Sponsored by:

what you guys using as a daily car? i'm NOT using my GT3 often

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 04:25 PM
pelo911
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pazzo009
Thank you, it's called Moonstone. It's a "individual" color.

Yes, that is my E36 M3 track car. In some ways, its more fun than the GT3 on the track.

The M4 and the M6 are in two different hemispheres. When I owned the GT3 and the M4, I missed the luxury appointments provided by the M5 which I had prior to the M4. This is why I ordered it. I could put a baby seat in it if necessary, and it's comfortable and quiet. Plus, I put a really cool intake and JB4 on it. The spooling is louder than the exhaust and it should be around 650hp. In regards to handling, there is no comparison. The M4 is very light feeling and I wish I got a chance to track it, but the M5/M6 do feel heavy and that has always been it's biggest complaint. However, for me, I already have a car that handles exceptionally well so I enjoy my M6 as a cruiser.
650Hp !! wow that's crazy

so for you the M5 it's similar idea compare to my Macan Turbo
very very good daily driving car with enough power and less care about "fun to drive"

the E36 M3 it's a fantastic car.
that's a super great idea , to have dedicate track car
i wish to have Ariel Atom or something similar , i really enjoy the basic and raw cars , lightweight.
when i was 20 years old my first car was Clio 172 MK1 , i added Bilstien suspension , on the twisty roads i loved this car so much
high rev engine , great steering and handling , 1000 KG , everything feel so live and direct.
i think one of the best FWD car ever.

i care mostly about "fun to drive"
M2 could be nice , but i don't like the look and don't like that the weight almost same as M4
M4 come with S55 engine , and i can get Dinan ECU 500Hp
i just not sure if the M4 it's a fun car to drive
i went to the BMW dealership with my GT3 , they have Policy that no one can test drive the M cars
that's very very stupid.

i have 2013 335i , the lease will end in 2 month
i really like it , great engine
but i think it's too big and heavy.

my brother have 528i 2011 , i really hate this car , Zero "feeling"
too big , too heavy , numb steering.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:31 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
Is it the newest one that just came out? Those are pretty nice. Hard to find a vehicle that you can abuse that will hold value better than Tacoma. I dd a 14 cayenne tts. Sometimes I wish I had something I didn't car about near as much.
Yea brand new and really great, I had a Jeep Wrangler but it was very unreliable and the Tacomas seem to be bullet proof I hope this one is as well! Really like the improvements and the fuel injection was worth the change by itself. No regrets getting rid of the GTS it was just too nice and I treated like a babe so couldn't really use it that much.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:34 PM
levd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
What I don't understand is how can you do that in bumper to bumper traffic on a highway or narrow pothole streets in a downtown area, or muddy soccer cleats with the kids. Maybe this has everything to do with what your commute and routine is.
I think you're right and it depends on lifestyle a lot.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:35 PM
levd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Do whatever makes you happy. We are lucky to be in this position.
Spot on. We are lucky, you're right.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by pelo911

i went to the BMW dealership with my GT3 , they have Policy that no one can test drive the M cars
that's very very stupid.

Thats odd that they didn't let you drive one.... I test drove an M4 twice before ordering one. But it was used, so maybe thats why.

I've had my M4 for about a month. Its certainly not as fun as my GT3 but I really like it so far as a DD. Tons of torque, handles well, the CCB's are very good, Harmon Kardon stereo is pretty good (not as good as Burmester), seats fit pretty well and I think will be comfortable enough for a road trip. It has just enough comfort vs sportiness for me.

I'm not a big fan of turbo engines but there isn't much else to choose from within this class of cars. And the exhaust note is terrible.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default I am going with a MY2016 face-lifted Audi RS7...

all the Audi RS cars are awesome...if I was going to drop $100k on a daily driver sedan,
I would probably go that route.
That is what I am doing. After nearly four years with a Mini 'John Cooper Works' as a daily
driver (which has served us well), we decided to custom order a 'Nardo Gray' RS7 with
everything required to meet our 'simple' needs - adaptive cruise control, heads up display,
front & side cameras & safety sensors, ventilated & massage 'Comfort' seating, four doors,
massive trunk space and...560 hp & 516 lb-ft!

It will also come with the sportier 'Dynamic Package' which offers 'Dynamic Ride Control,
(which replaces the standard softer/less precise 'Air Suspension'), Sport Exhaust, Dynamic
Steering & bright 'red' brake calipers like those in the Porsche 911 'S' models! It's scheduled
to be built week 5 of calendar 2016 and will looks something like the photo below!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-30-2015, 06:09 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
That is what I am doing. After nearly four years with a Mini 'John Cooper Works' as a daily
driver (which has served us well), we decided to custom order a 'Nardo Gray' RS7 with
everything required to meet our 'simple' needs - adaptive cruise control, heads up display,
front & side cameras & safety sensors, ventilated & massage 'Comfort' seating, four doors,
massive trunk space and...560 hp & 516 lb-ft!

It will also come with the sportier 'Dynamic Package' which offers 'Dynamic Ride Control,
(which replaces the standard softer/less precise 'Air Suspension'), Sport Exhaust, Dynamic
Steering & bright 'red' brake calipers like those in the Porsche 911 'S' models! It's scheduled
to be built week 5 of calendar 2016 and will looks something like the photo below!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
that's a winning formula... I loved my 03 RS6 and my 08 RS4... BMW lost me from a style/engineering standpoint around 2004... I think that the Audis have by far the best styling and interior and Quattro is just awesome, nothing else comes close... combined with a torquey engine, you will be like a spider scurrying around curves... I'm jealous... that's the one I would buy and I love your color choice...

the AMGs are still awesome also, and probably a close second choice for me.... they do a better job with keeping a fun sounding exhaust and a bit more of the boyish muscle car feel... but $ for $, Audi RS is special. Congrats!
Old 10-30-2015, 07:29 PM
pelo911
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's a winning formula... I loved my 03 RS6 and my 08 RS4... BMW lost me from a style/engineering standpoint around 2004... I think that the Audis have by far the best styling and interior and Quattro is just awesome, nothing else comes close... combined with a torquey engine, you will be like a spider scurrying around curves... I'm jealous... that's the one I would buy and I love your color choice...

the AMGs are still awesome also, and probably a close second choice for me.... they do a better job with keeping a fun sounding exhaust and a bit more of the boyish muscle car feel... but $ for $, Audi RS is special. Congrats!
i always like BMW more then MB and Audi
BMW more involving cars to drive
Audi felt too safe with the Quattro , and if you push hard - a lot of understeer.
but i guess now it's changed ?
many people getting Audi over MB and BMW.
"car and driver" like them also and chose them "editor choice in few categories.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:08 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i always like BMW more then MB and Audi
BMW more involving cars to drive
Audi felt too safe with the Quattro , and if you push hard - a lot of understeer.
but i guess now it's changed ?
many people getting Audi over MB and BMW.
"car and driver" like them also and chose them "editor choice in few categories.
I agree that was true, until around 2005 when they started "Bangleizing" everything with the swoopy designs. Then they started turbocharging and then they started synthesizing fake exhaust noise and processing it through the M5 speakers and that was just the last straw for me. I did love my E46 M3. But that was long ago. And now they are too turbo/soft and way to mainstream to be as fun. Just my opinion. I think that if you are after fun, the AMG cars are a hoot. If you are after some fun/some sophistication and just the feeling of being able to obliterate all roads under all conditions at whatever power/speed you want, then its hard to beat an RS Quattro car
Old 10-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

650Hp !! wow that's crazy

so for you the M5 it's similar idea compare to my Macan Turbo
very very good daily driving car with enough power and less care about "fun to drive"

the E36 M3 it's a fantastic car.
that's a super great idea , to have dedicate track car
i wish to have Ariel Atom or something similar , i really enjoy the basic and raw cars , lightweight.
when i was 20 years old my first car was Clio 172 MK1 , i added Bilstien suspension , on the twisty roads i loved this car so much
high rev engine , great steering and handling , 1000 KG , everything feel so live and direct.
i think one of the best FWD car ever.

i care mostly about "fun to drive"
M2 could be nice , but i don't like the look and don't like that the weight almost same as M4
M4 come with S55 engine , and i can get Dinan ECU 500Hp
that's very very stupid.

i have 2013 335i , the lease will end in 2 month
i really like it , great engine
but i think it's too big and heavy.

my brother have 528i 2011 , i really hate this car , Zero "feeling"
too big , too heavy , numb steering.
Yeah if you have if you have the time and a track within reasonable distance, it makes sense to get a track dedicated car. I love to track my GT3, but it's a little nerve racking obviously. I push myself a little more in the M3. Plus it's manual so that adds some challenge. That M3 is fully gutted, with full cage. I'm told by the previous owner that it should be around 300 at the wheels, so its pretty fast. Whats more interesting is that I'm only 4-5 seconds faster in the GT3.

Pulling into a BMW dealer in a GT3, and assuming you're an adult, I'm really surprised they didn't allow a test drive. Really stupid on their behalf. I can't say anything bad about it really, but personally I think the exhaust sounds horrendous (even with aftermarket setups) and it rode rough after I lowered it. That's usually a given, but this was very rough. It didn't have the adaptive dampening option because I didn't spec it. I never drove the E92 M3, but the M4 is lighter and faster, and more tunable. You can get into the 550hp range very easily and reliably.

Figure out a way to test drive the M3/M4. Even if you liked the M2, I'm not sure when they're arriving and they will be scooped up. Otherwise, I would look into the C class AMG's
Attached Images   
Old 10-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

IThen they started turbocharging and then they started synthesizing fake exhaust noise and processing it through the M5 speakers and that was just the last straw for me.
I agree. I experienced that in my F10 M5. I had the E60 M5 with that awesome sounding V10, and then I got that and I was like; Umm Okay, this is really fast, but wheres the engine? Oh, there it is, its coming from my speaker. I had that "feature" shut off with coding.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:02 PM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that's a winning formula... I loved my 03 RS6 and my 08 RS4... BMW lost me from a style/engineering standpoint around 2004... I think that the Audis have by far the best styling and interior and Quattro is just awesome, nothing else comes close... combined with a torquey engine, you will be like a spider scurrying around curves... I'm jealous... that's the one I would buy and I love your color choice... the AMGs are still awesome also, and probably a close second choice for me.... they do a better job with keeping a fun sounding exhaust and a bit more of the boyish muscle car feel... but $ for $, Audi RS is special. Congrats!
I love my RS5, it is deceptively evil. The shifts could be faster but with my AWE down pipes it sounds great at 8,250rpm. Very nose heavy but I think it is a great car.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
That is what I am doing. After nearly four years with a Mini 'John Cooper Works' as a daily driver (which has served us well), we decided to custom order a 'Nardo Gray' RS7 with everything required to meet our 'simple' needs - adaptive cruise control, heads up display, front & side cameras & safety sensors, ventilated & massage 'Comfort' seating, four doors, massive trunk space and...560 hp & 516 lb-ft! It will also come with the sportier 'Dynamic Package' which offers 'Dynamic Ride Control, (which replaces the standard softer/less precise 'Air Suspension'), Sport Exhaust, Dynamic Steering & bright 'red' brake calipers like those in the Porsche 911 'S' models! It's scheduled to be built week 5 of calendar 2016 and will looks something like the photo below! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Do the APR ECU tune. With just a reflash the car will make 674hp/700tq on 93 octane and 728hp/744tq on 100. It's great stock, but every time I reflash it after service I'm just dumbfounded by the increase. With 100 octane you can break the tires free for a second if you accelerate hard at 60mph. We have a quarter mile strip near where I live and someone ran a 10.6s 1/4 mile with just the APR tune and no other modifications.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:06 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

look like most of the people here using "regular" cars for DD
Hahah.. "regular"?! I clicked this thread because I am in the market for a new daily driver to replace my A4, but because (1) I am a "mere mortal" and can't afford *another* expensive car (other than the 997 I just bought) and (2) I have a crappy, bumpy, sometimes snowy and ALWAYS pot-hole-filled NJ/Philly commute, I am looking for an affordable DD -- which for me at this time is around $30k.

So it's quite amusing to me that 95% of people in this thread are suggesting DDs that cost more than the annual salary of 80% of the people in this country...

Originally Posted by karimgt3

Another RS..
Nice! You in Beirut? I was born there and my dad still lives there...
Cheers.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:00 AM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

2014 Cayenne GTS
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: what you guys using as a daily car? i'm NOT using my GT3 often