Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How much was your RS? Is it PTS?
Under MSRP, my name has Porsche in it
5.56%
MSRP
70.37%
$1-25K over
6.48%
$26-50K over
2.78%
$51-75K over
2.78%
$76-100K over
2.78%
$101-125K over
3.70%
$126-150K over
0%
$151K+ over
1.85%
Standard color (white, GT silver, LO, UV)
39.81%
PTS quick ship option (miami blue, racing yellow, black)
1.85%
PTS
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How much did you pay for your RS, is it PTS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015 | 03:12 AM
consolidated
Drifting

From Automobile Magazine, they're reading RL.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ant-an-e-type/

The new car situation is trickier. Brands such as Porsche need to vigilantly enforce their VIP programs. If a VIP or a dealer breaks the rules, the manufacturer must come down on him hard. Porsche has penalties in place for the dealers—two future vehicle allocations of equal demand will be pulled from the offender. But the profit margin when selling a hot product early in the game can make the loss of future vehicle allocations worthwhile.
If Porsche isn’t sufficiently penalizing dealerships, at least the online forums are doing a pretty good job of exposing dealers that charge obscene markups and aren’t being honest or fair.
Old 12-17-2015 | 03:31 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

An auction with a reserve not met means the seller doesn't have to sell at the bid price. So what's the point of bidding?

An auction should be exactly that: an auction. Start it at the lowest price you're willing to accept. Otherwise nobody will take it seriously since its generally a waste of their time. It's like a "feeler" thread.

At least that's how I feel about it. With no reserve, the bidder can see the current price it will sell at and decide if they want to go a little higher to get it. This IMO is what drives the frenzy / excitement to actually push the price up...

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
For my education, why do say that? Top end a joke yes. But bottom end, those are real bids. Your point is that they won't really pay? Or they know the reserve is so high that they aren't serious?

Here is a sold auction at $363 for a lava RS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=111839986978

And another lava $329. Both of these $100k over
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=272008338153
Old 12-17-2015 | 03:50 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by consolidated
From Automobile Magazine, they're reading RL.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ant-an-e-type/
Interesting...so if that article is true and PCNA grows some ***** they pull 12+ future RS cars from the #1 stealership in the US (Auto Gallery). Wonder if PCNA knows that they were dialing for RSs around the country like a bunch of hungry trolls too. One can only dream that those Auto Gallery fockers have some bad things coming to them in the future.
Old 12-17-2015 | 03:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
An auction with a reserve not met means the seller doesn't have to sell at the bid price. So what's the point of bidding?

An auction should be exactly that: an auction. Start it at the lowest price you're willing to accept. Otherwise nobody will take it seriously since its generally a waste of their time. It's like a "feeler" thread.

At least that's how I feel about it. With no reserve, the bidder can see the current price it will sell at and decide if they want to go a little higher to get it. This IMO is what drives the frenzy / excitement to actually push the price up...
Most all of those auction sellers on Ebay are just looking to see if they can find a sucker who's willing to pay more than $100k over for their cars. In my eyes, they aren't really sellers just fishermen of sucker fish. Let's see where we stand in 9-12 months after all of the RSs have been delivered.
Old 12-17-2015 | 08:57 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I'm personal friends with an owner of a high end exotic dealer. It's not a Porsche dealer, and I can't say who.... But I do know, for a fact that he has really sold 4 RS in the last 4 months for 100-150k over. Those sales are real. They might be rich idiots who buy them but it's not speculation. They are trading that high, for now. These cars aren't just being offered at stupid prices, the sales are real, and this is just one dealer.
I believe it!
It's that time in production. Hopefully they don't feel to bad when they are being picked up for MSRP towards end of production.
Same thing happened with 991gt3 and gt4.
Still curious to see if PCNA will pull allocations for the dealers that have new cars sitting in lots and asking crazy money.
I still think the allocations meant for Asia/China will end up in the US.
Old 12-17-2015 | 11:07 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I believe it!
It's that time in production. Hopefully they don't feel to bad when they are being picked up for MSRP towards end of production.
Same thing happened with 991gt3 and gt4.
Still curious to see if PCNA will pull allocations for the dealers that have new cars sitting in lots and asking crazy money.
I still think the allocations meant for Asia/China will end up in the US.
Agree - I think that is where some of the second round allocations came from.

It does seem that PCNA is looking for dealers to confirm customers/deposits this time around too. Same seems to be applying to the 911R - I had to give my dealer a deposit a few months ago and it's not something he normally asks for from me until the car is V200+.
Old 12-17-2015 | 11:19 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
"i passed at 100k over and got a 675LT instead"
Pics please?!
Old 12-17-2015 | 11:24 AM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by goin2drt
As I assumed not many paying the alleged "market" price that everyone is applauding these stealers for listing their RS's at. Yes there are stupid people and stupid people with more money than sense so I am sure some are being sold at these ridiculous prices but not many on this forum. Great job and nice work.
If one has the money and the car is worth it to them, than who gives a **** what they pay for it. Has nothing to do with more money than sense. Likely they just have more money than those bitching about their lack of sense.

If I had the money and wanted the car bad enough, I would pay over msrp.

Other RS owners should be happy, it's increasing their cars value. I know I was happy when I sold my gt3 and how well it kept its value.
Old 12-17-2015 | 11:31 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I'm personal friends with an owner of a high end exotic dealer. It's not a Porsche dealer, and I can't say who....

But I do know, for a fact that he has really sold 4 RS in the last 4 months for 100-150k over. Those sales are real. They might be rich idiots whAo buy them but it's not speculation. They are trading that high, for now. These cars aren't just being offered at stupid prices, the sales are real, and this is just one dealer.
And we all have examples of folks buying these for MSRP up to only $50k over. Those sales are real as well. From this forum alone 80% have been bought for MSRP OR LOWER. That percent doesn't change all that much.

Again it is the folks that probably own the RS that are perpetuating the hype that the real value is +$100k over, I would as well. The fact of the matter your statement "they are trading that high, for now" should be changed to "a FEW are trading that high because of a few suckers with more money than sense" because it is NOT the majority. You could also do the same for just about any limited production car. A few is not the majority.
Old 12-17-2015 | 02:57 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
If one has the money and the car is worth it to them, than who gives a **** what they pay for it. Has nothing to do with more money than sense. Likely they just have more money than those bitching about their lack of sense. If I had the money and wanted the car bad enough, I would pay over msrp. Other RS owners should be happy, it's increasing their cars value. I know I was happy when I sold my gt3 and how well it kept its value.
This is Rennlist, an enthusiasts site for Porsche lovers. Some of us are just trying to balance the news feed that is provided. I could care less for the guy that pays $100k over for an RS. What would hurt is if someone is sitting here reading and decides that he has no chance based on the information. I'm not saying the mark up is made up. BUT, if you are serious about buying, now is a good time to contact dealers that want to sell you a car. Speak to your dealer and and make it clear to tell them to pass it on to PCNA and chances are you will get a car.
Old 12-17-2015 | 03:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
If one has the money and the car is worth it to them, than who gives a **** what they pay for it. Has nothing to do with more money than sense. Likely they just have more money than those bitching about their lack of sense.

If I had the money and wanted the car bad enough, I would pay over msrp.

Other RS owners should be happy, it's increasing their cars value. I know I was happy when I sold my gt3 and how well it kept its value.
This.

I don't get the bitching about the buyers, just sour grapes. For some $400K is no more than a fun weekend away with the family. Their money, who cares.
I paid over MSRP for a used 4.0 and sold it over MSRP. If I sell this one it will be over MSRP.

I do get the bitching that dealers get to sell over MSRP, not allowed in Germany for example.

Us obsessed with all things GT3 (and now GT4) were in line for years.
Than the 918 guys were offered to cut in line and the few leftover allocations have been offered at 100k over since day one by all local dealers.

And now there are none left barring another fresh round of RS allocations which could happen.

I will never buy a new car from one of the local dealers that al wanted 100K and more over MSRP for an RS.
They would probably give me 10% discount on the Macan but I ordered the Macan from the dealer that sold me the 2010 and 2016RS at MSRP and I paid MSRP for the Macan as well, I didn't even ask for a discount.

I will buy new cars from this dealership only the rest of my life. I found a GT4 allocation but first asked "permission" from my sales guy before I proceeded.
Old 12-17-2015 | 03:57 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
This is Rennlist, an enthusiasts site for Porsche lovers. Some of us are just trying to balance the news feed that is provided. I could care less for the guy that pays $100k over for an RS. What would hurt is if someone is sitting here reading and decides that he has no chance based on the information. I'm not saying the mark up is made up. BUT, if you are serious about buying, now is a good time to contact dealers that want to sell you a car. Speak to your dealer and and make it clear to tell them to pass it on to PCNA and chances are you will get a car.
There are plenty as one can tell from the voting on this thread that got their RS at MSRP, hell my friend got his RS at MSRP, so I know first hand. I also know my dealer sold their RS allocations at MSRP. Yes there are exceptions as we are seeing, at it appears the cars are selling at these big increases over MSRP, but its not the norm and not that uncommon as others have stated when a new car with alot of hype first launches. Hell, some of these POS j/k well partly vetts/350's ect first launched, were way over MSRP as well, just the nature of the current market in general currently.

Once the frenzy dies down, the cars prices will as well.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
This.

I don't get the bitching about the buyers, just sour grapes. For some $400K is no more than a fun weekend away with the family. Their money, who cares.
I paid over MSRP for a used 4.0 and sold it over MSRP. If I sell this one it will be over MSRP.

I do get the bitching that dealers get to sell over MSRP, not allowed in Germany for example.

Us obsessed with all things GT3 (and now GT4) were in line for years.
Than the 918 guys were offered to cut in line and the few leftover allocations have been offered at 100k over since day one by all local dealers.

And now there are none left barring another fresh round of RS allocations which could happen.

I will never buy a new car from one of the local dealers that al wanted 100K and more over MSRP for an RS.
They would probably give me 10% discount on the Macan but I ordered the Macan from the dealer that sold me the 2010 and 2016RS at MSRP and I paid MSRP for the Macan as well, I didn't even ask for a discount.

I will buy new cars from this dealership only the rest of my life. I found a GT4 allocation but first asked "permission" from my sales guy before I proceeded.
Well put and agreed
Old 12-17-2015 | 04:05 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

It shouldn't be this annoying/hard to spend 200k on a car that porsche has not marked as a limited edition numbered car.
Old 12-17-2015 | 07:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by poofyo101
It shouldn't be this annoying/hard to spend 200k on a car that porsche has not marked as a limited edition numbered car.
Dealers like Auto Gallery buying allocations from other dealerships doesn't help things as well as the 918 VIP program. Looks like demand is getting close to getting satisfied with the GT4 cars with probably about 1,500 US cars. Sounds like there have been about 900-1,000 US RS allocations handed out (not delivered) so I don't get the crazy $100k+ mark ups. I'm hoping they release another 300-500 allocations next year.
Old 12-18-2015 | 04:43 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Dealers like Auto Gallery buying allocations from other dealerships doesn't help things as well as the 918 VIP program. Looks like demand is getting close to getting satisfied with the GT4 cars with probably about 1,500 US cars. Sounds like there have been about 900-1,000 US RS allocations handed out (not delivered) so I don't get the crazy $100k+ mark ups. I'm hoping they release another 300-500 allocations next year.
My understanding is about 700 came to US of 2000 total. There will be no more allocations of this 991.1 RS. What might be driving the price even higher is the rumor that 991.2 will all be turbo.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your RS, is it PTS?