Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lava Orange GT3RS Xpel Full Body Wrap and Nano Coating

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016 | 11:33 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TimAD
Its unfortunate, but there are bad apples out there. This is one of the reasons it is so important to find an installer first, film second. "Good" film in the hands of a careless or inexperienced installer will never create a good product.
Tim thanks for all your help, the problem is that Xpel is the bad apple. After finding out that Xpel was standing by their bad installer's job everything changed. And honest and thorough installers like you are being affected by their business practices.
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:32 AM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Tim did my car as well as 11 other GT4's in the SOCAL area. Before i wemt with him i mustve went to 6 other shops to see their work and talk to the owners/installers. While many did an adequate job there were a few that were awful. Yelp! Helped but even the highly reviewed ones were bad. Upon seeing tim's work and talking to him it was an easy decision. Ultimately i went with Clearguard Nano as what was recommended by Tim.

Since 3M is filing law suits against XPEL the quality of their film has suffered... I would seek legal counsel on the previous shop if it were me... I would not accept work that was performed like what you posted/described.
Old 07-21-2016 | 03:17 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Shockwave
I would seek legal counsel on the previous shop if it were me... I would not accept work that was performed like what you posted/described.
I wanted to give both the opportunity to resolve the issue, but after 10 days without a concrete resolution I'm forced to contact their insurance company. If there are lawyers here that are specialized in this field I'd appreciate a PM.
Old 11-27-2016 | 07:52 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shockwave
Tim did my car as well as 11 other GT4's in the SOCAL area. Before i wemt with him i mustve went to 6 other shops to see their work and talk to the owners/installers. While many did an adequate job there were a few that were awful. Yelp! Helped but even the highly reviewed ones were bad. Upon seeing tim's work and talking to him it was an easy decision. Ultimately i went with Clearguard Nano as what was recommended by Tim.

Since 3M is filing law suits against XPEL the quality of their film has suffered... I would seek legal counsel on the previous shop if it were me... I would not accept work that was performed like what you posted/described.
Thanks again for your biz! I hope your enjoying the GT4!
Old 01-27-2017 | 06:08 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

We saw this car back recently for a check up.

Coating is performing exceptionally well!

Old 11-12-2019 | 12:27 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

We are once again seeing this car back for some film touch ups and coating check up, looking forward to posting some updates!
Old 11-16-2019 | 01:33 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TimAD
We are once again seeing this car back for some film touch ups and coating check up, looking forward to posting some updates!
Nice work.

Was the front facia a full, single piece or did you have too install multiple pieces to fill the concave curved parts?
Thank you
Old 12-05-2019 | 03:49 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Nice work.

Was the front facia a full, single piece or did you have too install multiple pieces to fill the concave curved parts?
Thank you
This particular vehicle was done with a modified Xpel template which consisted of two separate pieces. The lower lip area joined up with minimal exposed seams around the uprights and down below the lower front vents allowing the maximum coverage of paint to prevent damage.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019 | 09:23 AM
Jangobipbip
Racer

Really nice job, love this

Quick Reply: Lava Orange GT3RS Xpel Full Body Wrap and Nano Coating