Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS, GT3, GT2, GT3 RS, Mission E - Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

i am not trolling, i have a deposit and want to see it asap, but yesterday i was told its not until later, maybe he is wrong. He did say they have estimated allocations but will not release until later, I truly have no idea, but if its later this year, i may look at a short term purchase for this year.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Remember CAlexio's hierarchy of cleaning ladies. This source is more one of these:

Than one of these:

Jesus thank you, I had written a whole rebuttal to thiis new bit of "info" last night, then just deleted it because of the sheer futility of it all. My "hierarchy" or source classification method, was definitely tongue-in-cheek, but I truly do consider dealers level 4, or level III information at best. I think they are especially dangerous because people tend to add a lot of weight to what dealer say, while most sales people are either uninformed,, or at worst might even be playing games to get customers off their back.

For what it's worth, and definitely the last time I'll make any statements about this,GT3 is 4.0,is being introduced to Geneva... i'm trying to verify this touring option from a 918 VIP customer, whom I consider level 2 information and usually the people who really know what's coming as they get first Dibs. Of course if anyone actually knows AP, thats your level one… good luck with claiming level 1 infomation LOL

Many attendable sources on this forum have already confirmed this, but I guess it just takes one random assertion to throw the whole thing off and start the merry-go-round all over again.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Dougr743
Pro

the reason i believe my dealer in charlotte is the sales guy is a stand up guy, does not want to mislead anyone and i put a deposit on the hope that a manual would appear someday. I put the deposit over a year ago with no intention of getting anything soon, or even if they would make one. I have not had a PCAR in years and just wanted to get something i really want, a keeper, my intention is not to make statements that are inaccurate, but it seems there is a lot of speculation and he does not want anyone to get frustrated. He has not tried to switch me to anything or deter me from getting an allocation when its available, They do not hike msrp, its the Hendrick rule. Hope this helps clear up any poor info
Old 01-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Alright, I'm back off the ledge... Here's hoping Geneva is correct.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

If we can go by GT3RS's timeline last time around, the car will be shown at the show, and first customer cars will be delivered in Europe around June. North America will get theirs a bit later, around August. My own RS was delivered late August and was one of the initial North American batch.

Same deal with the 911R last year, first customer cars got delivered around June to European customers.

Production basically starts around late April.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:24 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 145 Posts

^TY sir!
Old 01-25-2017, 02:31 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
the reason i believe my dealer in charlotte is the sales guy is a stand up guy, does not want to mislead anyone and i put a deposit on the hope that a manual would appear someday. I put the deposit over a year ago with no intention of getting anything soon, or even if they would make one. I have not had a PCAR in years and just wanted to get something i really want, a keeper, my intention is not to make statements that are inaccurate, but it seems there is a lot of speculation and he does not want anyone to get frustrated. He has not tried to switch me to anything or deter me from getting an allocation when its available, They do not hike msrp, its the Hendrick rule. Hope this helps clear up any poor info
Trying not to be critical, but it actually sounds like your sales guy is NOT a "stand up guy." I am not sure why the car industry is magically exempt from being accountable for reliable information. Bad information is worse than no information.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:09 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Not a troll, just a n00b
Old 01-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First UK cars are in July, after Geneva launch.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Spoke to my UK salesperson today. He says GT3 Geneva has not been confirmed to them. And certainly we are way too early for allocations from PAG. We go back a few years and I trust him.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:39 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anybody want to hear what my SA told me the other day?
Ahhh, forget it, no one would believe me anyways.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Trying not to be critical, but it actually sounds like your sales guy is NOT a "stand up guy." I am not sure why the car industry is magically exempt from being accountable for reliable information. Bad information is worse than no information.
I think one of the big issues is that some people's SA's ARE stand up guys. So when the SA says something we believe it's the truth and for all intensive purposes it is in their mind.

However what we all need to remember is that the SA and dealerships for that matter are the LOWEST pieces on Porsche's totem pole, and usually get information last, or sometimes old out-dated information.

Ask anyone at the top of their respective totem pole. You cannot disseminate ALL information to ALL employees at the same time or corporation wouldn't be able to function. There are many different reasons why. It's truely shocking how quickly misinformed or out-dated rumors start to circulate even in small companies, let alone the behemoth that is Porsche.

So yes, I'm sure there are a lot of honest SA and Dealership Owners out there, just remember that they are the very bottom of the information food chain & often either hear distorted information or it is just plain old by the time it gets to them. They are still stand up because they believe it to be true and are not purposely altering it, but the info has a long way to flow before it gets to them.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Dougr743
Pro

lol just a noob, bryanco you can go f@ck yourself, This is car forum, i don't give two ****s who you think your are, i was just giving info that was given to me, from a person who has been up front from the get go. So if you panties are in a bunch because I made a statement that upsets you,get over it, for a forum of mostly "well to do individuals" its shocking to see people act like they do.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:13 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

lol just a noob, bryanco you can go f@ck yourself, This is car forum, i don't give two ****s who you think your are, i was just giving info that was given to me, from a person who has been up front from the get go. So if you panties are in a bunch because I made a statement that upsets you,get over it, for a forum of mostly "well to do individuals" its shocking to see people act like they do.
So first you swear at someone, and then you claim you're "shocked" at someone's innocent joke. The only panties wadded up seem to be yours. Control yourself man, and keep your words civil please.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:18 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS, GT3, GT2, GT3 RS, Mission E - Update