Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   How to prepare for new car...? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1029851-how-to-prepare-for-new-car.html)

Tom M'Guinn 10-16-2017 05:21 PM

How to prepare for new car...?

My Guards Red/Black car will arrive early December. I've got the garage space ready, am going to order grills for the front cooler openings, and have the clear bra guy lined up to do the whole car. What else should/could I be doing to get ready. :)

JW1 10-16-2017 06:59 PM

Congrats!

How about HRE wheels, Kline exhaust and headers, and ByDesign intercoolers? :D

They all can take many months to fabricate so if you plan on modding your car right off the bat, you should put your order in now. Sam will take care of you. :thumbup:

For me, I also had ready frunk lid liner, frunk tray, RS side skirts, LED clear side markers, touch up paint, custom radar/laser system, and dash cams ordered before I received my car.

If you ordered your car with the model logo on the doors and but don't want your PPF guy to PPF over the sticker, then you will need to order another set to be put on over the PPF.

Cheers,

John

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn (Post 14539515)
My Guards Red/Black car will arrive early December. I've got the garage space ready, am going to order grills for the front cooler openings, and have the clear bra guy lined up to do the whole car. What else should/could I be doing to get ready. :)

Tom M'Guinn 10-16-2017 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JW1 (Post 14539706)
Congrats!

How about HRE wheels, Kline exhaust and headers, and ByDesign intercoolers? :D

They all can take many months to fabricate so if you plan on modding your car right off the bat, you should put your order in now. Sam will take care of you. :thumbup:

For me, I also had ready frunk lid liner, frunk tray, RS side skirts, LED clear side markers, touch up paint, custom radar/laser system, and dash cams ordered before I received my car.

If you ordered your car with the model logo on the doors and but don't want your PPF guy to PPF over the sticker, then you will need to order another set to be put on over the PPF.

Cheers,

John

I did get the model on the doors. Didn't think that would be an issue with the PPF, so great heads up. I'll check with my guy on that... Frunk stuff sounds good too... :)

QueueCumber 10-16-2017 08:18 PM

What else should/could I be doing to get ready. :)

Planning road trip to Vegas!

QueueCumber 10-16-2017 08:20 PM

J/K

QueueCumber 10-16-2017 08:24 PM

Just ordered a stage 3 setup from Sam @ By Design for my new to me TTS. Perhaps check that out... :thumbup:

GrandLaker 10-17-2017 09:37 PM

Get comfortable chair for garage. I sat and stared at mine in garage for first few weeks😄👍

reacher 10-18-2017 12:51 AM

Get a full detail including paint correction before you put the clear bra on! Then ceramic coat the whole thing. Factory paint has a lot of flaws, get a good detailer to make it look amazing before you do anything else!

captainkirk 10-18-2017 10:30 PM

I still do not understand why Porsche will not have grill covers for Front Cooler openings. Just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line. They have the grills which Porsche can install.

I do like the suggestion that GrandLaker said "sit and stare at the car", can not go wrong with that. It is fun ;-), the car is a work of art

Congrats on the new car!!!

Tom M'Guinn 10-18-2017 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=captainkirk;14544797]I still do not understand why Porsche will not have grill covers for Front Cooler openings. Just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line. They have the grills which Porsche can install.

QUOTE]

I didn't realize that. Is that the preferred option? I just assumed I'd go with one of the aftermarket grills.

worf928 10-19-2017 12:17 AM

Install the Porsche "Good to Know" app. Download the Owner's Manual. Read it.

captainkirk 10-19-2017 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Tom M'Guinn;14544867]

Originally Posted by captainkirk (Post 14544797)
I still do not understand why Porsche will not have grill covers for Front Cooler openings. Just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line. They have the grills which Porsche can install.

QUOTE]

I didn't realize that. Is that the preferred option? I just assumed I'd go with one of the aftermarket grills.

I made a mistake in my statement. It should be "why doesn't Porsche just use the parts from the gt3 assembly line for the grill mesh".

Doubt Porsche will offer it but you can ask for the Turbo. If not then aftermarket has the solution.

ace37 10-19-2017 07:51 PM

Crank up youtube and watch everything about the car twice... look at the ship tracking sites like vesselfinder once you get the name... think about a good road trip to make break-in go by quickly... build your car over and over on the configurator just to see what some obscure corner will look like... wonder if you should have paid $300 for some specific knick knack in leather or with red stitching...

that's about what I did anyway.

...probably should have instead started scratching up ideas for a "son, this car addiction is why dad will only pay for you to go to state schools instead of ivy league schools" type speech lol

he's two years old so I have plenty of time to think on it :D

NVRANUF 10-19-2017 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ace37 (Post 14546840)
Crank up youtube and watch everything about the car twice... look at the ship tracking sites like vesselfinder once you get the name... think about a good road trip to make break-in go by quickly... build your car over and over on the configurator just to see what some obscure corner will look like... wonder if you should have paid $300 for some specific knick knack in leather or with red stitching...

that's about what I did anyway.

:D

Ditto!! :thumbup: