Sponsored by: Road Spy

2014 , Porsche 991 Turbo shift issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 04:16 AM
Grisoguy
Track Day

Received 35 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2014 , Porsche 991 Turbo shift issues

My 2014 has about 40K miles on it. I always drive the car with the shift lever pushed to the left and I always manually do all my shifting with the paddles. I never drive the car with the transmission lever in drive. I live in Las Vegas. The car warranty runs out in Feb 2018. The car is always garaged. Lately when I head out in the morning and it is cold (40 degrees) I put the transmission in manual mode to use the paddles but the does not follow my paddle commands it shifts as if I have the car in Drive. Once the car warms up the issue goes away. Also at times while driving the car once warmed up I have same issue on a intermittent basis. When the car is warmed up and this happens I push the lever back onto drive and then back to manual mode and it goes away. Does anyone else have this issue. Cold it be the transmission oil needs to warm up first or a electric issue in the microswitch when I move the shift lever from drive to manual? My concern is I want to get this resolved before the warranty runs on next February. Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I suggest you bring the car in to the dealer for evaluation/testing of the transmission
Old 12-16-2017, 02:25 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,092 Posts

If this happens all the time, the dealer should be able to reproduce and fix it.

When this ‘automatic-should-be-manual’ mode is happening what do you see in the cluster?

Is the indicated for ‘D’ or ‘M’ lit when you have the selector in M.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:21 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

As it stands 12/2017 Porsche has one and possible two(revised) PDK software updates for early 2014 production cars. If you mention hard shifting or delay in First, you most likely get a update. With that said, as the temps fall below 45F the engine oil temps and PDK oil temps must be at operating temps in order to get the power output and performance shifting. At low temps there is a manual mode delay (minor) when cold. Drive the car and get it up to temps, turn off the ignition and try to repeat your "condition" It shouldn't be there when warm. Regardless, if you haven't had the car into the dealer, you might ask them about the software update.

Quick Reply: 2014 , Porsche 991 Turbo shift issues