Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferrari could be in MAJOR trouble if true!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 11:29 PM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
^^^Goes down as one of the best!!!
+007
Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Maybe her mileage got "rolled back". Plenty of plastic surgeons in Palm Beach
Old 02-27-2017, 11:33 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I imagine additional details will emerge that may vindicate the former employee or Ferrari---some have mentioned that there is no way anyone at Ferrari Headquarters could have known about such an illegal activity....really? Would everyone at Ferrari HQ know of such activities? of course not...but a few people certainly could have commmitted a felony----

Cmon---We are talking car dealers and manufacturers---people trained to lie and deceive for a living---Ford, Audi, VW, GM have covered up deaths in product liablity cases and someone thinks Ferrari is not capable of commiting a felony like odometer rollback...I wiil be suprised it if isn't true....VW Dieselgate??
Corporations and people have been commiting crimes for many years----So a good customer wants to sell his La Ferrari to buy another Ferrari---gee cannot imagine where the ethics line might be crossed....

Last edited by CDH911C2S; 02-28-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:56 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

It's hard to know what's true these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it was but who knows. I remember reading an older article from Chris Harris talking about how they handle their cars for testing, very controlling, even with customer cars. It's not crazy for me to believe they could do something like this, but who knows.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:03 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Carfax and service records would give it away.
Carfax can be worthless in some cases, you know that.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:42 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hilarious that with not one published shred of evidence, and with only accusations and second hand stories some consider all accusations leaning towards true? Is it plausible that mileage was altered? Certainly at dealership level but it's an entirely different ballgame to assume Ferrari had a official position that it was ok for customers to pay "under the table cash" to rollback odometers and altering true mileage readings was "green lighted" by factory.....ha ha ha ha. It's getting great...continue along, reading this is more entertaining than waiting for original case to play out.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:17 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

If dieselgate was possible, with massive govt-deceiving fraud on a scale spanning the biggest manufacturer in the world, stretching across countries for 6+ years.. then Ferrari is definitely capable of doing a small favor for a few customers. Someone said on this thread "where there is smoke, there is fire"... I'm not kidding about shorting RACE stock (that's Ferrari stock in case that's confusing)... this is not ending quickly or quietly.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:20 AM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bud Root

I personally know Bud and I have to say he is one of the most honest guys you will meet.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:19 AM
shneapfla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
One of the comments on the Jalopnik article mentions this was originally developed because new owners were pissed off getting cars with "delivery miles". It was only supposed to be used from the factory before delivery, but of course when people start throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars around then boundaries get stretched and here we go.
My brother worked in a VW-dealership and, at least in the 90's, they could set the odometer back to 0 from a maximum of 60 mls for iirc 5 times max.

So it was only possible if the odometer read less than 60 miles in total - no resetting after that.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If dieselgate was possible, with massive govt-deceiving fraud on a scale spanning the biggest manufacturer in the world, stretching across countries for 6+ years.. then Ferrari is definitely capable of doing a small favor for a few customers. Someone said on this thread "where there is smoke, there is fire"... I'm not kidding about shorting RACE stock (that's Ferrari stock in case that's confusing)... this is not ending quickly or quietly.
QFT x 1000
Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you personally shorting the stock? There is zero incentive for Ferrari N.V. to get anywhere near anything like this. None. This is anecdotal from my own experience but I had my 288 GTO sent though the Classiche program to get the "red book" to verify authenticity and originality of components. Takes 6 months with dealer sending a 100 + photos to Maranello for verification. We went back and forth for a month arguing over the proper zinc & cadmium plating color of some suspension and other components, which I had re-plated and the factory was disputing. Much better stocks to short than a little Italian car company, who chooses who may and who may not purchase the newest spaghetti metal. Pick a retailer or something. Now did something shady happen at the dealer level? That's worth exploring. Bud Root? Highly respected and well liked guy in the Ferrari world.

Last edited by Leica 993; 02-28-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:46 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

This hits the nail squarely on the head. Will see how this unfolds.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Even in the worst case scenario for Ferrari, it wouldn't be anything like the size of dieselgate from a financial perspective as a percent of market cap. Shorting on this news would be a bit of a risk, particularly given the momentum in that stock. Can't imagine you'd see anywhere near the drop you saw in VW AG, but who knows. My guess is this blows over for the most part, but I wouldn't be opposed to the company tanking and 488s being sold for under $250k...
Old 02-28-2017, 01:20 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
Well she is wearing what appears to be a Penthouse Pet Key on a necklace?
That key looks a bit large for a PPK. Maybe it's the Outhouse Pet Key.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 270 Posts

Quick Reply: Ferrari could be in MAJOR trouble if true!!