Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope that I'm first on the list for shipping
I'm waiting on my flat black tips!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Charles and Bronson for the advice on this. I'll pass it on to my tech...
Old 09-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Jamie. Im watching this in anticipation :-).

Im going to write up my road review of the DMS headers on 991 GT3 shortly.

One thing I found interesting. When removing my OEM third muffler from stock headers the dealer found three of the studs (on the side of the muffler box) snapped.

For a few hours there everyone in the workshop was looking for the other 2-3 OEM centre mufflers they had taken off other 991 GT3 (for sharkwerks bypass) over the last 12 months. It looked like I could be in serious trouble as the fabrication shop they sent the muffler to to have repaired as a back up said it was not possible to replace the studs without cutting the muffler box open entirely!

A few hours later three used boxes were found - and guess what? Two of them also had broken studs! The thrid was a basically brand new unit taken off a car with 400 miles. Its the one they installed for me (no charge) but on closer inspection it too had a snapped studs - but the break was heigh enough that it still had all the thread they needed to bolt it on.

Jamie, have you come across this situation with clients? Obviously this is nothing to do with your product. My box was replaced with Sharkwerks at 2000 road miles then reinstalled in Feburay with the G engine and it saw another 4000 miles use including 6 track days - but the other boxes were all form cars that had seen much lower mileage (in one case only 400 miles!) and no track use!

Once the studs snap it seems there is no easy way to repair the box other than cut it open? To me this sounds like a flaw in the product design - essentially Porsche are giving us one use boxes!

The dealer claims they rarely remove the rear box on its own unless they do a bypass, with the engine swaps from PAG they unbolt at the CAT as the new engine comes with new headers and cat. They say its 100% likely removing the box will find snapped studs rendering the old box pretty much useless.

Id appreciate your view (or others) on this as I had not read about it and was not expecting it. Is there something I am missing here?

Luckily in the end I got my DMS installed with a basically brand new box but it was touch and go and the dealer now has 3 failed boxes in reserve (i.e. useless the y can be repaired).

Here is a picture of one of the snapped studs (other side has two snapped studs).

OH MAN....so check this out...went to my dealership to talk about incoming RS and my salesperson told that they had to buy new center muffler for my recently traded in GT3! Seems that when they were removing my side muffler delete they snapped studs on center muffler! Cost them 3500 for new one
Glad I left delete on and did not get stuck with that headache. Oh and btw tech Gaven me back my FVD deletes.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Nick. snap! (No pun intended) .I'll put up my review in the next 24 hrs and mention that too. Very happy with the DMS so far,...
Old 09-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Jamie & Charles. Any chance of a launch special group deal on these when they arrive to generate some interest?
Old 09-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes that is the plan, and those that we've heard from will be first on the list! Should be 10 sets of each flavor in black and Ti moving in the next 4-5 weeks
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 10-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the additional versions. I love the megaphone design.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:33 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

should have the sample of the PVD black coating and the logo location this week, then we release the hounds so to speak.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Jamie, I assume the megaphone version will be the loudest?
Old 10-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jon70
Jamie, I assume the megaphone version will be the loudest?
When we've run them vs the stock tips, they're hard to tell if they're louder (we haven't measured them for dB...) But the sound they produce is "cleaner" than the stock tips, more pure flat 6, hard to describe. Had a set testing at an end of the season track day for us on our P.J.S' 997.1 RS 4.0L build and he didn't mention it being louder than what was on the car previously, but in theory it should be slightly louder...

sorry for the run around answer...
Old 10-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
When we've run them vs the stock tips, they're hard to tell if they're louder (we haven't measured them for dB...) But the sound they produce is "cleaner" than the stock tips, more pure flat 6, hard to describe. Had a set testing at an end of the season track day for us on our P.J.S' 997.1 RS 4.0L build and he didn't mention it being louder than what was on the car previously, but in theory it should be slightly louder...

sorry for the run around answer...
Thanks. Looking forward to the finished product.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

At Sebring today

Camber -2.5 F -2.3 R
Great tire wear and I just set the front bar full stiff.
Not sure if it's faster because I didn't get more rear grip.
Feels a bit more stable.

But I now think that the MPSC2 will last even with only -2F and rear and it may be faster that way leaning more on the grippy part of the tire.

Porsche ride height and rake.
0 toe front and -1.5mm each side rear.

I can use more rear grip in slower corners. Going in I have to be more gentle off the brake trail braking with stiffer front bar and rear still not easy to put power down out of slower corners.

Fast corners rear goes nowhere with rear bar stiff and front bar stiff or middle.

My 0.02
Old 10-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete not sure this is right place?
Old 10-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry for the delay, weather caused some issues for us with suppliers of samples of coatings that we wanted to see. We've finalized the production and supplier base and have the tips moving. Still about 4 weeks out, but pushing to have some sooner than that.

We decided on PVD black and raw Ti with a blued (heat treated) edge.

I'll get some pics up although pics don't do it justice...

Also updated the initial post with finalized retail pricing!

We'll get an official small group buy together in the next week or so...
We'll offer in PVD Coated black, and Ti with a heat treated edge (blued) as well.

Pricing at $575 for the muffler adapter plate, clamps and one set of PVD Black Steel tips. Additional tips will be in the $375.00 range, with a discount for more sets.

Pricing for Ti tips with the heat treated ends will be $875 for the set or $675/pair for the tips alone.

We have a prototype Carbon tip we are going to test on the next few dyno runs to see how it fairs..
Old 01-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tips are DONE!! I'll grab some pics today for them. They're on the site with the intro price already ready to go!

Will update later today! and Update the pics!

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com/por...r-exhaust-tips

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com/por...ystem-titanium

Quick Reply: Dundon 991 (and 997) GT3/RS Tips