Sponsored by:

Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:02 AM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here

I'll create a Google Spreadsheet for us based on poster input. Here's a chance for us to consolidate our dealer 991.2 GT3 dealer position to make sure there's no funny business happening

Enter your location, dealer name, and waitlist position for your 991.2 GT3 order (RS on separate thread):

California, Porsche Fremont, #12
(friend) California, Sonnen, #10
Old 11-09-2016, 04:23 AM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

nvr mind
Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

U.K. Sold out already. Can't get on list
Old 11-09-2016, 10:38 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Sonnen (CA) - Roughly #20.

Last edited by mass27; 11-10-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:11 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Have a locked allocation for a VIP car.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:07 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 31 Posts

# 5 on list dealer likely to get 2 allocations + VIP. i am sure no chance for me but do have hopes for the VIP allocation.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:57 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

It appears the thread is already getting off track as people are not giving the dealership names/location.

I thought the purpose of this was to ensure veracity.

Last edited by mass27; 11-10-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Guys, if we're accurate and honest with each other, we can find out what is really happening out there and get better understanding of car timing. If we need to make this survey anonymous, I'm open to that as well using google sheets or some variation. As mass27 indicated, data veracity is absolutely key.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Deleted
Old 11-09-2016, 03:01 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

It may just be my own paranoia but some of us may feel giving away our # and dealer may expose us to unwanted risk of losing our position - especially since we all know the list changes as time goes by.

Example: I am #1 on my dealer's list but this is because it is a relatively small dealer and I acted months ago. They even said they would sell me at MSRP. This is a best case scenario for someone who has never bought a Porsche nor willing to pay >MSRP.

If I were to give the dealer's name up, who's to say a long-time porsche buyer and/or someone with deep pockets try to work something out with that dealer? I guess it's different if you are high on the list because chance decline the further up you go.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
It may just be my own paranoia but some of us may feel giving away our # and dealer may expose us to unwanted risk of losing our position - especially since we all know the list changes as time goes by.

Example: I am #1 on my dealer's list but this is because it is a relatively small dealer and I acted months ago. They even said they would sell me at MSRP. This is a best case scenario for someone who has never bought a Porsche nor willing to pay >MSRP.

If I were to give the dealer's name up, who's to say a long-time porsche buyer and/or someone with deep pockets try to work something out with that dealer? I guess it's different if you are high on the list because chance decline the further up you go.
Then the dealer runs the chance of having their reputation sullied on this site. What's more important? Knowing you're actually going to get a car or waiting months for nothing?

Dealers have your money and you have documentation on their word. If there are multiple #1s or people in the same position on a list now, we should expose that and hold dealers accountable. it would allow people to then actually pursue other more legitimate dealers.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm just curious - does anyone who is on a "list" at any of these dealers have any kind of binding legal contract for the dealer to provide them with an allocation in a particular order at a particular price?

I suspect not. it's all done based on a relationship and trust. these lists and the pointless deposits (since you can always get your $ back) seem a bit silly to me.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Being #1 on a dealer list does not guarantee I will actually receive the car. But yes, exposing shady dealers and their GT lists may have some impact, albeit very little - they will have no trouble selling those cars even if they had no list. Also, to my knowledge, a customer would have very little recourse for holding a dealer accountable just because they took a deposit, otherwise we would see potential customers taking legal action when their list number gets jacked.

Back on topic, I think showing the data would be fun and interesting. All I am saying is that some of us might be a bit paranoid on exposing too much info. At this point, if there are 2 or 3 #1s at my dealer, I probably wouldn't demand my money back or cause a fuss, I'd just let it play out. Most lists nowadays are full and going somewhere else would be futile.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:45 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brosef
I'm just curious - does anyone who is on a "list" at any of these dealers have any kind of binding legal contract for the dealer to provide them with an allocation in a particular order at a particular price?

I suspect not. it's all done based on a relationship and trust. these lists and the pointless deposits (since you can always get your $ back) seem a bit silly to me.
I only have a receipt for my deposit. I asked about a contract and they said nothing is legally binding until an allocation is assigned to me and also when my deposit becomes non-refundable.

The lists and deposits are a bit silly but you have to play ball to even be in the game. I think the deposit just shows you are serious enough for them to consider.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:28 PM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
Being #1 on a dealer list does not guarantee I will actually receive the car. But yes, exposing shady dealers and their GT lists may have some impact, albeit very little - they will have no trouble selling those cars even if they had no list. Also, to my knowledge, a customer would have very little recourse for holding a dealer accountable just because they took a deposit, otherwise we would see potential customers taking legal action when their list number gets jacked.
/\ This. The numbers and the list mean nothing. Sure I'm on a list too, but for all I know there are 12 VIPs in front of me and the dealer is only getting 6 cars...

This thread is as useful as all the polls before yesterday's election.

Quick Reply: Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here