RS quiet exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 10:52 AM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A432
Admire the dedication to track days over concern about other's thoughts
85-89 is quiet, more than most realize I'd guess.

f

I was just eatting my Cheerios when I saw that photo and I have NEVER had bits of chewed-up Cheerios Flying out of my nose! That is an aweson photo! Wonder what the DB are at the one foot mark; hence using English DOT noise requirements for kit cars.

Well done, Bravo, well done!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Being relatively new to tracking cars it surprises me how different the requirements are to get a bike on track vs a car. To pass tech inspection in a car you fill out a form at beginning of year and leave it on file - you're good to go. On a bike you have to physically take your bike to a scrutineer at the track every time so they can check a whole bunch of items before giving you your sticker. I once adjusted tire pressures when I arrived took bike to tech inspection and didn't pass as I left the tire valve cap off. I had to go back and put it on before I got my sticker. Anyway my point is I'm surprised cars are allowed to put such contraptions onto their cars in the name of safety? I am not criticizing the OP, far from it, highly applaud his resolve to get his car on track just surprises me we can bolt stuff onto our cars so we can be quiet?!?!
Guess I should just be glad we've still got two tracks in Norcal with decent sound limits (103dB)
Old 03-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Being relatively new to tracking cars it surprises me how different the requirements are to get a bike on track vs a car. To pass tech inspection in a car you fill out a form at beginning of year and leave it on file - you're good to go. On a bike you have to physically take your bike to a scrutineer at the track every time so they can check a whole bunch of items before giving you your sticker. I once adjusted tire pressures when I arrived took bike to tech inspection and didn't pass as I left the tire valve cap off. I had to go back and put it on before I got my sticker. Anyway my point is I'm surprised cars are allowed to put such contraptions onto their cars in the name of safety? I am not criticizing the OP, far from it, highly applaud his resolve to get his car on track just surprises me we can bolt stuff onto our cars so we can be quiet?!?!
Guess I should just be glad we've still got two tracks in Norcal with decent sound limits (103dB)
Very true, but tech at bike days is kind of a joke sometimes as well. They check the simple stuff and take your word for the critical stuff. I've had **** fall off bikes in front of me on the track more times than I can count. Worst was coming over the hill in Turn 1 at Laguna at about 110 when a GSXR about 100 feet in front of me decided to shed almost it's entire set of poorly attached Chinese knock off race bodywork. That was a serious pucker moment.

Quick Reply: RS quiet exhaust