Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I heard white is going on the pts list next
Old 12-06-2014, 06:51 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
I declined to take delivery of the car. If anyone wants an Aqua Blue 15 GT3 call Concours Motors in MKE.
My view is a little different as a beauty mark gives it some character. I'm saying this without having seen the damage but if it's under the clear coat, then it becomes a conversation item and a 'feature'. Anyone want to buy a stamp with an upside down airplane? Always the contrarian, I know...
Old 12-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Is that Sapphire blue on the wing? It's nice seeing the colors next to each other to compare. The only time you'll ever see anything like this!
I'm sure that is Sapphire. Liked that color but loved Aqua...
We don't think that's 'Sapphire'. We have discussed this before on the original thread when the car showed up parked on Werks II. I thought it was 'Maritime' and <3mph thought it was 'Voodoo Blau'. And he is probably right. Regardless, it's certainly not 'Sapphire Blue Metallic'.

Originally Posted by samrajj82
this is my first official post since joining the forum after following pretty much every thread for the past several months with the typical gt3 fanaticism, but the fact that you were able to get a PTS with aqua has compelled me enough to end the silence!...aqua is my favorite color, but I was told it wasn't possible to order. not just because i was "beyond the PTS time period" as orders were wrapping up, but because it was one of the officially rejected PTS options (see https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...ly-2014-a.html). i ended up ordering GT silver, but would still be very interested in knowing how you were able to order aqua. congrats on an absolutely stunning color choice!!!
Samrajj: 'Aqua Blue' was a metallic color offering when the first 991's came out in late 2011. It was tested and approved for PTS back then on the 'Panamera'. Once it was dropped and replaced in the 991/981 line up by 'Sapphire', it was quickly requested by a customer, tested and approved for PTS. And that is how it ended up on the PTS, approved for the 991/981 & Panamera. Who at 'Porsche Exclusive' (and when did they tell you) said to you that you couldn't order a PTS 991 gt3 in 'Aqua Blue Metallic'? For example, by January of 2014, 'Aqua Blue Metallic' already appears approved on the PTS list (see last image from 1/23/2014 published list here on Rennlist). And I would have to check each list in my file to see when it was first reported approved (like in late 2013). Regardless, that would have made it possible for most to order a PTS gt3 in this color.

yea... I went to pickup the car today and noticed marks that looked under the clear coat. Image a worm moving under the skin of an apple; that's what it looked like on the roof and one of the fenders. The detail guy came over and said he had seen that before; it is caused by the factory putting the white plastic on the paint before it is cured. Cannot be fixed without painting those sections of the car again.
We just had a similar case with the PTS 'Maritime Blue' gt3 of a Rennlister on this forum (PeteyDaddy). In his case, he got a full refund for PTS and was able to accept some sort of 'paint correction' on the roof of his gt3. See post #63 below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...pts-gt3-5.html

And more photos of the 'Maritime Blue' gt3 here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...s-finally.html

Once again, I hope this is not related to the actual chemistry of PTS process...because it's another nail in the PTS coffin. We will keep monitoring these cases to see if they are part of a larger problem as to why PTS was discontinued on the MY2015 model!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    

Last edited by Z356; 12-07-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Spelling correction of 'Maritime' & Add 'PeteyDaddy' Maritime PTS paint issues attachment!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 28 Posts

I can't recall, but is the rear decklid on this multicolor car Maritime?
Old 12-07-2014, 03:35 PM
samrajj82
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tpup,
Thank you for explaining how you ordered your PTS. I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be

Eduardo,
I joined the bandwagon pretty late and didn't start thinking about getting a GT3 until Aug/Sept 2014. Initially I was planning on getting a GTS. I eventually changed my mind the more I spoke with one of my best friends and neighbors who had a GT3 on order. I ended up finding one of those "extra allocations" that were being given to dealers at the beginning of October 2014. I put a deposit down that very same day, but was told I was already out of the PTS window. I was just thankful I was able to find an allocation so I went with it. Fortunately, I do really love GT silver too. Aqua will just have to wait until my next porsche
Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Im hoping those pictures I took don't ruin PTS for future folks, sorry if it does, racing the thread, it does educate me. I used to think PTS meant Porsche will paint your car any color you want, it looks like only any of the colors that are on the list are possible, anyone remember that commercial from the 90s where factory workers are painting cars the colors of their socks?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

I remember it well. Loved it.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah. This was my passing thought too when I went through the process last September. Was called paint to sample for a reason back in the day. Now should be called paint to list PTL. Basically on a limited period production model like GT3
Old 12-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

...you risk loosing your order for PTL. On the new 991 GR3RS only a brave man with inside assurances would try surely?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

While doing a euro delivery in 85 I asked the person taking care of my car what was the strangest request for PTS. The guy said a customer sent his girl friend's bikini top to the factory for a color match. The guys in the paint shop kept the bikini top.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

I love these stories about customization and the factory,I also love it that the factory workers used to have topless women pics on their workstations
Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

I declined to take delivery of the car. If anyone wants an Aqua Blue 15 GT3 call Concours Motors in MKE.

I can say that after purchasing 15 new Porsche's I just don't know if I can do it again. Since I move around the country they are not all with the same dealer.

To mcsmcs1's comments, the dealers view was take it or leave it we don't care. In my experience calling PCNA is going to be a waste of time...
That stinks, Tpup. Sorry to hear it. I really like ABM and was psyched for you to get this unusual car.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Watch her lips...

Originally Posted by dark knight
I used to think PTS meant Porsche will paint your car any color you want, it looks like only any of the colors that are on the list are possible, anyone remember that commercial from the 90s where factory workers are painting cars the colors of their socks?

Originally Posted by Macca
Yeah. This was my passing thought too when I went through the process last September. Was called paint to sample for a reason back in the day. Now should be called paint to list PTL.
Macca & Dark Knight:

I am pretty sure you guys both know better & don't really believe what you said above. But just in case any of you forgot how the PTS list got started & how it continues to grow* in color options every few months, it's time for me to repeat one of my favorite old post with 'lips' from this other thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...l#post11511857

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*Attached is the first PTS list I made public in Rennlist in 6/2012. Compare the color options to the latest one we have seen dated 9/2014!

Attached Images    
Attached Images
Old 12-08-2014, 01:20 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

^^
thanks for the info, wow, learn something new daily here. awesome.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Eduardo. All that list proved it the staff have been stealing Moree bikinis from washing lines around Stuttgart since the earlier PTS incident mentioned above. There's no other way to explain why the list grows exponentially over summer and the colour names are so summery! I think the service should be called paint to panties PTP and I recon if you sent in some ladies knickers for them to match you would find approval is much quicker than sending in say the photograph of an old car you owned and liked the colour of :-)

Quick Reply: Presenting "Frankencar"...