Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 05:46 AM
EricB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I would have kept the PDK paddles, you could map them to Radio controls/ any other momentary switching you want.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by EricB
Personally, I would have kept the PDK paddles, you could map them to Radio controls/ any other momentary switching you want.

He's going for purity here..... who needs the radio?

BTW, the leather wrapped outer trim is a great call. I'm still shocked at the black plastic they offer. Even the silver is plastic.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by EricB
I couldn't possibly disagree more.

When the manual C7 came out with the paddle shifters and they were given an obviously nonsense function (switching rev-matching) it came across as nothing but a cheap and lazy solution to not having to make a separate wheel without the paddles. It's just plain stupid. Paddle shifters serve one purpose. If you don't need to shift with them, they shouldn't be there.

Having shift paddles controlling your radio volume or something is just idiotic.

Also... DANG!!! That leather wrapped trim is amazing!!
Old 05-17-2017, 10:59 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by islandsnow
RJ

do you mind me asking how much the silver wrap in leather was and Frank contact info from Exclusive Options?

Thanks
Hey, don't mind you asking at all, I'll PM you his contact info. As for the price he has it all listed on his website. Just google Exclusive option. hop this helps.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by STG
He's going for purity here..... who needs the radio?

BTW, the leather wrapped outer trim is a great call. I'm still shocked at the black plastic they offer. Even the silver is plastic.
Thanks, I agree with you. the plastic chrome thing looks ok but feels cheap.

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I couldn't possibly disagree more.

When the manual C7 came out with the paddle shifters and they were given an obviously nonsense function (switching rev-matching) it came across as nothing but a cheap and lazy solution to not having to make a separate wheel without the paddles. It's just plain stupid. Paddle shifters serve one purpose. If you don't need to shift with them, they shouldn't be there.

Having shift paddles controlling your radio volume or something is just idiotic.

Also... DANG!!! That leather wrapped trim is amazing!!
Yesssss. Same page you and I. Thought it looked very stupid in the C7 and said the same thing "did they f*ing get lazy and forget or got cheap and left them" lol. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Baby is on the Way!!!!! had to change plans and get this Beast to Florida faster. Can not be playing with cars while wife goes into labor!!! (BIG NO NO)
that being said I washed and loaded her up. just in time for the dealer to drop my new tow rig. Got rid of my 2500 and got back in a dually and I love it. perfect for long travels. Soooooooo, BGB here we come.
Off to see the Wizard!!!

Washed all nicely.

smiling, ready for Surgery..

Strapped down , PAIN in the azz how low the rear sits on the tire. Used my new Macs tire blocks and could barely fit my finger around the side. had to use a stick to push the blocks up.lol

Peek a BOO

New Tow set up. Love me some dually's.

Big rear ends everywhere.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:22 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
Took the car out for one last final drive as a Automatic car last night. Paddle and airbag less, hoping a police officer didn't pull up beside me and give me a double take WTF look! lol.. All was well and no police. Gave the car a good 30 min spirited (very aggressive) drive before coming home and taking the steering wheel off again. There was a package from Exclusive Options Frank overnighted me. This guys product is amazing, they wrapped the steering wheel silver trim in leather and it came out fantastic. Same look as the 911R and new 991.2 GT3 but not cheap plastic (dont take offense) . Finely wrapped leather. Also
installed the new rear basket on the wheel. look finished now minus airbag. leaving it off for the boys at BGB!
Thanks everyone, cool stuff coming up very soon.

Let me know what you guys think of the new look.
Pic heavy.

Exclusice options Leather wrapped steering wheel trim

Very nicely finished, tightly wrapped and tucked leather. looks factory.

its crazy how nice it came out.

Taking apart wheel trim.

off with the old

new sexy

great craftsmanship

face trim installed and front and rear spoke cover reinstalled

The elusive factory rear basket installed

sexy

Paddles all gone and looking completely factory.

up close

s

installed

beautiful

Ohhhh love the steering wheel silver trim finished in leather...this is just what I was looking for!!!!! I looked into the 911R steering wheel (it does have some bolts that look nice) but I bet this is way cheaper.....in my case would also like to see if Frank could do the air vents surround of my GT4 to compliment the look...trying to get rid of the shinny plastic stuff.....
Old 05-17-2017, 11:24 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Big congrats!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:34 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice house! I'd love to replace your $150,000++ roof some day. Let me know, I'll send my best cedar crew to Illinois for a couple weeks. LOL
Old 05-17-2017, 11:35 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Ohhhh love the steering wheel silver trim finished in leather...this is just what I was looking for!!!!! I looked into the 911R steering wheel (it does have some bolts that look nice) but I bet this is way cheaper.....in my case would also like to see if Frank could do the air vents surround of my GT4 to compliment the look...trying to get rid of the shinny plastic stuff.....
Hey Thanks, The 911R bolts are just the little pcs that insert into the bare steering wheel shell. You can order them to fit your GT4 wheel if you would like. I like the look too but its for the R and the new 991.2models only so I wanted to keep it Original to the car and how it came from the factory. (MINUS THE PDK) thats all
Originally Posted by RealityGT
Big congrats!
Thank you Sir!!! Appreciate you following the build and throwing up the comments. Nice to hear what everyone thinks.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:38 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by tonymission
Nice house! I'd love to replace your $150,000++ roof some day. Let me know, I'll send my best cedar crew to Illinois for a couple weeks. LOL
LOL and Thank you very much! I will keep you in mind and would love to send the business your way. I just hope it doesn't need replacement for a really long time
Old 05-17-2017, 11:47 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
LOL and Thank you very much! I will keep you in mind and would love to send the business your way. I just hope it doesn't need replacement for a really long time
Thanks! Cedar is my favorite type of roof from a beauty standpoint, but I haven't seen many make it past 25 years... often less depending on the climate. Financially they don't make a lot of sense, but they look so good on these types of homes. Depending on HOA requirements, you might have some other high-end options that could/should last forever. I'm happy to give advice if you ever get to that point.
Sorry to get off topic, I just can't help myself!
Old 05-17-2017, 12:58 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow steering looks amazing, one small step to an R, a giant leap for a better future

Right now contemplating in anticipation for the final install. Me along with PAG, GT3,RS owners, .2 buyers and everyone else on this planet.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Have you considered the significant risk that when you're all done, this will be the sickest car ever made?
The following users liked this post:
emaw (10-21-2023)
Old 05-17-2017, 02:50 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Love everything about this

So, OT but since you brought it up: Big difference between 2500 and 3500 dually?

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!