Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

do88 Bigpack Porsche 991 Turbo!

 
Old 10-31-2018, 08:35 AM
  #1  
do88 performance
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
do88 performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nykvarn, Sweden
Posts: 163
Default do88 Bigpack Porsche 991 Turbo!

2 years ago we released the highly appreciated, well performing complete intercooler solution for the 997. Here comes the option for 991.1 and 991.2 Turbo/S!

We are happy to present to the Rennlist forum members, our complete performance charge air, high flowing and great cooling solution for Porsche 991.

The complete charge air performance solution for Porsche 991 Turbo!

Comes at a package price and includes both our motorsport grade intercooler package and high flow Y-pipe with all hoses and accessories for installation. To furthermore enable for a better breathing engine our newly developed inlet hoses for the 991 can be purchase alongside these products.

The intercooler kit and the y-pipe are great products alone. Used together they generate a great inlet temperature reduction, less backpressure of the whole system and thereby enabling more power.


Significant advantages with do88 BigPack (OEM intercooler/pipes):
- Significantly improved Air flow! (see diagram below).
- Cooler air to your engine! (see diagram below).
- Top quality, high density UK-made motorsport cores.
- 3D freeform designed cast end tanks.
- Custom designed carbon fiber ambient air guides.
- Assembly air flow at 0,175bar/2,54psi pressure drop: 790 CFM (602 CFM), do88 31% higher!
- Y-pipe made of 2,5" (63mm) mandrel bent aluminum pipes.
- Y-pipe cast, smooth flowing collector part.
- Comes with high quality silicone hoses and accessories for installation.























About the intercoolers:

Already from the beginning we realized that we could not sacrifice anything to keep the cost down we just had to do the best possible in the space available in the car! First of all we made a lot of investigation and comparisons between different core types and at last really fell for a high density motorsport core which have great cooling efficiency among with a low weight. With a great core in place we started to refine the end tank design which brought us to a decision to make cast end tanks as we could then control the air flow distribution over the core in a very precise way. This is very important as a good tank design will be beneficial for both pressure drop and cooling efficiency. To be able to fit an intercooler with appropriate thickness for the job it was also necessary to design a new upper ambient air guide. This was designed in our 3D scanned environment to ensure perfect fit to the vehicle integrated air guides and our intercooler. To achieve the best air flow distribution over the core we made intercooler end tanks with 70 mm (2 3/4 inch) connections which then made it necessary to designed custom silicone hoses for all positions. The hoses are 3D designed with airflow in mind where we CFD tested each hose during development to ensure best possible flow rate of all parts! The hoses between turbocharger and intercooler are special silicone hoses that can withstand up to 240░C (464░F) continuous temperature! Another important aspect for cooling performance are to use all ambient cooling air available, to optimize this part we include air block rubber seals for all surfaces where the ambient air guides must seal properly.

With this way to build our intercoolers the weight increase compared to the OEM ones was relatively small considering the size of our intercooler and that its all made of aluminium. Our intercooler weight is 5,4 kg (11,9 lb) per piece and the 991 OEM intercooler weights 3,1 kg (6,8 lb) per piece. It might sound like a big weight increase but compared to other actors on the market with intercoolers in this size it's a low weight!

About the Y-pipe:

In the beginning of the development process of this product we spent a lot of time thinking what would be the preferred way to build a Y-pipe and here is the result of our conclusions and development process! Our pipe have both a very good flow rate and a low weight which is accommodated by composing mandrel bent lightweight pipes with a high quality 3D freeform designed cast joint between them. Onto the cast part we then welded CNC-machined connections for bov and breather hoses.
This construction adds a lot of performance but only a tad of extra weight.

The pipes are then finished in a high quality powder coat that makes them look as good as they perform!

Performance:

At the same time as our BigPack lowers the intake temperature it also flow better than the 991.1 original intercoolers! Please have a look at the air flow rates at different pressure drops in the graph below where we compared our BigPack to the original intercooler and Y-pipe in our own Superflow SF-1020 Probench to verify the final result!









The price is 3748 USD excluding the inlet ducts and plenum.
The Y-pipe comes in black powder coating.
The products can be purchased separately as well. Press any of the pictures to get to the product!


Fell free to shoot us a PM or reply here if you have any questions!

// Isak, do88.

Last edited by do88 performance; 11-01-2018 at 03:13 AM.
do88 performance is offline  
Old 10-31-2018, 09:40 AM
  #2  
abiazis
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
abiazis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Berkeley Lake, Georgia
Posts: 1,896
Default

Well done..
abiazis is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 08:29 AM
  #3  
do88 performance
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
do88 performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nykvarn, Sweden
Posts: 163
Default

bump.
do88 performance is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 01:37 PM
  #4  
Steve Cole
User
 
Steve Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 242
Default

I can't wait to see this package reviewed with a proper tune, and see how much performance it provides. It looks good. Having choice is terrific.

Is this package more suited to drivability or outright power?
Steve Cole is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 02:41 PM
  #5  
Randyc151
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Randyc151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 919
Default

Do you have a complete install guide or video? Also, what's the total package price, excluding nothing?
Randyc151 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 05:10 AM
  #6  
do88 performance
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
do88 performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nykvarn, Sweden
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
I can't wait to see this package reviewed with a proper tune, and see how much performance it provides. It looks good. Having choice is terrific.

Is this package more suited to drivability or outright power?
We have not sold that many units yet, but SMR racing, AKA Rickard Cornacchini has used our first set during this season with great results. He┤s on this forum. I will see if we can get some dyno results. Driveability and power output goes hand by hand. Better throttle repsonse and eagerness throughout the power band helps both aspects.

Originally Posted by Randyc151 View Post
Do you have a complete install guide or video? Also, what's the total package price, excluding nothing?
Of course, here is a link to the PDF with the instructions.

Intercoolers and inlet hoses: https://www.do88.se/bilder/artiklar/...M-270-do88.pdf

Y-pipe: https://www.do88.se/bilder/artiklar/...00SV-OEM-1.pdf

Above is for 991.1. Here is the 991.2 products and under the items there is a link to the instructions: https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/hose...912/index.html

The retail price are as follows:

Intercoolers, y-pipe and inlet hoses sold as a bigpack arrangement (discounted 10 %), 4440 USD.
Plenum, 499 USD.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Regards
Isak, do88.
do88 performance is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 03:47 PM
  #7  
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member

 
Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dubai- Beirut
Posts: 5,035
Default

Originally Posted by do88 performance View Post
We have not sold that many units yet, but SMR racing, AKA Rickard Cornacchini has used our first set during this season with great results. He┤s on this forum..
AKA Rickard 993TT
Has a monster turbo cup car
Jean is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 05:31 PM
  #8  
IMI A
User
 
IMI A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 154
Thumbs up

I've been doing top speed events for 4 years now. Turbo had been running 200 to 206mph over 1.3 miles at these type of events. Last year I swapped to do88 big pack intercoolers and over the same distance I ran into the rev limiter 7400 rpm in 6th (2007 997 turbo) at 215mph! I hit the rev limiter approx 100 meters before the brake boards too.

These coolers really work. Can't recommend them enough. Transformational with the right set up.
IMI A is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 08:51 AM
  #9  
do88 performance
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
do88 performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nykvarn, Sweden
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by IMI A View Post
I've been doing top speed events for 4 years now. Turbo had been running 200 to 206mph over 1.3 miles at these type of events. Last year I swapped to do88 big pack intercoolers and over the same distance I ran into the rev limiter 7400 rpm in 6th (2007 997 turbo) at 215mph! I hit the rev limiter approx 100 meters before the brake boards too.

These coolers really work. Can't recommend them enough. Transformational with the right set up.
Thanks for your nice comment! Happy customers is our goal. Sounds like a handful 997 you┤ve got!
do88 performance is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 06:34 PM
  #10  
Randyc151
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Randyc151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 919
Default

Originally Posted by IMI A View Post
These coolers really work. Can't recommend them enough. Transformational with the right set up.
I'd love to hear about the rest of your setup! Please share. What ECU tune are you using, and other performance mods.
Randyc151 is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 06:58 PM
  #11  
Rickard 993 Turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Rickard 993 Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sweden/Stockholm
Posts: 1,828
Default

I have this on my 991 turbo. Works perfect.

Let me know if i can help in some way
Rickard 993 Turbo is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 07:06 AM
  #12  
IMI A
User
 
IMI A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 154
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Randyc151 View Post
I'd love to hear about the rest of your setup! Please share. What ECU tune are you using, and other performance mods.
Sure mod set up on 2007 manual 997 turbo - stock ecu and pretty mild bolt ons which is amazing considering the extra performance:

1. GT2 hybrid VTG turbos with 66mm compressor wheel

2. do88 turbo inlet pipes

3. GT2 RS intercoolers (since upgraded to do88 big pack intercoolers)

4. IPD high flow Y-Pipe, 82 mm IPD Intake Plenum with GT3 Throttle Body

5. Europipe 2 sports 100 cel exhaust

6. Sachs 890Nm clutch

7. 997t short shift

8. H&R - 20 mm sports lowering springs with TPC DSC module and GT2 RS rear anti roll bar

9. 19 inch BBS F1 alloys with 245 and 325 section Cup 2s

10. Stock engine and gearbox

Vid below shows me trapping 201- 206mph before I installed the coolers. I've only had one run so far with the do88 big pack intercoolers installed March 18 and hit 215mph VMAX 100m before the measurement beams! Sadly wet so I couldn't slow down and ended up in farmers field. Nothing serious but decided to treat myself to a full respray now she's 11 years old so I've only just got her back since that run. Will get more data next year when weather improves.

IMI A is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 07:44 AM
  #13  
do88 performance
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
do88 performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nykvarn, Sweden
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by IMI A View Post
Sure mod set up on 2007 manual 997 turbo - stock ecu and pretty mild bolt ons which is amazing considering the extra performance:

1. GT2 hybrid VTG turbos with 66mm compressor wheel

2. do88 turbo inlet pipes

3. GT2 RS intercoolers (since upgraded to do88 big pack intercoolers)

4. IPD high flow Y-Pipe, 82 mm IPD Intake Plenum with GT3 Throttle Body

5. Europipe 2 sports 100 cel exhaust

6. Sachs 890Nm clutch

7. 997t short shift

8. H&R - 20 mm sports lowering springs with TPC DSC module and GT2 RS rear anti roll bar

9. 19 inch BBS F1 alloys with 245 and 325 section Cup 2s

10. Stock engine and gearbox

Vid below shows me trapping 201- 206mph before I installed the coolers. I've only had one run so far with the do88 big pack intercoolers installed March 18 and hit 215mph VMAX 100m before the measurement beams! Sadly wet so I couldn't slow down and ended up in farmers field. Nothing serious but decided to treat myself to a full respray now she's 11 years old so I've only just got her back since that run. Will get more data next year when weather improves.
WOW, that thing moves. So long Huracan! 215 mph 100 meter earlier is indicating quite a performance gain... Glad you posted this video and glad that you made it in one piece from the visit at the farmers field.
do88 performance is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 09:04 AM
  #14  
IMI A
User
 
IMI A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 154
Default

Yes massive performance gain 100% attributable to your big pack coolers do88. Easy from the vid to visualise the extra performance if I'm hitting rev limiter in 6th gear one hundred metres before brake board ie what the real world gains are. That Huracan wouldn't even be in the same picture frame if we ran again with your coolers on as 100 meters before brake board the Huracan is probably running only 185mph! Really wasn't expecting the car to fly like that which caught me on a miserable day out hence off piste excursion into the farmers field

IMI A is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 10:03 AM
  #15  
do88 performance
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
do88 performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nykvarn, Sweden
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by IMI A View Post
Yes massive performance gain 100% attributable to your big pack coolers do88. Easy from the vid to visualise the extra performance if I'm hitting rev limiter in 6th gear one hundred metres before brake board ie what the real world gains are. That Huracan wouldn't even be in the same picture frame if we ran again with your coolers on as 100 meters before brake board the Huracan is probably running only 185mph! Really wasn't expecting the car to fly like that which caught me on a miserable day out hence off piste excursion into the farmers field
A pleasant suprise for the farmer anyway. "Oh my, is that a 997.2 with the additional go fast package - in my garden?"
do88 performance is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: