Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing 991.2 GT3 with prior R/RS models shows .2 superior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 11:57 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

That was probably done when I had to search for things that I never thought I had to search for.

With all due respect.

You are disgrace for RL. Your attitude is awful and I hope I never have to share a racetrack with you.

Really hope some of the moderators step up and do something about your privileges?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0

With all due respect.

You are disgrace for RL. Your attitude is awful
Well at least we feel the same about each other.

You should be ashamed of your posts and trolling.

I hope the mods take notice of your disgraceful attitude in the 991 forum--nothing but consistent negative babble and 991 bashing.

You just don't like someone is calling you out for the troll that you are here.

Last edited by ATXGT3; 04-30-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Yes, yes.

That is my hotmail account... idontlike997RS@hotmail.com

Sorry 997RS 4.0 I know this is probably confusing to you.
What is funny is he has more then twice as many posts then you, and he is trying to ignore you.

How did we get off the subject?

Why are you trying to sabotage this thread with that kid stuff?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:09 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by GT345
What is funny is he has more then twice as many posts then you, and he is trying to ignore you.
And I have 16x more than you.

Wow.

Well you kids have fun this is a bizarre thread.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:25 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Are you asking how those safety devices will make you go faster?

Interesting question from a PCA instructor.

Harness and racing seats will keep you in your seat so you are not using energy to keep you planted.

Roll Bars will help keep the car from flexing and make it more stable.

He at least added a fire extinguisher so if he is on fire, he can put himself out.
Yes.

I do tell my students to get a Harness and Hans and thus a roll bar.
In the crazy heat shorts provide more safety due to less likely to get a heat stroke. The idiots in charge still forbid AC on and windows closed.

The GT3 isn't exactly a noodle and I cant tell any stiffness benefit with just a roll bar, maybe with a full cage..

with the automatics and the proper seats I can hold myself in pretty solid with my nothing to do left leg..

I wasn't impressed with his driving either, but solid effort otherwise and who am I to judge a Fast and Furious enthusiast?
Old 04-30-2017, 01:04 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The idiots in charge still forbid AC on and windows closed.
Yea that makes no sense... They make us keep windows open in Cali.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:05 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry was i suppose to be impressed with that? I know people that will run circles around you and they will be the first to admit they have not reach the limitations of what the car can do.

One person i know off ran a 1:46 at California Speedway with his .1 GT3 which was 3 seconds faster then any other car in his class ever (set a new track record for his class) and he was the one who made that claim.

Truth is most people can't because they just don't have the ***** to do what the car is capable of.

Don't mean to be rude but first off drifting does not impress me, and we all know is slow around the track as far as track times.

On your second video did you break any track records for your class?

And again sorry but hard to take someone serious when they don't have harnesses, hans device, and wearing shorts!

Also you did not even have a post on this thread before my statement so...
Look, I'm no pro, far from it, and that's not the point I'm trying to make here. Whether a person knows how to explore the limits of a car, or just enjoy it for different reasons. It is their prerogative if they so choose to upgrade to a .2 or not. Coming on here and laughing at people who can't explore the limits of their car yet they choose to purchase a .2 is quite tasteless.

And yes, I do take safety very seriously as I am running Hans, with a 6 point harness in a Clubsport Package. And just like the "one person you know off", I do have the record in my class
Old 04-30-2017, 11:25 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Not sure wth has happened to this forum lately. We should all be enthusiasts and appreciate all of the great cars Porsche has been releasing. Tge 991.1 GT3, 991.1 GT3 RS, GT4 and 991.2 GT3 are all great cars. Of course Porsche improved the 991.2 GT3. Did any of you expect them to put out and inferior car? There is too much ego and car centrism on this forum. Be confident in your purchases. Some of you sound like some insecure women. We all purchase these cars for our own reasons. I purchased my "cute" GT4 because it has a stick. I will be purchasing a 991.2 GT3 because it has a stick. I think the 991.1 RS is a great car and it looks better than the 991.2 GT3 to me, but for my purposes the 991.2 GT3 is a better car for me. I prefer manual cars. I could have purchased an RS on a couple of ocassions, but chose not to. The 991.2 GT3 is better than the 991.1 RS in some ways and worse in some. Overally it is an improvement on the 991.1 generation GT3/RS, that is all that matters. Would you guys prefer Porsche put out inferior cars? I'm sure the 991.2 RS will be better in most ways than the .1 GT3, .1 RS and .2 GT3, but a manual will always be a manual for me. That doesn't mean the .2 RS won't be a better car, I'm sure it will be. Just not for me. The people that are most defensive in this thread, obviously feel insecure about their purchases.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:45 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Look, I'm no pro, far from it, and that's not the point I'm trying to make here. Whether a person knows how to explore the limits of a car, or just enjoy it for different reasons. It is their prerogative if they so choose to upgrade to a .2 or not. Coming on here and laughing at people who can't explore the limits of their car yet they choose to purchase a .2 is quite tasteless.

And yes, I do take safety very seriously as I am running Hans, with a 6 point harness in a Clubsport Package. And just like the "one person you know off", I do have the record in my class

And you missed my point entirely when i posted in this thread.

People are going to spend 20+ over MSRP to buy the .2 if they are even lucky enough to get one, and will prob sell there current .1 at a lower price then they thought they would be selling it for when they originally bought it.

These threads actually do damage to the market place to all the .1 owners and at the end of the day for what so they can feel better about themselves on buying and over paying for a .2 when they have not even come close to what there .1 GT3 car is even capable of doing.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
Not sure wth has happened to this forum lately. We should all be enthusiasts and appreciate all of the great cars Porsche has been releasing
Combo of "Mine is bigger than yours", ADMs, sour grapes and Badge(R/RS/GT3vs4)/Manual zealots stirring the pot.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:25 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Combo of "Mine is bigger than yours", ADMs, sour grapes and Badge(R/RS/GT3vs4)/Manual zealots stirring the pot.
Like most car forums.

However, if I did contribute to some of that I do apologize.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is the funny part...

I don't think there is one person in this thread that is even capable of pushing the .1 GT3 to the cars limitations, so saying you are going to pay a lot more money for another car that might be a little bit better is the part that makes me chuckle.

Also RS has bigger tires, more down force, allows front wheels to cool off better with the vents up front, better trans, better seamless shifting so IMO will still be a better car then the .2 GT3.. Did I also mention better looking?
You bring a good point up regarding the seamless shifting on the RS. We know the .1 RS was quicker shifting than the .1GT3, I wonder if they now put this into the .2 GT3?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:11 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know if it's just the internet/rennlist personas etc, but I have never ran into another Porsche enthusiast at an event to bash another's car...even down to the inexpensive models. Sure here and there on rennlist it happens but it seems like it's a pandemic lately. Particularly in the GT3 and RS sub forum.

Maybe it's because I'm in denver and it's a small community of GT cars(people). I don't know., rennlist has been an odd place as of late.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
I don't know if it's just the internet/rennlist personas etc, but I have never ran into another Porsche enthusiast at an event to bash another's car...even down to the inexpensive models. Sure here and there on rennlist it happens but it seems like it's a pandemic lately. Particularly in the GT3 and RS sub forum.

Maybe it's because I'm in denver and it's a small community of GT cars(people). I don't know., rennlist has been an odd place as of late.
I took a year break from RL for this very reason. It felt like a bit of a mood hoover every time I went there. I found I enjoyed my car more when I wasn't continually reading posts that I'd specced the wrong seats

Then I go to local Porsche club events and everyone's positive about other people's cars and opinions. Maybe people are just nicer to your face? I don't know... Still trying to understand all the bashing.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:04 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
You bring a good point up regarding the seamless shifting on the RS. We know the .1 RS was quicker shifting than the .1GT3, I wonder if they now put this into the .2 GT3?
Absolutely but the .2 RS will be even quicker.

I am not a huge fan of Automatics but I am a huge fan of all sport cars so I read about them all and try to experience what I can. PDK-S is freakn kick-*** and it has really raised the bar. As long as I can get "GT' car in manual I will go that route but when they are no more Porsche has one of the best, if not the best, out there for us common folks

Quick Reply: Comparing 991.2 GT3 with prior R/RS models shows .2 superior?