Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 04:53 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
^ Don't hold your breath...modern-era Lamborghini doesn't do 'high-performance' 2WD versions.
Very true. I attended the private viewing and asked about rwd only. Got the answer that awd is long standing Lambo policy, and you can get a rwd lambo i.e. 580-2 but the fastest car will be awd.

Btw the engine is a copper color instead of black. Price $300k.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes sorry 4WD.

center lock wheels
Old 02-02-2017, 05:03 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Also went to this private viewing. Not much more could be shared than what has been mentioned already. But the active aero dynamics on the rear wing is quite cool, it works like an f-duct like the F1 cars of 2009. Albeit, activated by a very small electric actuator. No moving parts on the rear wing. Nothing complex about it. Very light system.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

If it costs less than $500K that will be impressive.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:10 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

from auto motor und sport:

With the new record holder in Imola

The Lamborghini Huracán-performance, the new record at the Nordschleife. The lap time presented Lamborghini only in Geneva. But we tell now how it goes.

And how quickly he was exactly? The broad smile of Lamborghini -Entwicklungschef Maurizio Reggiani is accompanied by a stubborn silence - no chance of Lambo team the new record time on the Nordschleife to elicit. "Several seconds" is the Lamborghini Huracán -performance have been faster than the Porsche 918 Spyder. With a lap time of 6:57 minutes of this is currently still the reigning champion of the street-legal production cars. Lamborghini announced the new record time until the official premiere of-performance at the Geneva Motor Show in March. Are we allowed but already.

Formula 1 flair of bygone heroes days resonates today, as the Boxentor opens rattling. Even if the main stand is not as once filled with thousands Tifosi, there frenetic celebratory mood as before the Grand Prix of San Marino - one of the last high-speed naturally aspirated V10 goodness. We do not hit the Nürburgring-heir in waiting today on the Nordschleife , but on a different circuit Legend: Welcome to the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Imola, Italy.

The V10 in Performante massaging the eardrum
"The bronze valve cover always remind me of the Diablo", development Boss Reggiani says, smiling, as he lifts the rear cover with plastic washer. The V10 massaged while at idle eardrums nearly as emotional as other athletes at full load. Similar to the exact Nordschleife time Lamborghini plans to release the power rating only at the official presentation. "To the 640 horsepower and 40 Newton meters more torque" to the ten-cylinder vacuum cleaner with 5.2 liters of displacement , according afford-performance version Reggiani. During the intake system including air filters almost unchanged comes from the Huracán-racing version of the Lamborghini brand trophy race series Super Trofeo, the boosted position of the exhaust tailpipes of the GT3 racing car of Huracán has been derived.

"The new exhaust system has a lower backpressure and also weighs ten kilos less than the normal Huracán" reveals the development chief. Overall Huracán-performance is around 40 kilos less than the known base model (dry weight: 1422 kg) weigh. With a full tank of normal Huracán weighed 1,564 kilos in Super Test.

Gallardo -Vorgänger? "The Huracán-performance is not just lighter and stronger, but reached a new level of performance," said Maurizio Reggiani the renaming. For significantly improved lateral dynamics to be responsible, among other things an innovative new aerodynamic concept. Visibly elated explains Head of Development the active aerodynamics system called ALA (ALA: Italian "the wing" and Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva).

The ALA-system consists of two driven via an electric motor valves in the front splitter and a two-part air flow through (!) The rear wing. About two louvers in the rear lid, the air clears it through channels off in the rear wing, which houses two air chambers. On the underside of the airfoil, the air then passes back out through a narrow slot. Similar to the front apron and the airflow in the two air chambers of the rear wing by two operated by electric motors flap is controlled differently.

Lamborghini Huracán-performance with sophisticated aerodynamics
"The ALA system reacts instantly within two tenths of a second," explains Antonio Torluccio, chief aerodynamics at Lamborghini. The active aerodynamics work, whichever is selected driving program and which longitudinal and transverse forces applied differently. Similar to the normal Huracán are also in the High-performance version with the modes Strada, Sport and Corsa three different driving modes to choose from.

And how does the active aerodynamics exactly? With activated system ( "ALA on"), the flaps open in the front splitter and the rear two air ducts, which flow onto the air chambers in the rear wing. Drag and downforce are characterized, for example, for optimum acceleration values, reduced. are to achieve maximum downforce aero flaps front and rear closed ( "ALA off").

A special feature of the ALA system to which the Lamborghini developers are particularly proud hides behind the term Aero vectoring. In Corsa mode, the output at the rear is a bigger spread on the inner curve side in curves. For closing the valve before the air ducts to the rear wing on the inside curve, while remaining open to the outside of the curve side. Through this clever aerodynamics and the different degrees perfused rear wing creates a yaw moment which is to push the car stable into the corners. Now it is also clear why the rear wing has two separate air chambers. The Aero-vectoring function works exclusively in Corsa mode and between 70 and 310 km / h running.

Aventador reminds Superveloce. While the bright orange paint is outside plastered nor Tarnfolie, developing prototype makes the interior has a production-ready impression. The carbon bucket seats are well known to the stitched-performance logos, already from the option program for the normal Huracán. The center console with gear shift lever and start button is similar to the basic model.

In Huracán-performance of the pilot changes gears of the seven-speed dual clutch transmission over fixed shift paddles behind the steering wheel. Third, fourth, fifth, sixth gear, with almost 270 things you go through the "Variante Bassa", the high-speed start-finish of Imola. The V10 turns beastly. If the ten-cylinder now really only about 30 hp more than the normal Huracán? Braking, to the left-right-left combination "variant Tamburello". Honestly, on the first Imola Round of life are the thoughts the youth idol Ayrton Senna as the new Huracán in the Tamburello curve more. Heroes never go completely. Senna had the precision of sharpest Lambo certainly fallen. Passing the memory flags at ropefence, now applies all the concentration Huracán-performance.

Even under braking for the next corner Combi "variant Villeneuve" there is a big compliment. Lamborghini has revised the ABS fundamentally. Unlike the normal Huracán, who attracted attention in Super Test with gruff ABS intervention, the High-performance convinces with homogenous control interventions. The braking points can now be set much later without the Huracán as before starts to slide in ABS gross motor on the front axle.

In the stern sits a sophisticated aerodynamics, which should make the High-performance faster than the 918 Spyder - on the Nordschleife at least.

In addition to the newly tuned ABS-performance of the newly developed Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires contributes with better grip level. For the record drive on the Nordschleife Lamborghini used the option tire Trofeo R. turning into the close Tosa curve. The Performante lunges neutral around the corner when his little Huracán-brother, who always had a tendency to slight understeer. In addition to the designed chassis overall significantly stiffer, the engineers revised the coordination of all-wheel drive.

We want the Super Test!
"There have been repeated complaints about the steering," says development chief Reggiani. While the steering angle of the electromechanical steering in normal Huracán not only in Strada- and sport mode, but also in the Corsa program speed-dependent changes, it remains almost the same when the High-performance Corsa mode in all speed ranges. Result: a good predictable at the limit steering with direct and above all honest feedback.

And the aerodynamics? The acts especially noticeable on the top front of the left turn "pirate Ella". During normal Huracán in the unloaded driving condition, as in the Super Test on the Nordschleife, on ridges and bumps was noticeably nervous, the Performante now remains extremely stable. The ultra-fast downhill sections of Imola, in front of the legendary curve passages "Acque Minerali" and "Rivazza" masters of Huracán-performance with an unexcited drivability in the border area.

Fortunately the Lambo fans now really need to know two things: the record time of-performance on the Nordschleife and a test car for the Super Test. Point 1 is in Geneva, point 2 is the latest in the autumn.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:12 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Video
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/v...-11661578.html
Old 02-02-2017, 05:41 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Going to a showing next week - anyone else here going.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 26 Posts

This car is real enticing and a performance bargain at 300K if anything that expensive can be called a bargain. Plus, probably the only option that you might pay for is a special color and front lift. It will probably come with everything else standard.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
This car is real enticing and a performance bargain at 300K if anything that expensive can be called a bargain. Plus, probably the only option that you might pay for is a special color and front lift. It will probably come with everything else standard.
It will come with a lot of standard features and lots of no cost options.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:50 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jon70
Options on my SV Roadster around 50k guys spent 100k over. Added Lambo race exhaust another 12k.

They have a custom group called Ad Personam out of range paint is around 30k. .
Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

An info dump compilation from LP, made up of stuff we already know and a bit we don't:
640 HP, no more, but it's an extreme car, focused just on destroying lap time record on an handling track and on top performances.

Both of the early reviews released are useless. Could've been written by someone who just went to the preview , with lots of information and did not actually drive the car. Zero insight as to how the car handles. 5 words on the SPORT mode in ANIMA which is a 'drift mode setting'!? These are very crucial and important things to describe when testdriving a car! A short comparison to the king of driving and driftable cars (458 Speciale) would've been great. Shocking and disappointing reviews by so called "professionals".

Front bumper has several layers, a tiny bit messy but it's effect for the new aerodynamics. Front-on view is VERY aggressive!! Monster. Low, wide, flat. Reminds me of Murci SV, actually come to think of it.

Not a two-tone colour, which some mock-ups seems to have. Nor was it mentioned as an option, although with ad personam sure you can get anything.

Rear Diffusor is serious business, the high exhaust pipes (like on 430 Scuderia, in terms of positioning) look like cannons! AWESOME!

Side view, as many spy pics are, looks fantastic as well. Exactly how a big boy Lamborghini should look.

Wing, as you can actually see in the spy pics, is very steep. I was surprised how steep it is angled. I think the wing looks fantastic. Works very well in the design , and is very trick, pretty much what has been explained in those early driving review articles.

The rear engine clamshell drops in quiet deep (close to engine), which I'm certain is for the air-flow for that trick wing.

It is a beast. 640hp. Cold start and idle, it sounded DEVILISHLY ANGRY!! Those poor Turbo cars sound like a Prius in comparison.

SPORT mode, was dubbed a drift fun mode, yet no quote on actual power distribution 'limits' between front and rear driven axles. CORSA => full attack mode, where electric steering will be totally linear, NOT variable. I would still get it without the electric steering.

If I had to describe the car in three words they would be purposeful refined aggression.

The car doesn't look drastically different from the standard Huracan (expect lots of initial bitching LOL) the changes are subtle, neat and refined but the subtle changes make it look phenomenal to me, it's not Aventador SV crazy looking, it has it's own unique identity, it's a grown up Huracan ready to kick some serious ***!

The car we viewed was presented in green, one of my least favorite colors, had it been painted in a color which I like I probably would've stolen the keys and try to drive away in it LOL

As I said it looks purposeful, ready to pounce, looks fast just standing still and at the same time not over the top.

The rear end looks sensational to me, I love it, the whole rear diffuser, the wing, the rear decklid, the vents in the lid, the details are incredible, I wish it wasn't reverse parked that close to a wall, I wanted to see it from the distance, I bet it will look even better.

On a separate note I will take back whatever I said about the carbon fibre plywood, I am sure some will still hate it as I used to but for some reason whatever they've done with it just works, the way they combined it with the black plastic and painted surfaces it just looks fantastic.

The interior is so good, all plastic gone and lots of carbon and alcantara everywhere, I love the sports carbon seats, I wish they used the compressed carbon fiber for them rather than the standard carbon it would've matched the rest of the interior carbon better but that's just nitpicking, the infotainment/dash display will be a hit with everyone, the dash display changes according to the driving mode with a very cool display in Corsa, overall a great place to be in.

They talked a lot about the tech which went into this car, I won't get into it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I can say is WOW, this thing will be a weapon and I can not wait to drive it.

I hope I said a lot without saying too much for more than one reason, one of them being the respect I have for Lamborghini not trying to interfere with the way they want to present their product to their customers, second I don't want to spoil it for anyone, raise or lower expectations, it's better if everyone waits to experience it for themselves preferably live and behind the wheel, also all my comments are in my opinion only!

All I can say is that you wont look at a Ferrari, McLaren or a Porsche in the same manner you looked at them before if at all and they better watch their backs.

I think Lamborghini wanted a track weapon, hence the name Performante, I personally think they've done a fantastic job and they have a real monster on their hands. I can not wait for the next chapter!

just got back from seeing the car today at 12pm in los angeles. they make you sign some massive NDA, and i know they're on the forums (cause we were talking about it today... so i can't say much. a lot of the speculation on the other thread about active aero, etc are all pretty spot on.

that being said, the car is TRULY special. prior to the Performante, i've always felt like lamborghini's were about lifestyle, flash, and the attention (looks). yes, i know it's a SUPER powerful car, but i've been biased to think that mclaren takes the cake when it comes to technical performance or being a "driver's" car... but this Performante, specially at it's supposed price point, REALLY takes that away from mclaren in my opinion. if someone asked me (prior today's presentation) what would be your #1 favorite driver's car under $400k, i would have said 675LT without really any hesitation. but now, for a pretty significant chunk of change BELOW that mark, i REALLY think the new Huracan Performante is the NEW benchmark when it comes to PERFORMANCE/Driver's car! truly truly special. lambo's R&D team were NOT messing around with this car.

went to see it today as well.. I had a chance to discuss at length one of the senior engineer that made his presentation. Interesting to note he was part of the diablo se30 back in the day... The Performante he says development took 2 years and he was really proud of the results and what they achieved. Given concept of the aero was thought up years before, kudos to the engineers as they are making great strides. Without saying further, there is a visual element shared with the se30. Good car and I would seriously consider this once I have chance to test drive it and compare to normal huracan in the future.ent to the event.. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more: getting to see the car, or getting lots of 1-on-1 time with C-Suite Lambo execs. Great experience.

This car really is a game changer for Lambo, there is so much more work into this car versus other SV/SL type stuff we've seen previously. It seems like they really have the balance right -- finally giving us the driver's car that we've never really had (as best we can tell), without sacrificing much in the way of drivability to do it.

The exhaust on the car sounds wicked. Normally I plan on purchasing an aftermarket exhaust to uncork things but I'm not sure this one needs it.

I have always been turned off by the rear end of the Huracan. This one fixes that issue, and gives your eyes a lot to take in.

As far as seats go... The fixed Sport seats seem pretty good as far as these things go, but having broad shoulders, I found myself a bit pinched up high. I had to round my shoulders to get my upper back to make decent contact with the upper rear of the seat. They felt better than the Gallardo SL seats from what I can remember, but that was many years ago. FYI it's a no-cost option to instead select the power/adjustable seats, but you will lose a little headroom, and you will gain 50 lbs total.
yep what they are saying is they learned a lot from the program and the SV was 1st generation and now this is the 2nd! great time to be part of team lambo!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:16 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Another thing, Lambo claims 640hp for the new car, but they also claimed 610 for the base Huracan, and fabspeed tested theirs at 556 at the wheels. So this could probably take the path similar to porsche and be slightly underrated.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:18 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

One final thing. someone from LT mentioned something about the ring:

No, the total lenght is still the same 20,832 km. The modifications made have addresses the safety like new railguards, FIA approved fences and more room for driver errors. On a lenght of 500m of the "Flugplatz" section the track has been flattened as over the years 5 waves have developed on the surface (at the braking point).

I believe that this particular change let the drivers brake later and heavier as the car will stay more stable. In the last years many drivers lost their car there. This renovation may result in better times but not more than 0.7 sec or so over the whole distance.

Also remember, the days Lambo did their tests also other teams were there including Aston and McLaren and none was that fast like the H. Lambo drove to and over the limits till they crashed the Performante into a railguard.

With the idea of different aerodynamic flows on each side of the car Lambo went another way than others and I'm positive that this can be key on the Ring

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/....ed-111913.html
Old 02-18-2017, 07:28 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Went to the preview - they took my phone signed NDA.

Very cool car and it's fast!

I never thought of owing a Lambo but after the local Ferraril service center closed years later ordered an SV Roadster and the car is awesome. Fit and finish design driving is a blast the attention is the only downside.

Spoke with the guys from Lambo at the preview they asked what else did I own. When mentioning the cars the they wanted to talk about the GT3RS and asked a ton of questions - they believe the GT3RS is one of the best Porsche's ever built and felt Porsche should have added a higher MSRP - agree 100%.

Quick Reply: OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)