Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

Amazing project. Very impressive!
Old 07-06-2017, 11:14 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyGT4
I would love it if someone from Porsche sends you a message saying congrats and job well done.
That would be super cool but I doubt they want to acknowledge the existence of this car, kind of kills the whole nobody cares for manuals and pdk is the best story they pushed at release. 😉

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Even better yet---get AP to sign the frunk lid !
This would be very funny.

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Try to get it featured in 'Panorama', and they'd scratch it even more. He he.

Hey, for the benefit of future adopters, what was the approx cost of the transplant alone (excluding leather options, and unrelated improvements, but with everything else)? Curious if the 40 grand you mentioned, or more. Could be wrong, but I'd almost bet my house if you sell you car, you'd get most (if not all) of the conversion back. Take care, and hope all is going well with the human baby.
Thanks for the well wishes and the human baby is awesome, doing his thing right now, eat sleep poop. Sweet boy.
As for breakdowns and costs you'd have to take that's up with John @ BGB

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I'd pay ADM for this over a stock rs anyday
Thanks man, me too😉, not bashing the original in any way because the PDK is spectacular but the car just seems way more appealing to me now and I haven't even driven it. Hearing the little breaks in rpm between gear shifts is freaky to me at the moment, so foreign to this car, can't wait to experience it.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:18 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure about your resale or if you single handedly changed Porsche's transmission philosophy going forward but I do know you deserve a manual GT3.2RS allocation!

Great project, enjoy!
Old 07-06-2017, 02:05 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Bardman
This I doubt. Modifications really don't play out that well in the second hand market, even one as well documented as this. If the 991.2 3rs comes with a manual as is rumored by some then this would also be a factor.

Not wanting to diminish what OP has done - it's a unique and awesome machine, but it's not the sort of activity which you come out of financially whole (and I would expect OP is fully aware of this).
I would usually be in aggreance with your statement, having owned and rotated quite a few vehicles and seen the financial losses first hand on aftermarket equipment and accesories, but we aren't talking a widebody fiberglass kit and some 15's in the trunk lol. Didn't go into the build thinking what can I potentially not lose here, actually the opposite, I put some money aside to get this car built right and said this car has to use all OEM Porsche parts and when done it must look and operate as if Porsche made the vehicle themselves.
Just my thoughts, don't plan on ever selling the car so we'll never find out😉

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
I think the line would be long too!
Thanks, if it wasn't me I'd be in that line for sure.

Originally Posted by tstafford
Amazing.
Thanks
Originally Posted by RealityGT
No offence.. But it's in poor taste to ask someone how much & they've dumped into their car.. You want to know? MSG BGB if you're serious.
You Sir are correct!
While I typically agree with $ returns for mods.. But in this case, the OP's car is so unique and is a true 1 of 1. No other 991.1 RS with a 6MT!
This is front page cover stuff.
Thank you, I agree👌
Agreed with @CAlexio, this is worthy of an ADM uplift..
Si senior !
Originally Posted by neanicu
+1
😜
Old 07-06-2017, 02:10 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by CHADW
Not sure about your resale or if you single handedly changed Porsche's transmission philosophy going forward but I do know you deserve a manual GT3.2RS allocation!

Great project, enjoy!
Thank you very much, that would be nice but I think they might block and ban me from any special car order moving forward.

Thank for the support and interest man.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:17 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by 405
Amazing project. Very impressive!
Thanks man, appreciate it!! Want to thank you too, little do you know your 993 tribute was the inspiration for my 993 build, wanted to do an RS tribute but wasn't set on a color until I say your Gaurds red build and said that's the car I'm building. Loved your car man. Fresh out the body shop last week.
On my lift at home, changing out cats to a Xpipe.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:34 PM
TomTomTom
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing car, congratulations.

Does the car feature all "usual" Porsche tricks for manual gearboxes like auto-blip in Sport mode?
Old 07-06-2017, 09:19 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by TomTomTom
Amazing car, congratulations.

Does the car feature all "usual" Porsche tricks for manual gearboxes like auto-blip in Sport mode?
Thanks, yes it does, acts as if it came from Porsche built with the manual. Functions perfectly.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:45 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats! Don't do instagram but would love to see the video......were you able to get the sills done by my buddy?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Country911
Congrats! Don't do instagram but would love to see the video......were you able to get the sills done by my buddy?
+1. Why limit it to Instagram users? Dump it on YouTube (or here if you can). If not for RL users, for Porsche honchos who may harbor similar reservations w/social media. And while I'm on my soapbox, I'm also getting annoyed at all the sign-ins that request Facebook credentials. F FB.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:55 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 86 Posts

No offence.. But it's in poor taste to ask someone how much & they've dumped into their car.
I didn't ask. But even if I did, why the heck in 'poor taste'? I didn't ask him how much he made. Geez. Anyway, if you read the entire thread, OP said about 40 grand (which sounds about right to me), and offered to post final amount when done. Now he said to talk to BGB so that's out the window. And no, I'd never do that; was just curious, so just followed up on what he offered. Cracks me up that even a freaking exhaust price is a secret here, and you need to PM or beg somebody for a price, rather than just post it. That's what I'd do. Take care.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:50 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
I didn't ask. But even if I did, why the heck in 'poor taste'? I didn't ask him how much he made. Geez. Anyway, if you read the entire thread, OP said about 40 grand (which sounds about right to me), and offered to post final amount when done. Now he said to talk to BGB so that's out the window. And no, I'd never do that; was just curious, so just followed up on what he offered. Cracks me up that even a freaking exhaust price is a secret here, and you need to PM or beg somebody for a price, rather than just post it. That's what I'd do. Take care.
+1. Money is just money, its not your inner thigh measurement.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:29 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
+1. Why limit it to Instagram users? Dump it on YouTube (or here if you can). If not for RL users, for Porsche honchos who may harbor similar reservations w/social media. And while I'm on my soapbox, I'm also getting annoyed at all the sign-ins that request Facebook credentials. F FB.
You don't have to be an Instagram " user " to look at the pictures and watch the short clips. You just click on the link and they're all there,no sign in,no credentials required.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:51 AM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Quite impressive that this was completed. It's funny people still worried about what this will do to resale
Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
+1!

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!