Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Aerokit Front Bumper Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 04:17 AM
PPFANBOY
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Would it be insane to paint it red to suit a black car? Has anyone done this, or am I the only one who is partial to insanity?
Old 10-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by PPFANBOY
Would it be insane to paint it red to suit a black car? Has anyone done this, or am I the only one who is partial to insanity?
Insanity does have a place with car ownership or who would be crazy enough to buy these cars and then spend more money to change it.

It sounds bold but I don't think I would like it red on a black car. Black cars are so stealth looking I think the red hit might ruin the lines. Now matt black or carbon wrap maybe.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:27 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
Stealth...Aero was painted and added afterward. Price was included with cost of car, as was lowering and window tint.

I have heard that purchased separately it's almost the cost of full kit ordered new.

I also like it painted in color of car , however that does not seem to be popular. Most like black, might be an age thing.
I'm 39 and I just ordered my Turbo S with a body color aerokit. I looked at a lot of pictures and the black just wasn't my thing. I got the side intakes and rear emblems in gloss black, but doing the aerokit that way too is too much for me.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:04 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

My next tts will have body colored aero kit, rear emblems, and body colored sunroof. I think having everything same color gives the car a bigger and cleaner presence.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:50 AM
PPFANBOY
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Insanity does have a place with car ownership or who would be crazy enough to buy these cars and then spend more money to change it.

It sounds bold but I don't think I would like it red on a black car. Black cars are so stealth looking I think the red hit might ruin the lines. Now matt black or carbon wrap maybe.
Yeah fair enough haha. Was just thinking out loud. I think carbon would be good, but not sure if too noticeable on a black car. If I had any other colour, I'd go gloss black or carbon in a heartbeat.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:31 AM
Keching
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
Here is a picture of mine . Spoiler was added afterward and does not interfere with bladder spoiler.
how difficult was the install?

did you paint it to match car?
Old 04-08-2021, 05:49 PM
stealthzr1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Keching
how difficult was the install?

did you paint it to match car?
i just finished doing this. Took a lot longer then I thought... I ordered the lip moths ago, had it painted, went to install and found that there were 2 missing pieces. I finally got them today. I didn’t want to wait to have them painted to matched so I tried them with flat black and actually really like it. My car did not have the aero factory. I decided not to drill the mounting holes in the bumper and just use double sided tape. The hardest part is getting the tabs to release when removing the stock
lip. If it’s to hard you may have to remove the front bumper so you don’t damage the lip.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:59 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthzr1
i just finished doing this. Took a lot longer then I thought... I ordered the lip moths ago, had it painted, went to install and found that there were 2 missing pieces. I finally got them today. I didn’t want to wait to have them painted to matched so I tried them with flat black and actually really like it. My car did not have the aero factory. I decided not to drill the mounting holes in the bumper and just use double sided tape. The hardest part is getting the tabs to release when removing the stock
lip. If it’s to hard you may have to remove the front bumper so you don’t damage the lip.

looks good. I have mine painted gloss black and need to install it, no installation instructions at all. Did the original front lip remove without removing the bumper?
Old 04-08-2021, 10:14 PM
stealthzr1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TtimeS
looks good. I have mine painted gloss black and need to install it, no installation instructions at all. Did the original front lip remove without removing the bumper?

yes, but its not easy and can cause damage to your original. you just have to take your time. plastic trim tools help. taking the front bumper off is pretty easy if you don't want to take the chance of damaging the original lip.
if your car didn't originally have the aero lip then your "supposed" to drill holes for the mounting plates but I refuse to do that so I just used some good double sided 3m tape.

Last edited by stealthzr1; 04-08-2021 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:17 PM
TtimeS
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthzr1
I was able to but its not easy and can cause damage to your original, just have to take your time. plastic trim tools help. taking the front bumper off is pretty easy if you don't want to take the chance of damaging the original lip.
if your car didn't originally have the aero lip then your "supposed" to drill holes for the mounting plates but I refuse to do that so I just used some good double sided 3m tape.
Thanks for the heads up, I may just pull the bumper since it’s not too hard. Do you track the car? I wonder if it’ll stay secure on track with double sided tape

Quick Reply: Aerokit Front Bumper Spoiler