Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Guys, relax....Porsche will pump out more .2GT3s than they did .1GT3s and RSs. You might not get one in 2017 but you'll end up getting one in 2018.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
I only have a receipt for my deposit. I asked about a contract and they said nothing is legally binding until an allocation is assigned to me and also when my deposit becomes non-refundable.
In many States, such as here in California, it's not even legally binding when you have an allocation and place a deposit. Non-refundable deposits are not legal in many States.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
It may just be my own paranoia but some of us may feel giving away our # and dealer may expose us to unwanted risk of losing our position - especially since we all know the list changes as time goes by.

Example: I am #1 on my dealer's list but this is because it is a relatively small dealer and I acted months ago. They even said they would sell me at MSRP. This is a best case scenario for someone who has never bought a Porsche nor willing to pay >MSRP.

If I were to give the dealer's name up, who's to say a long-time porsche buyer and/or someone with deep pockets try to work something out with that dealer? I guess it's different if you are high on the list because chance decline the further up you go.
Originally Posted by NeoGeo07
/\ This. The numbers and the list mean nothing. Sure I'm on a list too, but for all I know there are 12 VIPs in front of me and the dealer is only getting 6 cars...

This thread is as useful as all the polls before yesterday's election.
That's why you should confirm with the dealers upfront. But hey, if you don't like the list, then stay out of it.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
In many States, such as here in California, it's not even legally binding when you have an allocation and place a deposit. Non-refundable deposits are not legal in many States.
Why does everyone insinuate accountability with legal action on here? Reputation matters on here and on social media sites. There are dealer sponsors on this forum and others. Imagine if people in mass started calling them out for unethical matters similar to the dealer blacklist thread. It's tangible loss of business.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
Why does everyone insinuate accountability with legal action on here? Reputation matters on here and on social media sites. There are dealer sponsors on this forum and others. Imagine if people in mass started calling them out for unethical matters similar to the dealer blacklist thread. It's tangible loss of business.
Errr, because he used the term legally binding, which my comment was directed towards. I made no comment either way concerning accountability, reputation, etc. Merely responding to his comment. Did you actually read the post?
Old 11-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Errr, because he used the term legally binding, which my comment was directed towards. I made no comment either way concerning accountability, reputation, etc. Merely responding to his comment. Did you actually read the post?
I should have multiquoted - wasn't meant to be targeted towards your post alone. Sorry.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:59 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What I would like to know is, how many buyers here, that haven't even put their name on a so called list, let alone a deposit and know for certain that they will get an allocation if they so choose? Have you been there before? I know of a few.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:33 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by mass27; 11-10-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:28 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Everyone will eventually get one if they want one
Care to back that up with evidence and support? You do realize that most of us don't have a "relationship" with their dealer. For most of us it is a lifelong pursuit to own a GT car, therefore, it is not possible to get an allocation in the manner as other people who are friends with the GM, or buy a new Porsche each year, or, or, or, or...
Old 11-10-2016, 03:30 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Everyone will eventually get one if they want one
+1

I've been telling people that for too long. I'm tired now,so I've stopped. It seems that there's always going to be the suspicious,impatient,conspiracy theorist type around here...
Old 11-10-2016, 03:35 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

#3 at one dealer. #10 at another out of state. And a few others without definitive numbers. Only put name at MSRP dealers
Old 11-10-2016, 03:36 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Care to back that up with evidence and support? You do realize that most of us don't have a "relationship" with their dealer. For most of us it is a lifelong pursuit to own a GT car, therefore, it is not possible to get an allocation in the manner as other people who are friends with the GM, or buy a new Porsche each year, or, or, or, or...
What do you want,a notarized form stating as such?! Perhaps it's best to listen to advice from those that have bought multiple GT cars over and over. Unless you're trying to buy in California you'll be fine.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:04 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

How are we talking about "lists" for a car that doesn't even exist yet? Maybe I'm spoiled but I have a fabulous dealer (Hennessy) who gives out allocations based upon 1) Not being an entitled ******* 2) Being loyal to them 3) previous purchases / referrals 4) Other stuff, maybe?

They would look at me like I'm crazy if I walked in there and said I'd like to be put on a list for the GT3. I've never understood this. Build a relationship - when the car becomes an actual car, express your interest to purchase it, and if you've done 1-4 above correctly, you will get an allocation. I would actually not be surprised at all if my sales guy called me and just asked if i was interested in one.

If some dude came into any dealership now with no history and asked to be put on a list, I would not expect them to get a car before that dealers customers who have a long and mutually beneficial partnership. It's just not good business IMO.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:56 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sgroer
How are we talking about "lists" for a car that doesn't even exist yet? Maybe I'm spoiled but I have a fabulous dealer (Hennessy) who gives out allocations based upon 1) Not being an entitled ******* 2) Being loyal to them 3) previous purchases / referrals 4) Other stuff, maybe?

They would look at me like I'm crazy if I walked in there and said I'd like to be put on a list for the GT3. I've never understood this. Build a relationship - when the car becomes an actual car, express your interest to purchase it, and if you've done 1-4 above correctly, you will get an allocation. I would actually not be surprised at all if my sales guy called me and just asked if i was interested in one.

If some dude came into any dealership now with no history and asked to be put on a list, I would not expect them to get a car before that dealers customers who have a long and mutually beneficial partnership. It's just not good business IMO.
If someone uses the phrase "establish a relationship with their dealer" one more time, I will throw up.

Why is it so challenging for some people to understand the below simple, logical, irrefutable points:

1. Some of us can "only" afford 1 car every 10 years
2. You are not "spoiled" by your dealership nor are you "lucky". You make your dealership money. I do not because of point #1.
3. Your salesperson will laugh at you to be put on a list because of point #2.
4. Your salesperson will call you when the new GT is available because of point #2.
5. You do not have a fabulous dealer. See point #2.
6. Your relationship is not "mutually benefiting" to the dealership. In fact it is not a relationship at all. You make the dealership money. See point #2 yet again. It is singularly benefiting. You have justified you are a beneficiary because you are "allowed" to give money in exchange for a product.
7. Being an "*******" to a dealer will rarely prevent a car from being purchased. See point #2 over and over again.

Finally, in a last ditch effort, please give some clarity from someone who actually understands #1, used to be subject to #1, is no longer subject to #1, how anyone will get an allocation?

If the dummy answer is PAG will produce 10 times what they did previously, therefore, #2-#7 do not apply, then I can accept that.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:19 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer

This is a ridiculously short-sighted perspective.

Don't you realize that your dealer is 'fabulous' to you because you are loyal to them and give them a bunch of money? Or are you just trolling?

There are some here that have built a long-lasting relationship with P dealers and have bought many cars from them, I'll call them 'Old Money'. Old Money don't need to be on lists because they either have a 918 or their dealers know them and offer them the newest and best to them first. Old Money fail to realize that there are many people out there that do not have a long-term relationship or buy a bunch of cars from a P dealer, I'll call these people 'New Money'. The only option for New Money (without getting screwed on high markups) is to get on a list and hope for the best or wait for the very end of the production cycle (which no one really cares to do). Hence, this is why lists exist in the first place, to put some order in place for New Money folk.

Take myself for example... I am in my 20s and only owned a few M cars but never a Porsche, let alone a GT car. I do not really have relationships with dealerships. But, I am now financially comfortable enough to buy a GT3 - so what should I do? Should I walk into some fabulous Porsche dealership and ask for a new GT3? No, because they would laugh (have laughed) at me and told me their VIPs get them first. So I emailed around and asked what dealers could potentially get me a GT3 at MSRP and one said I was the first to inquire, so they put me on the list. Now there are 10 people on the list. That's how the New Money do it. Back on your pedestal you go.

Quick Reply: Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here