Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:34 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
What makes you think it'll be any different with 991.2 RS? Best to jump in now. Life is short.
Agreed. Unless the dot 2 is diesel it will certainly be hotter than a dot 1. The last production NA car...
Old 06-26-2016, 09:42 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
at this level its not about what you spend, its about what they will cost you.

in this case, you might loose more in depreciation on the Turbo S than if you paid the RS markup and then sold one day.

MIGHT!

we dont have a crystal ball, but i can say with confidence you wont get murdered on the RS, even with the markup, especialyl on the black, you will get killed on the Turbo though

with that all said, you only live once and cant put a price on time and/or happiness. So, if your family wont miss any meals due to your Automobile-addiction then do what makes you happy

ALL GOOD

but thats just me
Lots of wisdom here but the key word is MIGHT. Plenty paid $100k plus over just under a year ago and already you can get a config one at $50k over. Turbo's are not at that absolute dollar depreciation, however on a % they would be. Yes the Turbo will decend way quicker and more than any GT has in the past. If value is your goal, be patient. Prices are still dropping. No one knows where they will settle so you will have to find that delta where value and pulling the trigger and buying one is. Only you know that.

Good luck on the search.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:46 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Wow your friend must have serious connections in order to get a car delivered in September at MSRP that doesn't even exist yet.
+1
Old 06-26-2016, 09:50 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 239 Posts

If you already have a GT3 and TT I would just be patient and if allocation pops up take it, if not then just move onto the next one. If you must have a black RS then you will just have to pony the money up. I dont see PTS colored cars ever going below 50K above honestly. I don't see the car going below MSRP ever in the standard 4 colors.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:53 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
That. A friend ordered a .2 at MSRP for September delivery. And I understand it'll be available in manual, if desired. Seems to me buying an inflated .1 at this stage wouldn't be the smartest move, but it's only money, right?
Just wondering, is your friend a 918 owner? Very tough to get those that early, and at MSRP.

Originally Posted by cwcsvt
Having owned a few P cars now I continue to evolve in my desire to drive and own the ultimate P car for me. The GT3 RS is it for me at least at this time in my life. The numbers are daunting at what they are asking. Currently I have the GT3 and Turbo S of the 991 variety. Both cars are phenomenal in so many ways. Patience is not always a virtue I possess in my vehicle purchases, but thought I would ask those who have owned these cars their thoughts. I am a driver first and foremost, my cars ARE driven. Not abused at all, but they are used for what they were designed for. I wonder if you folks wouldn't mind chiming in on any compelling arguments in either pulling the trigger or just waiting until they come out with next generation and spare myself the ridiculous mark up they are currently asking. I choose value above all things and try to make good use of my finances. That being said, I could wait and get my name on the list for whatever awaits or try to find one now. I love black and currently am aware of only one. Which is being listed at 300k. At any rate, love to get some feedback from those who may have some good feedback either way. Thanks for your insight. Have a great Friday!
I'd say you can't go wrong with a 991 GT3RS.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 06-26-2016, 11:46 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
It's all about what type of experience you want.

If you want to drive on the track that rules out a few cars.

If you plan to get rid of the car then only the residual and mileage allowances matter- at that point you're just buying a payment.

Fwiw the most exotic cars are costly because they have more exotic technology- like 8400rpm v8 turbos, 9k rpm NA engines, carbon chassis, hydraulic suspensions etc.

The cheaper "supercars" are that price because they are less rare and older tech in some way.

The 650S and 991TT are very comparable in regards to cost of ownership and depreciation. If you buy a brand new 991TT cab for 225k you won't get the ROI when selling compared to a GT3RS.

The reason why people get things besides a GT3RS- (mclaren, lambo)

To be different
More horsepower
Custom options
Dealer dicked them over
Don't want to pay over msrp

The reasons people get ferraris

They sound good.
I don't know.

The reasons people enjoy whatever cars they own:

The drive them, bonus for tracking.
Instead of complaining about depreciation on RL, they work harder or take investment risks to try and make more cash to take the bull by the horns.

For me, the 675LT is an awesome car- the best. $400k not everyone can afford. So- a lease on a 650S, or buying a slightly used 650S, a 991GT3RS, or a used 997RS are the best bets. I'm not into the huracans or R8 for the same price and same depreciation schedule.
Well said CJ, I agree with you on all points above, especially on the 675LT being the best street/track car on the market. That would be my first dual purpose street/track purchase if I wanted to drop $450K (but all that money was blown and continues to be spent on racing....you know how that goes! :-)
so now I can't wait to get the 2nd best dual purpose street/track car on the market, a white GT3RS that gets delivered in August, which i hope in time to bring it up to Pebble/Monterey, what a great way to break it in!

I also have a '16 991TTS Cab that is probably the best all around summer fun car on the market that can carry my 2 kids in the back!

And the one point that I disagree with you on is the Huracan, that car makes the most amazing sound out of that V10 and I think the car looks awesome, plus the gearbox on that car is amazing.....my wife loves that car the most.....I loved my 991 GT3 but can't wait for my RS!

Bottomline, get the RS, enjoy the car, live your life......it's all good!

Pic of Lambo below.....
Name:  Lambo Fer.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  102.5 KB

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 06-27-2016, 06:15 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^I'II take the red one.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:06 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

Just being short and simple is the price depreciation between the RS/GTS cars and the TTS all about production numbers driven by demand as the TTS does not seem to be a lessor car for the most part. If you pay $50-100k over for an RS, but a new TTS for say $200 you can sell it for $150 or $100 and be out the same dollars assuming the GT's get back to MSRP which they will. Clearly the experience may be better but the $$ are close to the same.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:12 AM
bill357
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
Just being short and simple is the price depreciation between the RS/GTS cars and the TTS all about production numbers driven by demand as the TTS does not seem to be a lessor car for the most part. If you pay $50-100k over for an RS, but a new TTS for say $200 you can sell it for $150 or $100 and be out the same dollars assuming the GT's get back to MSRP which they will. Clearly the experience may be better but the $$ are close to the same.
you could be right, but I cant see a RS ever getting close to msrp unless its beat to death.i think the bottom will hover around 25k over and eventually go back up IMO
Old 06-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
For 300k you should be able to get a real exotic modern day super car that will be an experience at a different level than a 911. I would get a RS at sticker any day if track use is part of your driving habits. But if you plan to mainly drive it on the roads the super cars will be much more fun and feel more special i.e. 458,488, Huracan, 650S.
I completely agree with this. BUT, if you plan to track it, then stick with GT3 or go RS at maybe 25-40k over today (I think very doable).
Old 06-28-2016, 11:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,674 Likes on 776 Posts

OP, you have your heart set on a black RS. There is one fire sale and there aren't many. Get it now. Life is short.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:08 AM
cwcsvt
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
OP, you have your heart set on a black RS. There is one fire sale and there aren't many. Get it now. Life is short.
Don't threaten me with a good time... Black is the color for me... Talked to a dealer today who said I could have a spot on a December build. Would cost me 45k over MSRP... That is not what exactly I want, but certainly appears to me a means to an end.... Evaluating...
Old 06-29-2016, 05:35 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^Are you sure you can get Black? I thought someone was saying no Black, RY or Miami? The want to be PTS's.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:43 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Originally Posted by bronson7
^^^Are you sure you can get Black? I thought someone was saying no Black, RY or Miami? The want to be PTS's.

It appear the only way to get a black one is on the secondary market since PTS is no longer available.... Time to get serious.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Purchase