991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3RS Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016 | 02:58 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

"....most of the negative comments come from those not fortunate to get an allocation."

^this, nothing new...
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:00 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Some pretty amazing teething problems.
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:03 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SDGT3
Having just received my 2016 RS and having owned the two previous GT 3 RSs, I will tell you that this car is a winner hands down. While I get the love of nostalgia with the manual gear box and the old air cooled, nobody with a clear conscious can claim this car is not a far superior car. I will give you that they are not as raw as previous cars but to say they are not a better car is wrong on many levels. If the measurement of a sports car is performance, this car wins easily. Given the upgrades and changes that were made to this generation of RS, it is always a possibility to have problems arise. Remember with only 2000 cars being built, it is difficult to get a big test sample for adjustments and sometime they need to be made on the fly. Anyone owning a previous RS 997 will attest to the Pressure Plate Problems that all the early cars had in addition to the Valve Actuator problem that plagued many vehicles. I wonder sometimes why most of the negative comments come from those not fortunate enough to get an allocation. I for one am thrilled and will deal with the issues as they arise. Porsche has been pretty good so far about being fair.
Well said and thanks for posting.
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:11 PM
jospay1
Intermediate

I also got a recall...
Car was deliverd november 2.... And is getting a new pdk, next week, 23 februari....
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Having just received my 2016 RS and having owned the two previous GT 3 RSs, I will tell you that this car is a winner hands down. While I get the love of nostalgia with the manual gear box and the old air cooled, nobody with a clear conscious can claim this car is not a far superior car. I will give you that they are not as raw as previous cars but to say they are not a better car is wrong on many levels. If the measurement of a sports car is performance, this car wins easily. Given the upgrades and changes that were made to this generation of RS, it is always a possibility to have problems arise. Remember with only 2000 cars being built, it is difficult to get a big test sample for adjustments and sometime they need to be made on the fly. Anyone owning a previous RS 997 will attest to the Pressure Plate Problems that all the early cars had in addition to the Valve Actuator problem that plagued many vehicles. I wonder sometimes why most of the negative comments come from those not fortunate enough to get an allocation. I for one am thrilled and will deal with the issues as they arise. Porsche has been pretty good so far about being fair.
+991. I'll take less raw for more playful anytime. Anyone who's say an advance De guys are amature racer will just go and giggle after for laps. It's so much more fun that I wouldn't change it for a 997 4.0 for even money if I was forced to drive either without resale price. I live life by experiences. Sore money provide freedom and security, but beyond that, I'll take fun over more money.

Originally Posted by lumber
"....most of the negative comments come from those not fortunate to get an allocation."

^this, nothing new...
I know, some of those are tiring.

Originally Posted by jospay1
I also got a recall...
Car was deliverd november 2.... And is getting a new pdk, next week, 23 februari....
8500 miles picked up Dec26 built Sept 18. Never had a GT3 with zero issues before until this one. They did give me free new revised fender liners but other than that oil changes, pad changes (2) front rotors (1) and 6 sets of tires :-)

Haven't heard anything but I'll take a new free gear box please. thank you!
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:35 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+991. I'll take less raw for more playful anytime. Anyone who's say an advance De guys are amature racer will just go and giggle after for laps. It's so much more fun that I wouldn't change it for a 997 4.0 for even money if I was forced to drive either without resale price. I live life by experiences. Sore money provide freedom and security, but beyond that, I'll take fun over more money.

I know, some of those are tiring.

8500 miles picked up Dec26 built Sept 18. Never had a GT3 with zero issues before until this one. They did give me free new revised fender liners but other than that oil changes, pad changes (2) front rotors (1) and 6 sets of tires :-)

Haven't heard anything but I'll take a new free gear box please. thank you!

+1
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

991 GT3/RS owners have no idea how lucky they are in this area. Pretty clear that Porsche is being proactive in addressing these issues as they arise, which is night and day from the experience of 997 GT3/RS owners.
Old 02-16-2016 | 03:59 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lumber
I knew Id find you both here...

Ambulance chasers of rennlist.
"Ambulance chasers of rennlist". Love it!

GT3 or RS, these are specialty cars and considering what they do, it's amazing how reliable they are. More importantly, once an issue is identified, Porsche does an amazing job of putting things right. Wonder what Ferrari normally do?
Old 02-16-2016 | 04:51 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nizer
991 GT3/RS owners have no idea how lucky they are in this area. Pretty clear that Porsche is being proactive in addressing these issues as they arise, which is night and day from the experience of 997 GT3/RS owners.
No doubt. How soon we forget the jumping out of second gear issues with the 996 gearbox, and the ****ty 997 rs trans, that never was addressed correctly.
I'll take a complete tranny, no questions asked.
How is this not great customer service?
Old 02-16-2016 | 05:09 PM
Jooyoung99
Racer

It really is a great customer service. I wonder if Porsche will give you guys a nice loaner car (maybe Turbo S) while your cars are getting fixed.
Old 02-16-2016 | 05:15 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Can anyone confirm that there is an actual campaign for the recall here in the US?
Old 02-16-2016 | 05:17 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

It's nice to have a warranty. Reminds me of the good old vanilla fried egg 996 days. Mike
Old 02-16-2016 | 05:22 PM
consolidated
Drifting

We've not read of any production delays so I'm guessing cars coming off the line have the "fix".

It would be interesting to know what the production date cut-off is, if there is one.
Old 02-16-2016 | 05:24 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Looks like there is a recall happening worldwide for certain RS Vin numbers.. 2 of my friends were called in for a Gearbox change also. The dealer did tell them that are perfectly fine driving their cars till the new parts come in from PAG.. Will update you guys with the reason behind the recall once I get more info.
Old 02-16-2016 | 05:25 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

I think this post is also befitting to the other thread about the RS disappointing. Very well said.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3RS Recall