Sponsored by: Road Spy

How to prepare for new car...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts
Default How to prepare for new car...?

My Guards Red/Black car will arrive early December. I've got the garage space ready, am going to order grills for the front cooler openings, and have the clear bra guy lined up to do the whole car. What else should/could I be doing to get ready.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:59 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats!

How about HRE wheels, Kline exhaust and headers, and ByDesign intercoolers?

They all can take many months to fabricate so if you plan on modding your car right off the bat, you should put your order in now. Sam will take care of you.

For me, I also had ready frunk lid liner, frunk tray, RS side skirts, LED clear side markers, touch up paint, custom radar/laser system, and dash cams ordered before I received my car.

If you ordered your car with the model logo on the doors and but don't want your PPF guy to PPF over the sticker, then you will need to order another set to be put on over the PPF.

Cheers,

John

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
My Guards Red/Black car will arrive early December. I've got the garage space ready, am going to order grills for the front cooler openings, and have the clear bra guy lined up to do the whole car. What else should/could I be doing to get ready.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
Congrats!

How about HRE wheels, Kline exhaust and headers, and ByDesign intercoolers?

They all can take many months to fabricate so if you plan on modding your car right off the bat, you should put your order in now. Sam will take care of you.

For me, I also had ready frunk lid liner, frunk tray, RS side skirts, LED clear side markers, touch up paint, custom radar/laser system, and dash cams ordered before I received my car.

If you ordered your car with the model logo on the doors and but don't want your PPF guy to PPF over the sticker, then you will need to order another set to be put on over the PPF.

Cheers,

John
I did get the model on the doors. Didn't think that would be an issue with the PPF, so great heads up. I'll check with my guy on that... Frunk stuff sounds good too...
Old 10-16-2017, 08:18 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

What else should/could I be doing to get ready.
Planning road trip to Vegas!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:20 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

J/K
Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Just ordered a stage 3 setup from Sam @ By Design for my new to me TTS. Perhaps check that out...
Old 10-17-2017, 09:37 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get comfortable chair for garage. I sat and stared at mine in garage for first few weeks😄👍
Old 10-18-2017, 12:51 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Get a full detail including paint correction before you put the clear bra on! Then ceramic coat the whole thing. Factory paint has a lot of flaws, get a good detailer to make it look amazing before you do anything else!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:30 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I still do not understand why Porsche will not have grill covers for Front Cooler openings. Just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line. They have the grills which Porsche can install.

I do like the suggestion that GrandLaker said "sit and stare at the car", can not go wrong with that. It is fun ;-), the car is a work of art

Congrats on the new car!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:06 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=captainkirk;14544797]I still do not understand why Porsche will not have grill covers for Front Cooler openings. Just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line. They have the grills which Porsche can install.

QUOTE]

I didn't realize that. Is that the preferred option? I just assumed I'd go with one of the aftermarket grills.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:17 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Install the Porsche "Good to Know" app. Download the Owner's Manual. Read it.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:09 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=Tom M'Guinn;14544867]
Originally Posted by captainkirk
I still do not understand why Porsche will not have grill covers for Front Cooler openings. Just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line. They have the grills which Porsche can install.

QUOTE]

I didn't realize that. Is that the preferred option? I just assumed I'd go with one of the aftermarket grills.
I made a mistake in my statement. It should be "why doesn't Porsche just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line for the grill mesh".

Doubt Porsche will offer it but you can ask for the Turbo. If not then aftermarket has the solution.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:51 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Crank up youtube and watch everything about the car twice... look at the ship tracking sites like vesselfinder once you get the name... think about a good road trip to make break-in go by quickly... build your car over and over on the configurator just to see what some obscure corner will look like... wonder if you should have paid $300 for some specific knick knack in leather or with red stitching...

that's about what I did anyway.

...probably should have instead started scratching up ideas for a "son, this car addiction is why dad will only pay for you to go to state schools instead of ivy league schools" type speech lol

he's two years old so I have plenty of time to think on it
Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
Crank up youtube and watch everything about the car twice... look at the ship tracking sites like vesselfinder once you get the name... think about a good road trip to make break-in go by quickly... build your car over and over on the configurator just to see what some obscure corner will look like... wonder if you should have paid $300 for some specific knick knack in leather or with red stitching...

that's about what I did anyway.

Ditto!!

Quick Reply: How to prepare for new car...?