Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blowing out our 911R

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 02:39 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Actually screw it, this thread can only improve from here by going off topic.. what about "count the cylinders" game
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2017, 02:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Also, "count the rear shocks" game
Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Crazy prices all over ........less than 200 miles.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=180081466
Old 07-08-2017, 04:16 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

Has this R been "blown out" yet?
Old 07-08-2017, 04:44 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

There's probably a fierce bidding war underway caused by the blowout low ask.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:20 PM
goin2drt
Banned

This thread is tired. Let's all head over to the "should I sell my friend my allocation" thread. It is a good one
Old 07-08-2017, 07:26 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I raise my bid to $265k until Monday - then it cancels
Old 07-08-2017, 07:27 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

will be interesting to re visit this thread every few years, and see who was right.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:34 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Still can't believe that they are pulling this

Not only this but their warranty claim is usually void when you transfer between countries. Thats when the international warranty goes into effect and the country specific one, as implied by that statement, is replaced.
Not that I'm defending the flipper but this statement is completely false. Warranty is administered by PCNA. Cars exported/imported between Canada and the US will continue to have valid warranty and can be handled in either country.

With that said, it royally pisses me off that a Canadian R was moved to the US. I've heard that the originating dealer, original owner are being investigated by PAG and PCNA, and OP will be shortly if not already blacklisted by PAG due to their allocation flipping.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:39 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by shizzle
Not that I'm defending the flipper but this statement is completely false. Warranty is administered by PCNA. Cars exported/imported between Canada and the US will continue to have valid warranty and can be handled in either country.

With that said, it royally pisses me off that a Canadian R was moved to the US. I've heard that the originating dealer, original owner are being investigated by PAG and PCNA, and OP will be shortly if not already blacklisted by PAG due to their allocation flipping.
Hope your right but the ONLY people I have heard this happening to are VIP guys that have lost their VIP status and that has only been a few. PAG blacklisting someone from working a deal with a Porsche dealer (as AMG is not a Porsche dealer) to flip cars, not so much, but wish it started happening.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:48 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle

So you are saying that PCC is adminstered by PCNA and not by PAG.

From the Porsche site:

Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., a dedicated subsidiary of Porsche AG, imports and distributes Porsche vehicles in Canada. The company employs a team of more than 40 in sales, aftersales, finance, marketing, and public relations. In 2016, Porsche sold an unprecedented 7,061 units in Canada, up 10% over the prior year.

Just trying to understand you. I can see a cooperative warranty agreement if the owner and car are "citizens" of the same country. But once that relationship changes I believe that international warranty is in effect and not the country specific one.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:53 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Hope your right but the ONLY people I have heard this happening to are VIP guys that have lost their VIP status and that has only been a few. PAG blacklisting someone from working a deal with a Porsche dealer (as AMG is not a Porsche dealer) to flip cars, not so much, but wish it started happening.
In this case the issue is the exporting of the car to another country as opposed to a straight flip. Exporting is a huge issue for Porsche Canada as many cars have been sent abroad given our relatively cheap pricing. Several complaints were lodged in Canada because not all 918 owners were able to get a car. I think this is why they are looking at it.

As for non-Porsche dealers getting blacklisted, in Canada there is a known list. Some grey market dealers were buying allocations to flip or were using 'fake' customers to get cars. These people and those dealers (i.e. people affiliated with these dealers) have been blacklisted and will not be able to purchase cars from authorized dealers.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:02 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
So you are saying that PCC is adminstered by PCNA and not by PAG.

From the Porsche site:

Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., a dedicated subsidiary of Porsche AG, imports and distributes Porsche vehicles in Canada. The company employs a team of more than 40 in sales, aftersales, finance, marketing, and public relations. In 2016, Porsche sold an unprecedented 7,061 units in Canada, up 10% over the prior year.

Just trying to understand you. I can see a cooperative warranty agreement if the owner and car are "citizens" of the same country. But once that relationship changes I believe that international warranty is in effect and not the country specific one.
Up until just a year or two ago, Porsche Canada was under PCNA. PCNA Was till recently the importer/distributor for Canada. As long as an export clearance letter is given, the warranty from the originating country will be honoured. Here is some of the text straight from the warranty booklet

"Warranty Outside Canada - If your car is taken to an authorized Porsche dealer outside Canada or the U.S., PCL’s warranty will not be applicable and defective parts will be repaired or replaced only within the terms and limitations of the New Car Limited Warranty for Porsche vehicles for your model year in effect in the country where such authorized Porsche dealer is located."

As you can see from the above Canada and US are treated the same from a warranty perspective. When there is a discrepancy, PCL and PCNA will co-operate to resolve it. I can also confirm from my own experiences that warranty issues for exported/imported from Canada/US are handled with no trouble. In Canada, CPO is 160,000km but in US its unlimited. If a CPO'ed car from the US is imported, the unlimited mileage component is honoured here and in US only 160,000km limit will be honoured. This is legacy of PCNA handling both countries previously.

Last edited by shizzle; 07-08-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

I imported the last 997 gt2rs from Canada. The warranty transferred just fine. There's zero rational/logical/mechanical difference in the cars other than the analogue gauges. The market discounts them just 'cause. I had a few people turn away from it when I sold it because it was Canadian. But it ultimately went for a price fairly on par to a US car but it was the ONLY gt2rs on the market at the time and were lots of buyers. People are scared of them for no reason but it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I imported the last 997 gt2rs from Canada. The warranty transferred just fine. There's zero rational/logical/mechanical difference in the cars other than the analogue gauges. The market discounts them just 'cause. I had a few people turn away from it when I sold it because it was Canadian. But it ultimately went for a price fairly on par to a US car but it was the ONLY gt2rs on the market at the time and were lots of buyers. People are scared of them for no reason but it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
I'd buy a Canadian R (if I could). The discounted price would pay for rear tires, and lord knows I'd never look at the damn speedometer.

Quick Reply: Blowing out our 911R