TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Drifting
nice work!
Thanks for looking!
Old 02-25-2016 | 10:53 PM
tasman
Race Car

Gorgeous. Was not a big fan of lava but this has changed my mind!
Old 03-14-2016 | 05:08 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tasman
Gorgeous. Was not a big fan of lava but this has changed my mind!
It does look different depending on the lighting.

This color definitely looks best in pure sunlight!
Old 03-14-2016 | 06:36 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

amazing job! Thank you very much for sharing. I'll need to reach out to you shortly to take care of my cars... the last film guy really didn't live up to standards.
Old 03-14-2016 | 10:24 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

When you do the coating do you also apply to the windows?? I know that detailers apply Cquartz to the windows with great success and wanted your take on that
Old 03-24-2016 | 01:55 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dsu*
amazing job! Thank you very much for sharing. I'll need to reach out to you shortly to take care of my cars... the last film guy really didn't live up to standards.
Would love to help you out! Let me know when your free to chat

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
When you do the coating do you also apply to the windows?? I know that detailers apply Cquartz to the windows with great success and wanted your take on that
We do offer a couple different nano coating solutions for glass, but they all do have a couple downsides and thus don't offer them very often. The main benefits of these are increased hydrophobic behaviors to help with visibility and when washing. But, these results aren't very long lasting because of the abrasion of windshield wipers. We've used CQuartz before and have gotten decent results on daily driven vehicles.
Old 07-15-2016 | 11:35 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Tim, I think the pictures speak for themselves!

Can you point out exactly which edges you didn't wrap? Were you able to tack in the film around the front and rear bumpers?
Old 07-15-2016 | 01:14 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Tim, I think the pictures speak for themselves!

Can you point out exactly which edges you didn't wrap? Were you able to tack in the film around the front and rear bumpers?
Hard to go in detail over the whole car without being there in person, but pretty much every edge you can physical reach ie. get a squeegee or access to has been wrapped. Front and rear bumpers as well.

Thanks for looking!
Old 07-15-2016 | 02:39 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TimAD
Hard to go in detail over the whole car without being there in person, but pretty much every edge you can physical reach ie. get a squeegee or access to has been wrapped. Front and rear bumpers as well.

Thanks for looking!
You're right I should have mentioned it, I was interested in the "full front" job, in example were you able to wrap the edges of the bumper and fender right next to the headlights (that section you see well in your profile pic)?
Is it overly complicated to wrap the gas door or it's just a little extra work?
Old 07-15-2016 | 03:05 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

The Xpel template is adequate protection wise but it leaves something to be desired in a few areas, so definitely have Tim wrap as much as he can for you.

Gas door is easily wrapped by Tim, as is the area around the headlamps. The very inner recess of the front bumper vent might not be wrapped since the mesh might be glued on(?), but he can trim very close if you go custom. If you choose a template, there will be a few millimeter gap there.
Old 07-15-2016 | 07:04 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vantage
The Xpel template is adequate protection wise but it leaves something to be desired in a few areas, so definitely have Tim wrap as much as he can for you.

Gas door is easily wrapped by Tim, as is the area around the headlamps. The very inner recess of the front bumper vent might not be wrapped since the mesh might be glued on(?), but he can trim very close if you go custom. If you choose a template, there will be a few millimeter gap there.
Thank you I'm in the Washington DC area so unfortunately he can't be the one installing my film, I had it installed by the local Xpel authorized installer with questionable results. Film is coming off as soon as I find another shop.
Old 07-15-2016 | 07:11 PM
Shrevehorn
Instructor

Looks fantastic. Really pops.
Old 07-16-2016 | 12:16 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Thank you I'm in the Washington DC area so unfortunately he can't be the one installing my film, I had it installed by the local Xpel authorized installer with questionable results. Film is coming off as soon as I find another shop.
Try TLC Auto Detailing.
Old 07-16-2016 | 01:11 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vantage

Thanks for the reply! 100% correct!

Sent you an email, will help where I can.

Originally Posted by Shrevehorn
Looks fantastic. Really pops.
Thank you! Made a huge difference, even though the #1 goal is protection doesn't mean it can't look good!

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Try TLC Auto Detailing.
+1 TLC Auto Detail is the go to place in the area.
Old 07-16-2016 | 01:32 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

For my future cars, do you service outside of California? I am in the state of Illinois, western suburbs. Please advise.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Quick Reply: Lava Orange GT3RS Xpel Full Body Wrap and Nano Coating