Sponsored by:

European delivery this summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:48 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shivatron
Who are you guys getting EDs though? I have emailed 3 dealers at this point asking about getting on the list for an ED car. Not a single one has responded. Is there some sort of secret handshake?
An ED RS? Any RS?

In my experience, some dealers do not like supporting ED on GT cars. Others support it. No response may be as much due to allocation issues if you're asking for ED on a 3/RS.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:10 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My experience is that most dealers actively dissuade customers now from ED. The dealer is charged around $3k (although it's offset by an extra car allocation), needs to execute more paperwork and is now liable should anything with the ED-side of the sale go bad.

Negative sum financial gain from a dealer's POV.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:40 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

GT4 pick-up on 2 June. Spending the whole month in Europe. Mainly at the 'Ring. Then back to the 'Ring again for the first week of August. Check my thread in the European Delivery section. I'd be delighted to meet some fellow Rennlisters.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

^^ I expect to be kept in the loop!!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:28 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts

Good group, I'm sure there are more out there. CJ, let us know when you get a date for your R. I will likely be there July 6 to the 15th or so. Trying to get Spa and Nurburgring at a minimum, then some other mountain driving in the Alps. Verbier could be good, have driven some roads close to there and they are spectacular.

I'll post some options this weekend/next week.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:57 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Good group, I'm sure there are more out there. CJ, let us know when you get a date for your R. I will likely be there July 6 to the 15th or so. Trying to get Spa and Nurburgring at a minimum, then some other mountain driving in the Alps. Verbier could be good, have driven some roads close to there and they are spectacular. I'll post some options this weekend/next week.
I'm booked out from being able to do it until fall. So for all the July guys I am out on that. Thinking November 1st so only warm weather driving areas at least for track days.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

How long can you leave car in EU under Porsche ED program?
Old 03-10-2016, 04:26 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'm booked out from being able to do it until fall. So for all the July guys I am out on that. Thinking November 1st so only warm weather driving areas at least for track days.

The nice thing about the alps is Verbier is at 1500m or 4500 ft. Denver for example is about 5,500ft. You don't get the high altitude passes like you do on I-70 in CO although routes with "col" many close for the season. The chance for a winter storm is always real, but is fairly low. Even during winter months snow doesn't stay long on the roads.

- In the photos- early Nov- to Nov 16, 2006.
Chateau Chillon on Lake Geneva.
Driving into Chamonix
Road on the swiss side on the way to Cham.
Fall view off the balcony
Attached Images     
Old 03-10-2016, 04:28 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nizer
How long can you leave car in EU under Porsche ED program?
Off the cuff it is 60 days before VAT is due.

Update:
It is 6 months for Porsche and clicking through it looks like it is different for every manufacture, which makes no sense to me..Found this link - I think it is current.

http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/c...ams/index.html

Last edited by German_Saint; 03-10-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
An ED RS? Any RS?

In my experience, some dealers do not like supporting ED on GT cars. Others support it. No response may be as much due to allocation issues if you're asking for ED on a 3/RS.
Not an RS -- just a "regular" GT3. I would understand even a quick "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" email, but I literally get no response as soon as I mention ED. (Insert "that's what she said" joke here.)

EDIT: ...and to be clear, asking about getting on the list for an ED 991.2 -- I know that .1 allocations are over.

It would be nice to know which dealers support it so I don't have to brute-force email dealers until I find one, but I also understand that in this market, people are reticent to kill their own golden goose by creating demand at their own dealer.

Last edited by Shivatron; 03-10-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:53 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shivatron
Not an RS -- just a "regular" GT3. I would understand even a quick "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" email, but I literally get no response as soon as I mention ED. (Insert "that's what she said" joke here.)

It would be nice to know which dealers support it so I don't have to brute-force email dealers until I find one, but I also understand that in this market, people are reticent to kill their own golden goose by creating demand at their own dealer.
Both dealers near me have some good guys & are fairly close to you in Austin.

Ryan Kinsley- Brian Harris Porsche (grandson to dealer principle)- 1-225-754-1500

John @- Porsche North Houston here on RL- "JWrightPNH "

I've mentioned to both about my travel agency (mom's biz) handling the details of a customers ED as a N/C option to the dealer or customer. Both thought it was a good idea as a more complete option than what PCNA offers.

Tell them your friend Nick in Mandeville sent you as I'd like to stay in their good graces of future allocations.

Cheers,
Nick B.

Last edited by German_Saint; 04-12-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by German_Saint
Both dealers near me have some good guys & fairly close to you in Austin.

Ryan Kinsley- Brian Harris Porsche (grandson to dealer principle)- 1-225-754-1500
-My old store- couldn't say enough good things about Mr. Harris and his family. Ryan got me a '16 GT3 and was super with the bs I put him through on my deal (2 in & outs).

Danny Haro- MGR- Porsche New Orleans (504) 832-2112
inquired on a GT3 RS they had parked up front and he was a nice guy. A no over sticker guy.

I've mentioned to both about my travel agency (mom's biz) handling the details of customers trips as a N/C option to either the dealer or customer. Both thought it was a good idea as a more complete option than what PCNA offers.

Tell them your friend Nick in Mandeville sent you as I'd like to stay in their good graces of future allocations.

Cheers,
Nick B.
Yes -- thank you! I will email both tonight, and will be sure to mention that you are the person who sent me!

I also did read the thread in the ED forum about your mom's travel planning skills. If this comes together, I'll certainly be heading your way.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:34 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
CJ, as a Mariners fan I am comforted in seeing you not planning for the post season :-)
Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
CJ, as a Mariners fan I am comforted in seeing you not planning for the post season :-)
lol, I think my brain is still in football mode. I can see that discussion. "Hey coach, gotta go pick a car..."
Old 03-10-2016, 09:40 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by FJSeattle

trust me Nov 1st is quite deep into the post season. you must be thinking very hard about the seahawks by then lol

Quick Reply: European delivery this summer