Sponsored by: Road Spy

Dealer Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 PM
turbosman7
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer Options

OK - have a 2019 911 Turbo S on order and the dealership has a new person who is aggressive on selling extras and wanted your thoughts on this - I am not naive and understand some of it may be BS but part of it sounds appealing - instead of leaving dealership mid-December and taking car to detailer it would be done in 1-stop - here is what they offered:
1. 7-Year Tire & Wheel Protections
2. Xpel on Side Mirrors, Door Edges & Door Cups, Wheel Arches, Entire Hood, Full Front Fenders & Bumpers
3 4 Coats Ceramic Pro coating

all for around $5800

Any thoughts/comments?
Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

I would shop around town for XPEL Ultimate.....I paid a great installer about $ 1500 for what you described. Ceramic was another $1200 and my tire wheel for 5 years was $ 2300........so the price they gave you is not bad, but I would negotiate it down to 4500.....start there and explain that you researched the market on the materials, etc.....you also could ask them to PPF the entire car as another negotiation point if they do not budge........try to get them to $5K with entire car done.........also get them to ceramic pro your wheels..........

you are spending about 220K so get them to come down and include more........
Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 PM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 421 Posts

Good PPF is dependent on the installer and both his skill and experience. You have no idea who the stealership will use but you can be sure it will be the cheapest installer they can find. Will they guarantee it?
Old 10-16-2018, 02:16 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

My car is due in late November and the dealership wants almost double that of my Xpel installer. I am paying $1200 for Ultimate on bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, and $1200 for 4 coats of ceramic.

Will your wheel and tire coverage cover aftermarket wheels?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:16 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

I would go outside the dealership, that is what I did and could not be more pleased
Old 10-16-2018, 07:27 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Good advice above if you live in an area with good option..... very lucky here in Atlanta.... lots of options.....
Old 10-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Wheel and tire insurance is really up to you. Several people do it. I would prefer to put the money aside myself and self insure.
As far as PPF, absolutely do it. Look at both Xpel and Suntek. I had Xpel on 2 different cars and went with Suntek best on my TTS. I think it is clearer, less orange peel and overall less obvious.
Lastly shop installers. If the dealer does it then they and the installer have to make money. Also you want to see the installers work. Before choosing the dealer shop quality installers and film types in your area.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:37 AM
sscofield
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had three three Turbo s’,, a Macan GTS, a Cayan S and a Boxter S full body wraped in Expel ....and installed by a MERCEEDES / BMW dealer!

They do all the work inhouse. The three Porsche dealers I buy from are great people, but they all job-out the Expel work, and consequently not much of an opportunity to negotiate a reduced price.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:02 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Call a local Ferrari or Lamborghini dealer and see who they use for PPF...I visited 4 shops that were recommended and selected the best after visiting locations and saved about a grand versus dealer....

If you take the tire/dent insurance make sure it is transferable...you will receive a prorated return if you sell the car....I was always anti insurance and it has been worth it due to high cost of tires....

I was advised that Xpel is better for light colors and Suntek better for darker colors by very well respected installler....

Quick Reply: Dealer Options