Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

991.2GT3; Track It vs. Street Driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
As Ipse said earlier, why the **** do people care what other people do with their cars? Never understood why anyone would spend a minute thinking about how other people use their toys. Insecurity maybe? Need to reinforce their decision by stating it out loud? Common forum dick swinging?
Originally Posted by Nick
"[QUOTE=Pazzo009;14164962]

The downside to track driving is most owners are self insured not realizing that accidents while at the track are not covered by your automobile insurance (I know there is track insurance but its expensive with limited coverage). With tax my car will cost over $175,000. Why in the hell should I risk tracking it and some idiot loses control, spins out and smash my car? Or worst ye,t someone gets hurt in the track collision and you are sued for personal injury. Are you prepared to defend and possible pay damages out of your pocket?

I have nothing against track driving. But understand this car is designed for street driving and occasional track driving.
Okay okay...it seems some are getting butthurt here and not fully comprehending what I'm saying. I anticipated that but I hoped for better comprehension of my sentiments instead of emotions superseding the point.

I said " Track the car at least once" Not frequently where it creates more of a chance of damage. Plus, just because you're on a track, you're not in a competitive position. You can go at your own pace and point faster drivers by. This gives you the luxury of staying in your comfort zone and still getting a feel of your car.

To Nick...Of course there are risks involved, but a track is still safer than pushing your limits on the street, we've mentioned those risks and they could be much more severe and costly. I'll reiterate for this topic that in a lot of track events for amateurs you can drive at your own pace. You can let faster drivers go by. If some one spins out and it causes an issue for you, then you were too close.

So all I'm saying and have already said is, if you can track your GT3 at least once do it. You will have a much better experience in what the car can do in a more controlled environment. If you don't want to, thats your business. Enjoy the car as choose, but also know that on the street you will never come close to experiencing all the engineering and capabilities that you paid a premium for. Thats a fact.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Tangential question, can any type of harness and/or Hans device be used with the 4 way sofas, or is a proper race seat or LWBs required?
Old 05-07-2017, 03:03 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,017 Likes on 2,837 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Tangential question, can any type of harness and/or Hans device be used with the 4 way sofas, or is a proper race seat or LWBs required?
I think there are harnesses that can work without a sub strap (between your legs through the seat bottom, but pretty sure no good solutions without shoulder harness pass-throughs.

Quick Reply: 991.2GT3; Track It vs. Street Driving