Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to stay with the P car, but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 10:41 PM
JSA
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I want to stay with the P car, but...

I felt like I got the run around today on a new GT3 allocation. And I have a 991 GT3RS to trade. I just feel like my dealer either doesn't have enough allocations or they're toying with me. And I have to say, the new McLaren 570 is looking awfully temping.

Edit: My dealer called and further explained the process and assured me that I am getting an allocation. So, I'm staying with the brand that I love most - Porsche. 👍

Last edited by JSA; 04-12-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

^Why would you be considering a trade??- Manual??
Old 04-08-2017, 10:45 PM
JSA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^Why would you be considering a trade??- Manual??
No. I love the PDK. I'm just considering a "downgrade" and saving nearly $100k. But as we all know the new GT3 isn't much of a performance downgrade from a GT3RS.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:46 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I am sure they want to make a sale, but if they don't have enough cars...McLaren is nice. I saw a 675 LT today while cruising. Car looks amazing in the flesh. If you can't get the car you want go talk to another dealer, or shop another brand. Nothing stopping you from coming back to Porsche in the future.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Willing to trade a .1RS, you should have no problem assuming you're not asking a ridiculous amount for your trade. Call around, I'm sure there's a dealer out there willing to sell you one.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:01 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My SA called me today, offering an early GT3 .2 allocation. They're asking $25K market adjustment. And I have bought many many cars from them, traded many more also. This didn't sit well with me, especially after walking into the McLaren dealership for the first time ever and getting a 10K off sticker for a 570S earlier this year (granted not a just released model but they never asked over sticker). I think if you drive a 570S and see how the dealer network operates, you may be one of many defectors. Oh, and I declined my GT3 .2 offer.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:07 PM
JSA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
My SA called me today, offering an early GT3 .2 allocation. They're asking $25K market adjustment. And I have bought many many cars from them, traded many more also. This didn't sit well with me, especially after walking into the McLaren dealership for the first time ever and getting a 10K off sticker for a 570S earlier this year (granted not a just released model but they never asked over sticker). I think if you drive a 570S and see how the dealer network operates, you may be one of many defectors. Oh, and I declined my GT3 .2 offer.
Yep. I see myself going down this same path. It's sad. Especially when I'm surrounded by Porsche HQ (Atlanta) and I've been very involved in the brand and promoting it to so many other track guys. If I switch to McLaren, I will bring several others.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

This is so pathetic!
Old 04-08-2017, 11:36 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Sam

They will come around if they are smart. Can't believe all these dealers loosing their good customers for small profit. Patience.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:42 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Porsche will flood the market with new .2 gt3's. They make sooo much money on each car, they can't help themselves. I predict you will see Gt3's on the the dealer lots collecting dust as they beg you to buy one. Paying three months of flooring on the these cars will cure the 25K adjustment syndrome.....
Old 04-09-2017, 12:06 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

This is what pisses me off the most, a dealer being greedy with a good long-term customer who has bought and sold many cars with that same dealer. Unreal...
Old 04-09-2017, 12:19 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So with these kind of actions, do these dealers really know something we just don't want to believe...Porsche will not make that many .2's?
Old 04-09-2017, 12:25 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Parkplace? If that is the dealer that makes it a second time its been posted that they are getting away from their MSRP stance.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:02 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Parkplace? If that is the dealer that makes it a second time its been posted that they are getting away from their MSRP stance.
Nobody told me. Where's the first post you referenced?
Old 04-09-2017, 01:04 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Right move. I hope you enjoy the Mac.

Quick Reply: I want to stay with the P car, but...