Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015 | 07:36 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PowerOut
Hey, I'm thinking of purchasing a 991 GT3 as my first Porsche. It will be the first car ive spent so much on. I would want to use it as a daily so I wanted to hear peoples experiences that actually use their car ever day. Has anyone put a lot of miles on one?

Also, I've noticed that used GT3's seem to be more than building on on the website? Is this due having all the extras or because of another reason? The one i had built on the site had quite a few extras and seemed a good 20k cheaper than buying used.
My plan was to drive the GT3 on weekends and drive a 350z during the weekdays. That plan failed when it became apparent how much nicer, better, quicker...you get the idea, it is over than the z. Less than a year since delivery, I'm at close to 11k miles on it so, it was pretty close to a daily driver. Knowing the z was done, I decided to gift the z and buy a Cayenne GTS for my daily drive. I no longer have an excuse to drive the GT3 as much as I did and I might actually go back to the plan of driving her on the weekends.

You can daily the GT3. But, you'll feel bad in traffic. There is no point in driving the car in daily traffic commute, at least in LA. She's meant to be driven hard and fast and that's probably the only reason I can think of her not being run daily. Good luck on getting a GT3.

Dan (comments the GT3 was his first Porsche too)
Old 10-02-2015 | 08:53 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Living in LA and driving my GT3 with PCCBs and 18 ways as a DD and any other use I can think of ....and loving every minute of it. I guess it depends really what you want in a DD. I have no interest in plush quiet smoothness. For me the GT3 as a DD feels like a race horse straining at the bit--which is just the kind of buzz I'm looking for to de-monotonize the DD. YMMV
Old 10-03-2015 | 09:40 AM
est8esq
Racer

Originally Posted by calpolo17
I thought my GTR was much more clunky/unrefined than my GT3.
+1
Old 10-03-2015 | 10:57 AM
jmitias
5th Gear

I truly love my 991 GT3 and is pretty comfortable for street driving. At speed it is difficult to hear people on the bluetooth and vice versa due to road and engine noise so carrying out business in it is not practical. The bucket seats are amazing for the track but flex your shoulders forward so get uncomfortable after a half hour of driving.

If you are doing track days then definitely get it. If strictly street driving I would strongly consider the GTS. I'll bet that that the people closer to 50 or over(me) will tell you to get the GTS and those closer to 40 will tell you to get the GT3. Being an absolute car/track nut, friends ask me what is the best sports car in the world and I point at my GT3. That surprises them since I have an Italia but it is simply a stunning achievement. There is nothing that can take all the abuse you throw at it, and just keep going.

I use my Panamera Turbo as my DD so take everything I said with grain of salt and understand that I have gotten soft!
Old 10-04-2015 | 09:16 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Default GT3 daily driving

First time poster - nothing scientific here but for some reason I am on a higher level of alert/caution when I drive my GT3 around. My daily driver is a 2016 TTS cab or cayenne turbo s (also 2016) so I'm fortunate in my garage choice. The two much higher value cars just easier mentally for me to hit the grocery store or office.
Old 10-04-2015 | 09:19 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MS7044
First time poster - nothing scientific here but for some reason I am on a higher level of alert/caution when I drive my GT3 around. My daily driver is a 2016 TTS cab or cayenne turbo s (also 2016) so I'm fortunate in my garage choice. The two much higher value cars just easier mentally for me to hit the grocery store or office.
Welcome aboard.
Old 10-04-2015 | 10:38 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Thank you. Great Forum.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying GT3