Sponsored by:

European delivery this summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 12:22 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts
Default European delivery this summer

I've seen a lot of people posting that they are doing ED this summer, some for RS some for R. Wanted to get a list going, of locations and dates - would be good to meet up with some fellow Rennlisters.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

I have a Macan there through mid June.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Who are you guys getting EDs though? I have emailed 3 dealers at this point asking about getting on the list for an ED car. Not a single one has responded. Is there some sort of secret handshake?
Old 03-09-2016, 03:25 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts

TRAKCAR, I am early July, Leipzig. Was thinking of mid June and hitting Le Mans but the timing didn't work out. Putting together a list of trackdays, your thread has been a lot of help.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

July RS
Old 03-09-2016, 04:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Look forward to see everyone's track day itinerary.
Maybe I can rent a disposable, buy a ED something or just be the beer assistant.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:09 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,129 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Maybe I can rent a disposable, buy a ED something or just be the beer assistant.
I bet a new 300hp 718 Boxster or Cayman with base 2.0L and manual would be entertaining on track and only cost in the $50k's - hopefully could be sold stateside for a reasonable loss...
Old 03-10-2016, 12:18 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
I've seen a lot of people posting that they are doing ED this summer, some for RS some for R. Wanted to get a list going, of locations and dates - would be good to meet up with some fellow Rennlisters.
July 1 Stuttgart for my RS
Will probably head down to Dolomites the first week in July and work our way back to the Ring before July 15
Would love to meet up somewhere...Some people have already posted on my ED delivery thread that they would like to drive to the top of a pass somewhere...
Old 03-10-2016, 12:20 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
How about be my coach?
Old 03-10-2016, 12:42 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not doing ED, but I am vacationing in Germany mid July to mid August!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

I'm going to do Euro Deliv for my R with my wife. no idea when it is due.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:34 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by batmanm3
July 1 Stuttgart for my RS
Will probably head down to Dolomites the first week in July and work our way back to the Ring before July 15
Would love to meet up somewhere...Some people have already posted on my ED delivery thread that they would like to drive to the top of a pass somewhere...
I'm going to start a thread over in the ED section, but I suggest Verbier become a common stop if you are looking for some fun in the Swiss Alps. 8.5 km climb of switchbacks from the valley into Verbier. You can see part of the road (one curve) in the photo, which is the view off my balcony.

From Verbier you can day trip into Italy via the Gd St. Bernard Pass -Aosta
France into Chamonix
Montreux - for the music festival and hang out on Lake Geneva
-castle? sure you can do that stuff.
Winery- Oh yes! That's the best things to do- sit in the sun. eat. drink.

-Verbier- is famous for the partying, rich & famous, premier off-piste skiing. It is absolutely beautiful! Great people and food- very friendly and most speak english having to deal with brits that don't speak french. It's grown up and there is defiantly not as many cow pastures that I use to sled through, but it is still one of the best places I think you can go. Of course I'm biased .

If anyone wanted to go- you can always spend all the money at the newly built W Verbier or you could use my place. We have a few weeks taken so far, but most of the time it is open in the summer & wouldn't be a problem to let some friends on RL use it. I'm near the center of town (walking distance to dinner/pubs) and our place isn't on a steep road etc.- includes 2 garage spots since the car is a big consideration.

-
My ED- I guess the new GT3 or RS won't be coming this summer, but I'd be up for a trip around when some people were doing a ED. -Happy to play local guide around my town & pubs.

www.verbiernet.com - info about the area.
https://www.bessonimmobilier.ch/weba...laminia-223224 - check the calendar.
Attached Images  

Last edited by German_Saint; 03-10-2016 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:41 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

991.1 GTS Targa MT CXX on June 22nd in Stuttgart. I'd be thrilled to meet up with fellow enthusiasts!

The preliminary plan is to drive south into Spain.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:50 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I'm going to start a thread over in the ED section, but I suggest Verbier become a common stop if you are looking for some fun in the Swiss Alps. 8.5 km climb of switchbacks from the valley into Verbier. You can see part of the road (one curve) in the photo, which is the view off my balcony.

From Verbier you can day trip into Italy via the Gd St. Bernard Pass -Aosta
France into Chamonix
Montreux - for the music festival and hang out on Lake Geneva
-castle? sure you can do that stuff.
Winery- Oh yes! That's the best things to do- sit in the sun. eat. drink.

-Verbier- is famous for the partying, rich & famous, premier off-piste skiing. It is absolutely beautiful! Great people and food- very friendly and most speak english having to deal with brits that don't speak french. It's grown up and there is defiantly not as many cow pastures that I use to sled through, but it is still one of the best places I think you can go. Of course I'm biased .

If anyone wanted to go- you can always spend all the money at the newly built W Verbier or you could use my place. -We have a few weeks taken so far, but most of the time it is open in the summer & wouldn't be a problem to let some friends on RL use it. I'm near the center of town (walking distance to dinner/pubs) and our place isn't on a steep road etc.- includes 2 garage spots since the car is a big consideration.

-
My ED- I guess the new GT3 or RS won't be coming this summer, but I'd be up for a trip around when some people were doing a ED. -Happy to play local guide around my town & pubs.

www.verbiernet.com - info about the area.
Send me a PM if you wanted some more info or have my mom/ London travel agent get into the finer points of a euro vacation.
That's very cool for such offer. I wish I could join you guys. Have fun guys.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:43 AM
aonteoan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have emailed 3 dealers at this point asking about getting on the list for an ED car.

Quick Reply: European delivery this summer