Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

garage car lifts

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:02 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Love my AC single post lift, but now I'm scrambling to have another one made since the Minty wasn't a planned purchase and I need to fit four toys in there. I'll be playing musical cars between shops over the next few weeks to buy some time completing various little projects... or clear out a bit of the "convenience storage" in my wife's garage for an extra spot until the lift shows up.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Love my AC single post lift, but now I'm scrambling to have another one made since the Minty wasn't a planned purchase and I need to fit four toys in there. I'll be playing musical cars between shops over the next few weeks to buy some time completing various little projects... or clear out a bit of the "convenience storage" in my wife's garage for an extra spot until the lift shows up.
Does the single post need to be bolted in?
Old 06-18-2019, 10:17 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Does the single post need to be bolted in?
Yes, many industrial-sized nuts and bolts with a number of concrete spec requirements also. It's ridiculously heavy duty.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:23 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Touring would look nice in there.
Not interested in a touring. Don't get it really. Bad daily (too loud) and no wing is no good for the track. I'll be trading the yellow Cayman S in for a new Spyder next spring and then I'm probably going to add a supercar of some type like a Ferrari or Mac.

My garage is 22x38
Old 06-19-2019, 01:50 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

I just had a Direct lift PP8Plus put in in my single car garage. This is the research/drawings that I did to make sure things fit. Hopefully it helps others with small garages. And thanks to Mooty for the hook up, every thing went super smooth.

Lift dimension comparisons

Plan

Elevation

Last edited by sunnyr; 10-04-2019 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:53 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Anyone have experience with the Forward Lifts EFP8 Four Post Lift?
Old 10-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Kinetic1
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

I’m just looking for a lift to get my car off the ground to work on. Don’t need one for space reasons.

Anyone used an Eagle lift?

https://www.eagleequip.com/product/PMR-6000-48.html
Old 10-03-2019, 08:57 PM
RLNTL3S

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Do you happen to have a photo to show how the swisstrax floor is cut around the lift? I am just curious to see how it all looks together.

I actually spoke to someone from AC lifts today, and was told they should have some sort of a sale on Black Friday. I know you are in a rush, but someone else on here may not be and can get a better deal since they are a bit more expensive.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:08 PM
horns
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
Do you happen to have a photo to show how the swisstrax floor is cut around the lift? I am just curious to see how it all looks together.

I actually spoke to someone from AC lifts today, and was told they should have some sort of a sale on Black Friday. I know you are in a rush, but someone else on here may not be and can get a better deal since they are a bit more expensive.
Is that direct through AC lifts or through a dealer? I can wait a little bit and this looks like it could offer the solution I need with the single post. Thinking about 2 of them.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:45 AM
RLNTL3S

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
Is that direct through AC lifts or through a dealer? I can wait a little bit and this looks like it could offer the solution I need with the single post. Thinking about 2 of them.
Through AC lifts. Spoke to shannon@aclifts.com and she added me to their e-mail list to be notified of the sale. I am not in a rush at the moment to get one. Always loved the way single post lifts looked.

I would suggest e-mailing her and getting pricing info, as there are 2 models at slightly different price points.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:29 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinetic1
I’m just looking for a lift to get my car off the ground to work on. Don’t need one for space reasons.

Anyone used an Eagle lift?

https://www.eagleequip.com/product/PMR-6000-48.html
If you don't need it for parking how about one of these. It is better than the scissor lift as it does not obstruct anything in the center of your car.

https://www.maxjaxusa.com/

https://www.quickjack.com/
Old 10-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 110 Posts

I bought a Bendpak MDS-6LP mid rise lift - it's a permanent installation and works great, allowing access to the underside and center of the car. I haven't recessed it into the floor (yet!) and built some platforms to drive the car onto to allow the rocker panels to clear the lifting elements.

The lift is very stable, and lifts 20", 30" and 40" off the floor. If you can recess it, I think it would be best but I have no regrets.

The attached photo is with it lifted to 20".
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Kinetic1
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by anselmw
If you don't need it for parking how about one of these. It is better than the scissor lift as it does not obstruct anything in the center of your car.

https://www.maxjaxusa.com/

https://www.quickjack.com/
Thanks, I like to looks of the quick jack

Originally Posted by Glyndellis
I bought a Bendpak MDS-6LP mid rise lift - it's a permanent installation and works great, allowing access to the underside and center of the car. I haven't recessed it into the floor (yet!) and built some platforms to drive the car onto to allow the rocker panels to clear the lifting elements.

The lift is very stable, and lifts 20", 30" and 40" off the floor. If you can recess it, I think it would be best but I have no regrets.

The attached photo is with it lifted to 20".
Another good option!
Old 10-04-2019, 12:41 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

Is there clearance to access oil drain plug on your 964 with a pan under it?

How long is the removable ramp to drive the car up there?

Am planning my new garage build and looking at it to install on driver side for oil change easy access or install on passenger side like you for easy driver access. Driver ease access makes more sense because it will be used more frequently..
Old 10-06-2019, 10:31 PM
jmrdmd
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 64 Posts

I use a Quick Jack SLX 7000. I just put a full Dundon exhaust on my GT3 using the jacks. I also use it for my F150 Super Crew. It’s great if you don’t need a lift for storage.

Best

Jan

Quick Reply: garage car lifts