My baby "Barney" was born 11/26/16 😋

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 07:19 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
NO SLEEP LAST NIGHT FOR ME!

OK, so the vessel was at the post yesterday and today shows that it has left, therefore my "Barney" is sitting in a parking lot in Rhode Island! I wonder how long before a carrier comes and picks it up? I know that it needs to clear customs. I live in PA so good chance that RS might be under my Christmas tree!
Nick

my car got to davisville on 11/14, and I took delivery on 11/19 (northern Virginia). I think it will definitely be under the tree.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by trice9
Nick

my car got to davisville on 11/14, and I took delivery on 11/19 (northern Virginia). I think it will definitely be under the tree.
Agree. Mine was ready prob 3 days after it ported.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:03 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
NO SLEEP LAST NIGHT FOR ME!

OK, so the vessel was at the post yesterday and today shows that it has left, therefore my "Barney" is sitting in a parking lot in Rhode Island! I wonder how long before a carrier comes and picks it up? I know that it needs to clear customs. I live in PA so good chance that RS might be under my Christmas tree!
Don't feel too bad Nick, my gt3 was suppose to dock in Halifax but b/c of the winter storm, the port was backed up with too many cars so it remained on the vessel and had to unload in R.I. From there it had to travel through the states, clear customs again, then get transported to Toronto......BUT on the way, the transport truck had mechanical failures on a Friday then had to wait until the following Monday to get repaired, then and finally then did it arrive to my dealer. At least that's the story I was told.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:54 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Don't feel too bad Nick, my gt3 was suppose to dock in Halifax but b/c of the winter storm, the port was backed up with too many cars so it remained on the vessel and had to unload in R.I. From there it had to travel through the states, clear customs again, then get transported to Toronto......BUT on the way, the transport truck had mechanical failures on a Friday then had to wait until the following Monday to get repaired, then and finally then did it arrive to my dealer. At least that's the story I was told.
Oh man!!!

That must have been absolutely brutal!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Nick, for me getting the car from the port to the dealer was singularly the most nail biting time. It required discovering unfamiliar karmic zones for survival!

Yoga, meditation, prayer, counseling, etc...may help. On the other hand, a straight jacket or alcohol, or both are probably your best bet.

Enjoy, I'm happy for you.
LOL.
I never been an anxious person but this has got me a little.

Originally Posted by trice9
Nick

Wow!

Originally Posted by bronson7

Holy crap, yeah to many layers events that I would question some BS going on there. Toy though is home so your good!

GO PHILADELPHIA FLYERS!
Old 12-15-2016, 05:20 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I won't get to see it in person until next week. The factory installed 997.1 scripts by accident. I normally am against prior gen decals, but did come from factory (accident or not) and it does match my 08 RS frog. I plan to leave them initially and make a decision before I install film.
I'm eager to see more pics once you get it out in the sun but from here the prior gen decals appear to work really well on this car. Would love to see some side by sides with the 08.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by greens
I'm eager to see more pics once you get it out in the sun but from here the prior gen decals appear to work really well on this car. Would love to see some side by sides with the 08.
I'll post better pics of the UV this week. Unfortunately, the 08 Frog is in NY while UV probably will stay in Houston until the spring. So, no chance to see them together for a few months. I'll post side-by-sides once the salt is gone and Grimace moves to NY.

Quick Reply: My baby "Barney" was born 11/26/16 😋