Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peek at the incoming RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:06 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 149 Posts

i generally like the overall look, just feel there is too much going on but its subjective, if you like it thats all that counts. it will attract a lot of attention on the street, which would not be my preference.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:01 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

I was pulled over 4 times in my GT3 and never got a ticket but the SW exhaust and racing stripes certainly did not help. It just looks and sounds like one is up to no good . Fun though but I would not even touch one beer when driving her because the attention was too much
Old 08-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Nope... I didn't ask for opinions. Just sharing.

As for what others think...I don't give a FU($ what anyone else thinks.

I would also welcome folks to share their hateful opinions to my face in person.
I really don't understand your response. I wasn't trying to be hateful but expressing an opinion as you asked for. I didn't attack you but stated your car was a billboard and I thought you should know it.

The RS is a beautiful car and to muck it up with all the visual add ons only cheapens it.

I am sure you're a tough guy asking to meet face to face. I won't or will not need to. I suspect you will have ample opportunity to meet face to face with people who have the same opinion I and others have expressed. Hopefully, you will be more mature and not threaten them.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I think these cars, and how we tweak them is a reflection of us. Phil likes it loud, in your face, take no prisoners. This fits him perfectly.

Not sure what a plain white no frills, no thrills GT3 says about me, though. LOL
Old 08-28-2016, 08:39 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I really don't understand your response. I wasn't trying to be hateful but expressing an opinion as you asked for. I didn't attack you but stated your car was a billboard and I thought you should know it.

The RS is a beautiful car and to muck it up with all the visual add ons only cheapens it.

I am sure you're a tough guy asking to meet face to face. I won't or will not need to. I suspect you will have ample opportunity to meet face to face with people who have the same opinion I and others have expressed. Hopefully, you will be more mature and not threaten them.
First, I never asked for opinions. Where did you see that?

Second, if you can't see how your comments (first thought it was a joke, sandwich board, etc...) could be perceived as rude/negative you might want to consider a fresh perspective of how folks could read your comments. Put yourself in others shoes.

Third, my theory is folks change their 'tune' when in person. I have proven this theory with many of my cars over the years. NO ONE has ever shared any negative opinions to me in person (face to face). However, when on forums, I see a lot of 'keyboard *****' from folks sharing their negative opinions.

Lastly, do me a favor and don't comment/post on my threads moving forward. It seems we don't mesh...which is ok. I'd rather not cause any bad feelings and certainly don't appreciate your negativity. What ever happened to the manners.... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...???

And yes...I am a 'tough guy' and welcome confrontation when face to face vs over the Internet. it's typically the only way to find resolution.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I was pulled over 4 times in my GT3 and never got a ticket but the SW exhaust and racing stripes certainly did not help. It just looks and sounds like one is up to no good . Fun though but I would not even touch one beer when driving her because the attention was too much
Oh no doubt! Thankfully I don't drink anymore.

Oddly enough, I was never pulled over in my 'loud' GT3. But was pulled over 3 times in 8 months in my gray M5. Go figure.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:44 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tgibrit
i generally like the overall look, just feel there is too much going on but its subjective, if you like it thats all that counts. it will attract a lot of attention on the street, which would not be my preference.
Yeah, I can see what you mean. This is not necessarily the final design. And I have no problem changing it up if it becomes too much. I like to experiment and do things most people can't or won't even try pulling off.
But again, like you stated... I do this for solely my enjoyment.

Thanks for the polite response. I truly appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:14 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
IF you want to share your opinions, I would appreciate respect and generally good vibes. Otherwise, I would ask you simply hold your comments.
Thank you.
OP: you're being disingenuous by claiming you weren't looking for opinions. As shown in your quote (shown above), you're asking for those who do so to only share positive opinions. It's even more disingenuous to say you don't care what others think. You clearly care very much what others think. You are posting it on a web forum. That's the whole point of a web forum.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:15 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I like the color combinations here and think you're onto something with the design. Personally a fan of loud colors, but it's definitely been a negative for me in many instances before. I'm sure you've considered all that. Happy for you and your order!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:58 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Phil,
I can certainly see your evolving style from the sweet PT3 to this RS rendition ;

Like front fender vents yellow trim , and yellow detail on silver wheels , two color checker cool too;

my tweak to this rendering would be lose checker on the top of the car leaving it on the sides and as others have suggested carry the hood black up and over ( GT2 RS theme ), just PORSCHE in yellow on black wing, with yellow end caps label RS in black ;

would present a proud presence with a blend of cool reverence to GT styles

(just a word of cautious this is coming from guy driving a martini livery 3 on the street/track , poser alert )
Old 08-29-2016, 12:25 AM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it. And as an earlier poster pointed out its vinyl and you can change so initially I would go full out (as you seem to be) with everything you think you want and looks good to you on the rendering. Then just modify later if you like. Word of warning I tried to modify my front fender "gills" and removing them was going to be a major piece of body work so try to see if your mods can be done to the gills while in place (I assume it's just vinyl being applied so you can). Love the yellow front indicators. Congrats on the car. I really liked your Gt3 as well.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:27 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Phil,

If you want to build something very custom, and very particular to you -- great! Build and enjoy!

But - please don't be upset when you post something in a public place, and people offer criticism.

Lastly, - I love this forum because of the maturity level - there's certainly no need to entertain threats or violence.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:17 AM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't understand why anyone would criticize someones else's stuff. If not my cup of tea I just wouldn't own it myself but its a free world (so far) so to each his own.

I do personally like the design though...
Old 08-29-2016, 02:10 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm grabbing some popcorn, this seems to be getting good. If this car is used only for the track, then why not....
Old 08-29-2016, 02:38 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like it. My only feedback would be perhaps to lose the circle on the door with the 77. There are no other circles anywhere. Perhaps just put the car number in black without the circle. Also, if you're going to go Le Mans style yellow on front indicators, then might as well do the headlights too. Personally, I think it's unnecessary, but whatever you like. Glad to see the silver wheel resurgence of late. Cheers

Quick Reply: Peek at the incoming RS