Sponsored by:

My 991 GT3 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 06:45 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
It goes to show you the " anything else but a 911 is not a real Porsche or it's the poor's man Porsche " is not a grossly overstated statement,but it actually does carry a deep bias among the so called " enthusiasts ". Very lame.

BTW GLWS Jimmy.
I broke many a smart *** mouths in a Boxster S/ Cayman S.. So much so a 996 GT3 customer traded out for a Boxster S after I took him on a test drive. One of the better corners I ever made on my test track loop- turning lane with concrete markers in each lane -hitting the on ramp WOT. Nearly sold myself

The other end you hear feedback from people w/ a magazine subscription and Chris Harris as a subscriber on their youtube feed.

1 of the many reasons I avoid C&C events.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:18 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLWS. Keep us posted on the sale. I will be putting mine up for sale in January and curious to see what the market brings for your car.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:02 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

I am listing her below MSRP. Not looking to get rich off it but obviously it will sell for what the market will bare for a nicely optioned, low mileage, never tracked GT3.

Not sure I really want to let her go. If some one buys her so let it be. They will be one lucky individual. If it does not - than may be I keep her. Every Porsche I have sold I have regretted so why should that change
Old 12-23-2015, 08:41 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I broke many a smart *** mouths in a Boxster S/ Cayman S.. So much so a 996 GT3 customer traded out for a Boxster S after I took him on a test drive. One of the better corners I ever made on my test track loop- turning lane with concrete markers in each lane -hitting the on ramp WOT. Nearly sold myself

The other end you hear feedback from people w/ a magazine subscription and Chris Harris as a subscriber on their youtube feed.

1 of the many reasons I avoid C&C events.
But according to your sig you've always had 911s...?

Trading a 996 GT3 for a Boxster S is insanity. I've owned and heavily tracked a Boxster S and raced Spec Boxster for many years (and did well at it).
Old 12-23-2015, 09:08 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am listing her below MSRP. Not looking to get rich off it but obviously it will sell for what the market will bare for a nicely optioned, low mileage, never tracked GT3.

Not sure I really want to let her go. If some one buys her so let it be. They will be one lucky individual. If it does not - than may be I keep her. Every Porsche I have sold I have regretted so why should that change
Don't do it....it makes perfect sense, until it's gone...
Old 12-23-2015, 09:59 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Don't do it....it makes perfect sense, until it's gone...
Sold mine. Bought another 6 weeks later.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:52 AM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Sean and Ruf are right!! Adding a GT4 for the manual option makes sense, but trading one for the other, IMO isn't worth it. You will miss the 3. Ask me how I know...I went from a GT3>GT4>GT3RS in three months because I missed my 3 so much.

Good luck!
Old 12-24-2015, 09:27 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car777
Sean and Ruf are right!! Adding a GT4 for the manual option makes sense, but trading one for the other, IMO isn't worth it. You will miss the 3. Ask me how I know...I went from a GT3>GT4>GT3RS in three months because I missed my 3 so much. Good luck!
You sold the GT4? I'm going to keep both for awhile I've learned that I do have regrets so better to just take the financial hit than get hit with regret!
Old 12-24-2015, 11:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
iirc , I told u u will be back
NO ONE ESCAPES THE 911 HABIT.
surgeon general and DEA should put label on these things.

u should re think seriously.
it will only cost u more.
mark my words

I bought 996gt3 13x
997gt3/rs 10x
I'm smarter now after some very LARGE LOSSES
we in CA pay tax on full amount of used cars, not just in difference! each car is EASILY 30000 in loss. sometimes 50000

don't be a fool like mooty
Old 12-24-2015, 05:00 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
iirc , I told u u will be back
NO ONE ESCAPES THE 911 HABIT.
surgeon general and DEA should put label on these things.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:31 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
But according to your sig you've always had 911s...?

Trading a 996 GT3 for a Boxster S is insanity. I've owned and heavily tracked a Boxster S and raced Spec Boxster for many years (and did well at it).
sales
Old 12-25-2015, 03:54 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the GT4. It's a true Porsche and a fast, fun car. I thoroughly enjoyed driving it. But I wouldn't trade my GT3 for one.

mooty and the other guys are right...think this through very carefully Jimmy. It's always exciting to get a new car, and sometimes the process can dazzle you into a decision that you end up regretting later. I know....I've been there.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:41 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Good thing is i have plenty of time to really make this decision.

I am going to look in to putting a lift in my garage. I am going to check to see how much height I need in my garage. The ultimate goal would be to have both. Since I average about 4000 miles per year now it will just be split between 2 cars. Does it make sense? - absolutely not but that is why it makes perfect sense. Stock market sucked for 2015 and 2016 could be no better. Have the cash so why not just do it. At least I can enjoy driving a slowly depreciating asset than watch my money depreciate on my computer
Old 12-25-2015, 12:06 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread SUCKS without pictures of the car. What is this carbon steering wheel? If it's not by MAcarbon then forget it.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Good thing is i have plenty of time to really make this decision.

I am going to look in to putting a lift in my garage. I am going to check to see how much height I need in my garage. The ultimate goal would be to have both. Since I average about 4000 miles per year now it will just be split between 2 cars. Does it make sense? - absolutely not but that is why it makes perfect sense. Stock market sucked for 2015 and 2016 could be no better. Have the cash so why not just do it. At least I can enjoy driving a slowly depreciating asset than watch my money depreciate on my computer
Actually a flat range stock market is fantastic. It makes predicting the moves so easy if it's range driven. If 2016 is range driven....great! You easily can make 8-10% going up and going down each time, and just play that range all year.

Quick Reply: My 991 GT3 for sale