Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lava Orange GT3RS Xpel Full Body Wrap and Nano Coating

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016 | 01:53 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
For my future cars, do you service outside of California? I am in the state of Illinois, western suburbs. Please advise.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Yes I do, we will be starting nationwide tours toward the end of this year and would be happy to help you!
Old 07-16-2016 | 02:01 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Thank you. Please PM me as I am expecting delivery of a couple of cars towards end of this year. A 911 and a Viper that I would like done like what you have advertised here. Please provide estimated cost for each item application. Thank you in advance.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 07-16-2016 | 03:19 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Try TLC Auto Detailing.
Thanks, I'm a big fan of your work, Xpel recommended only 2 shops in my area (authorized installers) so i didn't consider TLC. I'll try to go see some of his work now you mentioned it.
Why the big deal with Authorized Installer if Xpel doesn't expect them to have standards?
Old 07-16-2016 | 04:12 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Thanks, I'm a big fan of your work, Xpel recommended only 2 shops in my area (authorized installers) so i didn't consider TLC. I'll try to go see some of his work now you mentioned it.
Why the big deal with Authorized Installer if Xpel doesn't expect them to have standards?
Thanks. I am unsure what you mean with your last statement about standards but will try to give some insight on the subject of the locator map and what one can expect.

Xpel has plenty of great installers on their map. But being on the map does not ensure you are getting the best by itself. Some of the information on the locator map also does not reflect exactly what's going on. For instance, my shop does not show as using the DAP software, which we do. I do not much care so it rides. But without showing DAP software access, it doesn't reflect how many cars we work on and if one were to compare, they may believe we barely work with Xpel. The same can happen in other areas. Want more? Showing how many cars a shop works on does not mean you are getting quality. Kia makes a ton of cars....I'd still have have the fit and finish a Porsche offers.

The best way to find a quality fit is to speak with the professional and get a good sense of their abilities, what experience you can expect and the ongoing support you get moving forward. No online locator map can give you any of that information. Locator maps are just 1 piece that someone can use to possibly find a quality solution for their needs. They are not a crutch and singular path to satisfaction.
Old 07-16-2016 | 09:49 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

What I meant is that when I was looking for an Xpel installer I found one here on the forum, at the same time I PM Xpel with another question and it came out that particular installer was not an "authorized installer". They advised me to use one of their 2 authorized installers in my area. So what's the difference between an authorized installer and one that is not? How does the latter get ahold of their film?
Old 07-17-2016 | 11:51 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

What I meant is that when I was looking for an Xpel installer I found one here on the forum, at the same time I PM Xpel with another question and it came out that particular installer was not an "authorized installer". They advised me to use one of their 2 authorized installers in my area. So what's the difference between an authorized installer and one that is not? How does the latter get ahold of their film?
That is quite confusing and really I do not have an answer for you. Xpel would be a good source to ask as it is their list.
Old 07-18-2016 | 10:20 AM
Db750
Intermediate

Stunning work, Tim. Very nice.
Old 07-20-2016 | 03:35 AM
Nero Corsa
Rennlist Member

You guys should try out clear guard nano, the film is superb. It has everything xpel has to offer but more as as of late the quality of xpel I have seen on cars isn't that great so far. There are some cars where the film looks good and others where the film looks terrible, the install jobs are great but the film is a hit or miss.
Old 07-20-2016 | 02:09 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nero Corsa
You guys should try out clear guard nano, the film is superb. It has everything xpel has to offer but more as as of late the quality of xpel I have seen on cars isn't that great so far. There are some cars where the film looks good and others where the film looks terrible, the install jobs are great but the film is a hit or miss.
It is the installer that should be sorting any defective film. The car owner should not realize any defects. If some jobs ade leaving looking bad, that is on the installer.

I have sorted plenty of film but the jobs always leave on-point. Defective film is the installer's aggravation.
Old 07-20-2016 | 02:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

For the installers on the forum....I spoke to a few Expel clear bra installers here in So Cal and all of them recommended against putting Nano Coating/Modesta on the clear bra because the coating doesn't allow the Expel to self heal. Is that true?
Old 07-20-2016 | 03:36 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
For the installers on the forum....I spoke to a few Expel clear bra installers here in So Cal and all of them recommended against putting Nano Coating/Modesta on the clear bra because the coating doesn't allow the Expel to self heal. Is that true?
I wanted to ask the same question, if the film self "heals" because of its viscosity adding a solid coating would prevent its properties no?
Old 07-20-2016 | 03:38 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I wanted to ask the same question, if the film self "heals" because of its viscosity adding a solid coating would prevent its properties no?
Not sure who you have talked to, but this is 100% INCORRECT. Modesta coatings do not affect the self healing properties, as do many other coating options as well. One of the biggest frustration for us installers is misinformation spread by other installers, sounds like they need to do more research before giving misinformation
Old 07-20-2016 | 03:43 PM
Nero Corsa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
It is the installer that should be sorting any defective film. The car owner should not realize any defects. If some jobs ade leaving looking bad, that is on the installer.

I have sorted plenty of film but the jobs always leave on-point. Defective film is the installer's aggravation.
I am just saying for my experience and what I have seen. The various installers I have seen does fix the films, but also shows me the difference between other brands and why Xpel is okay at best. XPel is a good film but not a great film as there are other options. The consistency isn't solid as many other brands on the market. Competition is good for consumer as it creates great products on the market. If you look back 10 years ago, the film these days are so many light ages better than then. Like you say and I totally agree 100%, the installer is important on the install as it can look like it clear as water or wack.
Old 07-20-2016 | 07:07 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nero Corsa
I am just saying for my experience and what I have seen. The various installers I have seen does fix the films, but also shows me the difference between other brands and why Xpel is okay at best. XPel is a good film but not a great film as there are other options. The consistency isn't solid as many other brands on the market. Competition is good for consumer as it creates great products on the market. If you look back 10 years ago, the film these days are so many light ages better than then. Like you say and I totally agree 100%, the installer is important on the install as it can look like it clear as water or wack.
My experience with Xpel is...never again. And now I have to pay 200 bucks to remove this junk. It wasn't just the installer, it was the manufacturer as well.
Old 07-20-2016 | 07:59 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

My experience with Xpel is...never again. And now I have to pay 200 bucks to remove this junk. It wasn't just the installer, it was the manufacturer as well.
Its unfortunate, but there are bad apples out there. This is one of the reasons it is so important to find an installer first, film second. "Good" film in the hands of a careless or inexperienced installer will never create a good product.

Quick Reply: Lava Orange GT3RS Xpel Full Body Wrap and Nano Coating