McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 04:29 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,128 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
It's a singer proprietary color they call Hemingway blue, It's stunning in any light too, really something special and with the orange interior the car REALLY pops.
Thanks!
Old 01-17-2019, 10:31 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

All beautiful cars there! Wish I was closer and could have been at this event. I finally was able to drive a 570S Spyder and a 720S coupe this last weekend (have owned 996C4 Cab and modded 997.2TTS Cab in the past). Pretty much everything that the owners of these cars post on the web is spot on. I walked away knowing that the 720S was for me. It helps that the 720S Spyder is coming out and I'm seeing some highly optioned resale 2018 720S coupes listed at 20% or more off MSRP.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:56 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Great bit with Clarkson on the McLaren Senna in the new season of Grand Tour!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:24 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Is everyone high here ?. McLaren ? Since when can the Brits build cars ..both friends of mine that had them got rid of them due to reliability issues and stupid high service costs. Good from far far from good ..
Old 01-17-2019, 11:45 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
Is everyone high here ?. McLaren ? Since when can the Brits build cars ..both friends of mine that had them got rid of them due to reliability issues and stupid high service costs. Good from far far from good ..
It's almost like companies can make changes and reliability can be improved on. Apex has 20k km on their 720 with most of that coming on the ring, so they're not all ****boxes as you make it seem. Maybe you're the one who's high?
Old 01-18-2019, 01:28 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
Ah yes, my friends aunts cousins son used to own a Mclaren and sold it.

So so what McLaren did your two friends own? 12c? 650? 720? 570? P1?

Actual owners on this thread have raved about their experience. I personally know of an owner with 16k miles on his 720. Zero issues.

My close friend, owner for about 11 months 720- glacier white with tan interior. Zero issues.

Another close friend with a burton blue 720- 8 month owner- no issues.

Another acquaintance with a 570- had been a Ferrari owner (various cars) for over 30 years. Got a 570 8 months ago- zero issues.

I had an .1 RS. Great car. Sold it. Had a Touring, sold it. Miss them both and will have a Porsche in the garage again In the future. Currently own a 488 for about 2.5 years. 720 owner for about 3+ months- no issues with the Mclaren. My favorite car of all I’ve ever owned and that’s saying a lot as I love the 488.

So I guess the Brits can build cars and actual owners do actually enjoy them and frankly love them.

Stop the hate. More than one company can make great cars. Porsche’s are great as are Ferrari’s as as Mclarens.

When I go out with friends- we all appreciate and admire each of our cars. In my group is a GT3, a classic Targa, Performante, various 720s, an SVJ and a few others.

This childishness of brand x sucks only seems to happen on the internet. In real life, car guys and girls just love cars of all types.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:33 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dmac
All beautiful cars there! Wish I was closer and could have been at this event. I finally was able to drive a 570S Spyder and a 720S coupe this last weekend (have owned 996C4 Cab and modded 997.2TTS Cab in the past). Pretty much everything that the owners of these cars post on the web is spot on. I walked away knowing that the 720S was for me. It helps that the 720S Spyder is coming out and I'm seeing some highly optioned resale 2018 720S coupes listed at 20% or more off MSRP.
there are definitely some great cars available. Contact C.J. and he can source and ship you a car. You won’t regret the experience.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:48 AM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

Actual owners on this thread have raved about their experience. I personally know of an owner with 16k miles on his 720. Zero issues.

My close friend, owner for about 11 months 720- glacier white with tan interior. Zero issues.

Another acquaintance with a 570- had been a Ferrari owner (various cars) for over 30 years. Got a 570 8 months ago- zero issues.

I had an .1 RS. Great car. Sold it. Had a Touring, sold it. Miss them both and will have a Porsche in the garage again In the future. Currently own a 488 for about 2.5 years. 720 owner for about 3+ months- no issues with the Mclaren. My favorite car of all I’ve ever owned and that’s saying a lot as I love the 488.

So I guess the Brits can build cars and actual owners do actually enjoy them and frankly love them.

Stop the hate. More than one company can make great cars. Porsche’s are great as are Ferrari’s as as Mclarens.

When I go out with friends- we all appreciate and admire each of our cars. In my group is a GT3, a classic Targa, Performante, various 720s, an SVJ and a few others.

This childishness of brand x sucks only seems to happen on the internet. In real life, car guys and girls just love cars of all types.
yep well said.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 88 Posts

There are two members who recently sold their 570s and got a GT3 because of reliability issues. So not just hearsay.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Williams engine

Did the 2 blue singers have Ed Pink engines?? I don't see the side window air intakes like the white one.

Yes, both Ed Pink motors
Old 01-18-2019, 02:07 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by konaforever
There are two members who recently sold their 570s and got a GT3 because of reliability issues. So not just hearsay.
In 2015 you had a bunch of GT3 engines burn down.

Go to the Mclaren website and it’s littered with people who sold their Porsche’s to get into a Mclaren.

Go to Ferrari chat and loads of people who sold Mclarens and Porsche’s to get into Ferrari’s.

Go to lambo forum - yada yada yada.

The plural of anecdote is not data. People on this thread are car enthusiasts- most of them owners of multiple brands. They are discussing their enjoyment of the Mclaren brand and the strides the company had made in a few years. This does not mean every car is trouble free and that you won’t have any isisss. The point is there are many many many owners of Mclarens that have no issues and are impressed by the cars.

You don’t see the Mclaren owners on this thread talking about how Porsche sucks. They don’t- Porsche’s are awesome!

i stated my ownership history simply to share my perspective. My self and other Mclaren owners are not one trick ponies. Porsche makes great cars, as does Ferrari, as does lambo as does Mclarens.

True car enthusiasts enjoy multiple brands and enjoy talking about the advantages of each brand as each has its own nuances. High school students with car posters on their walls and anonymous internet posters talk trash about how your car sucks and my car rules.

The following users liked this post:
SmokinV10 (07-23-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 02:14 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In 2015 you had a bunch of GT3 engines burn down.

Go to the Mclaren website and it’s littered with people who sold their Porsche’s to get into a Mclaren.

Go to Ferrari chat and loads of people who sold Mclarens and Porsche’s to get into Ferrari’s.

Go to lambo forum - yada yada yada.

The plural of anecdote is not data. People on this thread are car enthusiasts- most of them owners of multiple brands. They are discussing their enjoyment of the Mclaren brand and the strides the company had made in a few years. This does not mean every car is trouble free and that you won’t have any isisss. The point is there are many many many owners of Mclarens that have no issues and are impressed by the cars.

You don’t see the Mclaren owners on this thread talking about how Porsche sucks. They don’t- Porsche’s are awesome!

i stated my ownership history simply to share my perspective. My self and other Mclaren owners are not one trick ponies. Porsche makes great cars, as does Ferrari, as does lambo as does Mclarens.

True car enthusiasts enjoy multiple brands and enjoy talking about the advantages of each brand as each has its own nuances. High school students with car posters on their walls and anonymous internet posters talk trash about how your car sucks and my car rules.

Very true. A lot of reliability issues are due to scale of production. Mclaren electronics are always going to be sketchy, my 2017 570s had gremlins, because Mclaren does not source their systems from BMW, MB, or VW group, which have huge lineups of vehicles that use lost of similar components that have been market tested.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

data:
clutch pedal switch in my 997.2 GT3 is starting to act up and needs to be replaced
the Macan S is getting water in the rear passenger footwell likely due to clogged drain line from roof.
570 Spyder had oil leak from oil filter area.

edit: forgot that my RS4 had a fuel pump issue.

conclusion:
all cars suck

Old 01-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grendel88
Very true. A lot of reliability issues are due to scale of production. Mclaren electronics are always going to be sketchy, my 2017 570s had gremlins, because Mclaren does not source their systems from BMW, MB, or VW group, which have huge lineups of vehicles that use lost of similar components that have been market tested.
Yup

Originally Posted by Saru385
data:
clutch pedal switch in my 997.2 GT3 is starting to act up and needs to be replaced
the Macan S is getting water in the rear passenger footwell likely due to clogged drain line from roof.
570 Spyder had oil leak from oil filter area.

edit: forgot that my RS4 had a fuel pump issue.

conclusion:
all cars suck

Yup
Old 01-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

Agree. We should be thankful that all these brands exist which provide options for consumers and competition between the car makers.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success