Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 02:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,808 Likes on 2,380 Posts

TODAY https://www.relive.cc/view/1355783400

Originally Posted by meaker
Hello guys, bike rider here also. I mainly do MTB and Bmx. Have a road bike but don't put any miles on it. Last time I rode it was to eat dinner. Probably not too many Bmx riders in these forums. Been doing it for 33 plus years.
I see you all talking about hubs. Chris King are so long lasting. I have a set that are about 17 years old and my wife is on them now. But my hub of choice now is onyx. A fairly new company but coming on strong. Love their instant engagement and no sound..
but i love king noise ;-)
i did BMX when i was in my teens, damn that's like centuries ago...

Originally Posted by Ritesh
You bike guys are crazy. I love tracking my cars but biking is for the crazies! I'm 47 and decided a broken clavicle would be deleterious to my car/garage budget.

I come to this thread to see Mooty's garage, his food pics and California pics.

Ritesh - who claims to be Vegan but my wife calls me a Flexeterian(I'm flexible on my diet) :-)
u are younger than i.
i have broken wrist, elbow, clavicle, dislocated shoulders all on MTB all during college and grad school now older trying not to do too many crazy stunts, so far less broken bones.
my diet. eat everything i like to eat and PLENTY of it.
i like to die happy

Originally Posted by Nizer
What to do when Mother Nature washes the roads clean with 4.00" of rain and raises the temp by 50 degrees overnight? Go for a little squirt of course. #nobubblewrappers
MOVE TO KALIFORNIA?

Originally Posted by IRguy
Please, please, lets not talk about diet!!
Alright, i will be brief on it: and I have to say after this post i will put my head in the sand, plug my ears, never visit this thread!! This is clearly total lack of self control from my part. (no affiliation with dr Greger, not spending my afternoons at NutritionFacts.org)

Ok here it is: You don not need to be vegan or even vegetarian to have the full benefits of a vegan diet. In fact, I am almost certain you are better of if you are not religiously vegan. What you need is a plant based diet with occasional meat, cheese, etc. (and wine)
I went through all the phases of being vegan, then not, not fully. The fact is we need to pay attention to what we eat, but taking it to the extreme is not our best interest. Again, no affiliation with NutritionFacts but if you want to start somewhere that is one of the best places online.

This thread has to go back to biking!
i do eat veggie,
but veggie alone is boring. i need all the other stuff.
plus i still dont understand what is carbohydrate, sugar, i can't tell difference b/n chicken, beef or pork and i dont really care.
if it taste good, i will inhale it.

Originally Posted by JLG
Guess on air-cooled cars in pic- 89 Turbo Look Coupe? Gray car- 964 couple - can't guess year. Nice cars, got the air-cooled bug but need a bit of a cooling off period to buy....
the silver thing is a 25000 virgin all stock 86 carerra coupe with factory aero kit (which is different than turbo look)
the gray one is modded 92 964C2
if you have bug, buy it today. AC will only go up more and more. i know b/c i bought a lot and each one cost a lot more than previous. (same model, you dont wan tto know what those two cars cost, let's just say GT3RS pricing and premium are not nearly as shocking as what i paid for those AC cars)
Old 01-14-2018, 08:53 AM
hf1
Race Director

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by IRguy
Ok here it is: You don not need to be vegan or even vegetarian to have the full benefits of a vegan diet. In fact, I am almost certain you are better of if you are not religiously vegan. What you need is a plant based diet with occasional meat, cheese, etc. (and wine)
I went through all the phases of being vegan, then not, not fully. The fact is we need to pay attention to what we eat, but taking it to the extreme is not our best interest. Again, no affiliation with NutritionFacts but if you want to start somewhere that is one of the best places online.
Meat = food
Plants = medicine = poison, if eat too much
Sugar/carbs = poison

Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,894 Likes on 975 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

MOVE TO KALIFORNIA?
Hmmm. Hurricanes and blizzards vs wildfires, earthquakes, and mud slides. Think I'll tough it out in NE a while longer.

And that was a freaky movie...

Old 01-14-2018, 10:03 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

I didn't see any bikes, Porsche's, or food in that trailer. Must not be the true Kalifornia!! LOL

Move to Wisconsin. No earthquakes, mudslides, hurricanes, or wildfires. Just the occasional blizzard and that is rare. Is a little chilly at times though but you can drive on the lakes here.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:53 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 383 Posts

I prefer this version:

Old 01-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Col of the day: Passo del Mortirolo

Diabolical climb, one of the hardest I've done. Don't do this without close to 1:1 gearing. Enjoy

Old 01-15-2018, 03:01 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ another incredible col... thx for shaving
i can't believe the guy can ride up that and still talk same time... just wow
Old 01-15-2018, 03:03 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

102 miles yesterday got dragged out today for 58 miles 54xx vertical feet....
then a treat in 4.0

Old 01-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Exactly Mooty! Clearly he is a super strong rider. I too used a 34X28 and I suffered greatly. Big mistake, I should have at least had 34X30 and maybe 34X32 to ride up that beast. I rode it as part of the Grandfondo Stelvio Santini http://www.granfondostelviosantini.com/ The Mortirolo killed my time, fortunately I recovered a bit to ride up the Stelvio pretty well. Fantastic region to ride, I highly recommend staying in Bormio and riding these cols some day, pure cycling heaven.

BTW, love the view looking out your garage. If only I had that view now.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:08 AM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hf1
Red Meat = carcinogen = poison
Chicken, Pork, Fish = poison
Plants/Legumes = food
Rice/Pasta/Bread = food
Sugar = poison
Beer and Whiskey = nectar of the gods
My version.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Sorry to disagree, but 'nectar of the gods' is clearly reserved for coffee (along with occasional dark chocolate). Much more important for day to day functioning and enjoyment than alcohol (IMHO).
Old 01-16-2018, 12:56 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

6xx miles in december/january, time for a bath on MLK day
Originally Posted by Brian 96C2
Exactly Mooty! Clearly he is a super strong rider. I too used a 34X28 and I suffered greatly. Big mistake, I should have at least had 34X30 and maybe 34X32 to ride up that beast. I rode it as part of the Grandfondo Stelvio Santini http://www.granfondostelviosantini.com/ The Mortirolo killed my time, fortunately I recovered a bit to ride up the Stelvio pretty well. Fantastic region to ride, I highly recommend staying in Bormio and riding these cols some day, pure cycling heaven.

BTW, love the view looking out your garage. If only I had that view now.
i normally ride 36 with 28 cog
but yea for motirolo, 34 front for sure and i think 32 rear would be nice. maybe even bigger haha

Sorry to disagree, but 'nectar of the gods' is clearly reserved for coffee (along with occasional dark chocolate). Much more important for day to day functioning and enjoyment than alcohol (IMHO).
DID YOU SAY CHOCOLATE....
Old 01-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,278 Posts

If you lived in California and had access to the amazing selection of micro-brewed beers out here, you might re-think your last sentence.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
I didn't see any bikes, Porsche's, or food in that trailer. Must not be the true Kalifornia!! LOL

Move to Wisconsin. No earthquakes, mudslides, hurricanes, or wildfires. Just the occasional blizzard and that is rare. Is a little chilly at times though but you can drive on the lakes here.

Funny you mention how you all like to drive on lakes. I think a year or two a large group did the on one of your lakes and the ice gave in
Old 01-16-2018, 11:30 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Got to know your lake and it's ice conditions. Can be fun if you are careful

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches