Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the manual have auto-rev matching?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:14 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Does the manual have auto-rev matching?

Anyone heard if this will be available? I don't remember AP mentioning it in the video.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Yes!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Of course! But it only works when the Sport button is depressed and that's the beauty about Porsche : CHOICE but SIMPLE. You pick and you don't have to be a brain surgeon to find that menu in your Idrive and program it to your M button.
Just push hard on the accelerator,get progressive on the brake,push the clutch,**** the rifle and do the dance BANG! Instant orgasm!...when you get it right.
Push Sport and the car will do it perfectly for you...if you're on the track and " you're concentrating on your line " to quote some of the astute racers on here that prefer pdk.
Best of both worlds,you can't go wrong! That's VALUE right there!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:47 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

So if the computer is Rev matching and helping you shift, why not get the PDK and stop pulling the lever. Part of the thrill of the manual is heel/toe and driver involvement!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:50 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
So if the computer is Rev matching and helping you shift, why not get the PDK and stop pulling the lever. Part of the thrill of the manual is heel/toe and driver involvement!
+1
Old 03-20-2017, 04:57 PM
robmypro
Race Director

I guess it is nice to have that option while you learn to heel and toe. Sort of helps you get that blip down. Besides, heel and toe doing 200 mph on the Autobahn is hard, right Nick?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:04 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by robmypro
Besides, heel and toe doing 200 mph on the Autobahn is hard, right Nick?
It's a bit like tying your shoe laces with one hand when you have 2 available : you can do it,but why would you?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't heel/toe when driving on the street. I have to be HARD on the brakes (like full on hard) to be able to do it properly. When I downshift on the street, I brake, then get off the brake and blip the throttle before shifting. No matter how hard I've tried, if I attempt heel/toe while braking lightly, I always press too hard on the brake which makes for a jerky ride. It would be cool to have the car do that for me.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PbPedis
I can't heel/toe when driving on the street. I have to be HARD on the brakes (like full on hard) to be able to do it properly. When I downshift on the street, I brake, then get off the brake and blip the throttle before shifting. No matter how hard I've tried, if I attempt heel/toe while braking lightly, I always press too hard on the brake which makes for a jerky ride. It would be cool to have the car do that for me.
I had the same issue on my 7.2 gt3, rennline pedal with adjustable lifter plate (link) helped tremendously. PCCB being grabby when cold still makes it not as smooth as I wish.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PbPedis
It takes time and practice like with everything else : skiing,snowboarding,soccer,basketball,golf,sex( ).
I do it as much as possible,even when driving normally on the street. You do need to pick up a bit of speed of course,like 40-50 MPH in order to be able to do it and for it to make sense. But in reality,it's not needed. Even if you're driving a bit spiritedly on winding roads,it's not mandatory...you won't unbalance the chassis enough to matter. But it sure is satisfying!
When you drive very spiritedly and on the track,you pretty much HAVE to do it for smooth transitions.
Keep practicing and you will get it eventually. At that point you will LOVE IT!
One trick : the shoes. You want driving shoes,they make all the difference. Don't try and do it wearing Timberlands with steel toe,it won't work.
Another tip : gas pedal extender. Porsche pedals have great locations for heel/toe,but the extender helps quite a bit.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:02 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by neanicu
It takes time and practice like with everything else : skiing,snowboarding,soccer,basketball,golf,sex( ).
Sex takes time and practice? It is always a happy ending for me!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:04 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by robmypro
Sex takes time and practice? It is always a happy ending for me!
I'm sure for you! What about the wife? Have you asked her?
The following users liked this post:
Gatte (10-08-2019)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:15 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Lol
Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

What I like about manual vs PDK other than the obvious........

PDK normal mode, shift manually at any revs but it will go to auto if no shift - crap
PDK sport, revs stay over 4500 rpm. Can be annoying in city driving or cruising, great on the track.

Manual, sport or no sport, can leave in any gear and any rev for as long or short time as I choose. Great for cruising or city driving. Love it on the track.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

So cannot use sport mode sharper/throttle response and do your own heel/toe? They should just have a separate button to blip or not to blip.

Quick Reply: Does the manual have auto-rev matching?