Sponsored by:

Will the 991.2 GT3 be a $300K car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 05:56 PM
HGM 10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
I think it will surprise you. "I'm selling my voodoo blue RS and getting a manual GT3" Kyrocks
hey im doing the same, cheers, im selling my LO, and enjoy the mark up... enjoy
Old 03-08-2017, 06:12 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I've got a feeling that while GT3 premiums will surprise us, the gt4RS premiums are going to set records as that car will be limited and completely outsized performance-wise.

The RS LOOK in a cayman mid engine package will send desire & consequently wallets flying
If they make the gt4rs and it looks like that with a 450hp 4.0l engine it will hard not to buy.

Have a feeling all the old traditions in Stuttgart are out of the window.
Mid engine rsr is basically a cayman.
991.2gt3 that is taking no prisoners. Porsche is trying to sell as many cars as possible and will throw a bone every now and then with limited edition stuff.
Gt3/gt3rs/gt4/gt4rs will be cash cows, not low production cars.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:19 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

I was told flat out that the GT4RS is coming with a 4.0 (to be announced this year) as was a .2GT3RS (next year, no details on engine). I was shocked about the GT4, still will have to see it to believe it and no idea on state of tune. Sounds like an extremely low production car, not a lot of hope if not a 918 guy here in the US but who knows. Add in a GT2RS later this year and should be loads of GT cars to keep us entertained, not to mention any other "specials" that may show up that others have mentioned. Exciting times to be a car nut!

Last edited by signes; 03-08-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a feeling that while GT3 premiums will surprise us, the gt4RS premiums are going to set records as that car will be limited and completely outsized performance-wise.

The RS LOOK in a cayman mid engine package will send desire & consequently wallets flying
This will be nuts, if they make it like this.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:56 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,244 Likes on 610 Posts

I just can't wait to get some lifelong customers
Old 03-08-2017, 09:58 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,244 Likes on 610 Posts

GT3 for sale. Baby approved.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:59 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

crazy like nobodyelse
Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I just can't wait to get some lifelong customers
All of us here on Rennlist are pushing for you. Nice to have an enthusiast running a Porsche dealership, not a corporation or some really old dude.........
Old 03-08-2017, 10:06 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
If they make the gt4rs and it looks like that with a 450hp 4.0l engine it will hard not to buy.

Have a feeling all the old traditions in Stuttgart are out of the window.
Mid engine rsr is basically a cayman.
991.2gt3 that is taking no prisoners. Porsche is trying to sell as many cars as possible and will throw a bone every now and then with limited edition stuff.
Gt3/gt3rs/gt4/gt4rs will be cash cows, not low production cars.
luckily there will be such a flood of GT cars in any kind of sauce
that will make the typical US habit of overmsrp premium
hyper inflation the most stupid thing to do

cars need to be driven not collected for resale

just look what's just started for .1 RS
Old 03-08-2017, 11:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Now way they will put a 4.0 in a Cayman. Not happening. A 3.8 detuned and with a lower rev limit or solids to go to 9000. But not a 4.0L.

Doesn't look likely there will be a 991.2GT3RS. No time. They have alot on their plate. .2GT3, .2GT2RS and new GT4 or GT4RS. 992 is debuting in 2018.
Originally Posted by Drifting
On the fence whether .2 RS will happen but agree that they will not put a 4.0L engine in either the GT4 or GT4RS.
Originally Posted by signes
I was told flat out that the GT4RS is coming with a 4.0 (to be announced this year) as was a .2GT3RS (next year, no details on engine). I was shocked about the GT4, still will have to see it to believe it and no idea on state of tune. Sounds like an extremely low production car, not a lot of hope if not a 918 guy here in the US but who knows. Add in a GT2RS later this year and should be loads of GT cars to keep us entertained, not to mention any other "specials" that may show up that others have mentioned. Exciting times to be a car nut!
I was also told flat out, and this weekend at Amelia I have lunch booked with someone with PCNA who might tell. If he tells, I'm telling here. If he tells but tells me not to tell... ill make smoke signals in the form of a 911R dash showing precisely 60mph, right here on this thread. . If he doesn't tell BC he knows I'll tell, I'll make **** up just to impress people. Either way, I'm going to confirm the 4.0 in gt4RS right now BC I heard it from my cleaning lady and damn it if she's quiet most the time, but when she talks she tells me the truth.

Also... this new 4.0 is going in multiple cars coming up in different states of tune.. and that cat has been let out of the bag already by AP.

-"we watched in screaming on the bench and make 608hp, so we know we have a lot of room"

they developed this engine for GT3/GT3RS/gt4RS and maybe others.

and in the words of my bestest friend in the world, the infamous FXZ himself... (all together now)....

CONFIRMED!

Boarding flight to atl.. Amelia here we come. Goodnight all.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:58 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also told flat out, and this weekend at Amelia I have lunch booked with someone with PCNA who might tell. If he tells, I'm telling here. If he tells but tells me not to tell... ill make smoke signals in the form of a 911R dash showing precisely 60mph, right here on this thread. . If he doesn't tell BC he knows I'll tell, I'll make **** up just to impress people. Either way, I'm going to confirm the 4.0 in gt4RS right now BC I heard it from my cleaning lady and damn it if she's quiet most the time, but when she talks she tells me the truth.

Also... this new 4.0 is going in multiple cars coming up in different states of tune.. and that cat has been let out of the bag already by AP.

-"we watched in screaming on the bench and make 608hp, so we know we have a lot of room"

and in the words of my bestest friend in the world, the infamous FXZ himself... (all together now)....

CONFIRMED!

lol tinfoil hat on. have a safe flight brother.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:05 AM
fxz
Race Car

CONFIRMED!

Have you seen that
Geneva '17 GT3 engine is nothing but Paris '16 GT3 cup one
and that RSR is still NA right?

2 out of 3 not bad
hope you have the same score

sleep well my bestest friend
Old 03-09-2017, 12:11 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

CONFIRMED!

Looking forward to hearing your updates. Most interested in power output and production volumes. Have fun in the R.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:12 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alex, enjoy your time in Amelia, be good and safe trip.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:57 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Please ignore, I'm just testing my smoke signal skills in preparation
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Will the 991.2 GT3 be a $300K car?