Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 02:03 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

In my opinion you are actually not worthy to own such a great car as a 991rs.
Should go to true enthusiasts.

Good night! 💤
Old 04-29-2017, 02:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Can we get back to discussing the 991.2 GT3??

Take the drama elsewhere.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:12 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Agree. Back on topic. There are many changes to the 991.2 outside the obvious one, the engine. The rear wing sits further back, and is taller. There are some suspension tweaks as well. My guess is that it is at least a second faster per minute of lap time than the 991.1 on equal tires.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:23 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG

Yep

Having owned both .1GT3 and .1GT3RS I'm stoked for the .2 owners.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

The taller wing should definitely be better for rear window vision.

Porsche always makes the "next one" just enough better than the last one to get everyone excited.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:43 PM
BCMgunner
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a wingless GT3 .2 spotted:
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/28/s...-without-wing/

Let the games begin.[/QUOTE]

Car has 918 bucket seats (not foldable variant) which leads me to believe no back seats. Which leads me to believe this is an "R" successor and not a "GT3 Touring package".

All speculation of course!
Old 04-29-2017, 02:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,454 Likes on 758 Posts

They certainly did a bunch of tweaks which so far I like except will take some time to get used to those rear deck scoops. I think the game changer here is the new engine. That is really where my focus will be as more reviews ectopic come out. Also, time will tell about its durability but that is also why pushing for a later allocation which has been granted
Old 04-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
They certainly did a bunch of tweaks which so far I like except will take some time to get used to those rear deck scoops. I think the game changer here is the new engine. That is really where my focus will be as more reviews ectopic come out. Also, time will tell about its durability but that is also why pushing for a later allocation which has been granted
agree it will take time to get used to the rear deck scoops. I'm going to paint mine body color, along with the wing endplate and lower part of the mirrors. That will help me adapt to the other cosmetic changes of the .2

Also agree that time will tell about its durability. This is one reason I'm getting a second year car, as I learned my lesson about getting an early new car last time as I was 3 days away from flying to Germany for ED of my 2014 GT3, when the stop sale came down.

I'd rather avoid any drama with ADM and allocations, and any early engine issues, by going for a second year GT3 (MY 2019) this time around.

Last edited by Drifting; 04-29-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:24 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drifting

Also agree that time will tell about its durability. This is one reason I'm getting a second year car, as I learned my lesson about getting an early new car last time as I was 3 days away from flying to Germany for ED of my 2014 GT3, when the stop sale came down. I'd rather avoid any drama with ADM and allocations, and any early engine issues, by going for a second year GT3 (MY 2019) this time around.
Agree second year car is probably safer.

However, I'm looking forward to owners getting their .2's and get some real reviews.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:36 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
R owners should have seen this coming. There was nothing substantively special about the R that shouldn't have been expected to find its way into subsequent models like the .2 GT3. It was mainly a blend of the .1 GT3 and RS with some tweaking to tuning. Too many people were fooled by stripes, and somehow lack of a wing was sold as a positive. Nice car at MSRP, but the big markups were obvious reflections of a bubble. I don't even blame Porsche for it - they didn't really oversell the car, it's the market that went crazy.
I think the only people worried about R values, were those who couldn't get an allocation for an R. I know quite a few R owners, and.. frankly.. they don't give a ****. There is a lot of assumption which goes just by the very nature of the forum.. but sometimes it gets to a point of fantasy speculation.

-porsche doesn't worry about previous car values.
-porsche never sold the R as anything more than what it was.. a fantastic combination of special parts which came together to create a unique vehicle.
-R owners aren't concerned about values... those making payments on a gt4 worry about values.

i'm going to create an Chrome browser extension which identifies when a conversation relates to values on this forum and then deletes for the user who downloads the extension. I'll offer it for free to Rennlist members. Then rennlist will not feel like a ferrari forum anymore, and will go back to being about driving.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:48 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I think the only people worried about R values, were those who couldn't get an allocation for an R. I know quite a few R owners, and.. frankly.. they don't give a ****. There is a lot of assumption which goes just by the very nature of the forum.. but sometimes it gets to a point of fantasy speculation.

-porsche never sold the R as anything more than what it was.. a fantastic combination of special parts which came together to create a unique vehicle.
-R owners aren't concerned about values... those making payments on a gt4 worry about values.

i'm going to create an Chrome browser extension which identifies when a conversation relates to values on this forum and then deletes for the user who downloads the extension. I'll offer it for free to Rennlist members. Then rennlist will not feel like a ferrari forum anymore, and will go back to being about driving.
That would delete half of the posts right now. It's largely domain to the GT boards... Lots of (often subtle) posts that are designed boost the perception one car vs. another, or hammer one car vs. another. In most cases you can guess which car people have their own money parked in based on their posts. Manifold's post seemed more like just a general market observation though, so I'm certainly not putting his post in that category.

It's like the market value element has become so important with these cars that the enthusiast element sometimes takes a back seat. Pretty sad.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:00 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

Remember when the speculators just about took the collector market in the tank in the '80-90s. Cars became investments in lieu of stocks and the real car guys got pushed out of the market. L88/L89 Vetts and real Shelby 427 Cobras climbed to $1M +.
Once the GT3 and the RS hit the road a lot of this discussion will calm down maybe. I do believe once the Car Mag articles hit the publishers with the GT3 on the front cover this may/will start these conversations all over again.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:04 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,312 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
That would delete half of the posts right now. It's largely domain to the GT boards... Lots of (often subtle) posts that are designed boost the perception one car vs. another, or hammer one car vs. another. In most cases you can guess which car people have their own money parked in based on their posts. Manifold's post seemed more like just a general market observation though, so I'm certainly not putting his post in that category.

It's like the market value element has become so important with these cars that the enthusiast element sometimes takes a back seat. Pretty sad.
For context, I was responding to this post: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14145633
Old 04-29-2017, 05:11 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks. If we, as a community, stopped responding to these nonsensical posts, the trolls would go away.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it*

* George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-29-2017, 07:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,994 Likes on 2,276 Posts

Agreed for the most part, but there are 918 owner flippers who do think about the value as they want to maximize their profit.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*