Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black RS and White RS at Werks Reunion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 11:05 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Some nice cars at the HRE booth. Here are a few pics I took.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
GR looks nice Mike but as you well know white is always way faster
Hi Kamal, Nick (doubleurx) and I were kidding each other about that again today at the event. His is white too, of course.....

It wasn't my intent, but by coincidence every other car in that shot is white, gray, black, or white again. We can "argue" about which is fastest on the road but in a sea of white cars it's definitely faster to find a red one!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:09 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

^+1. The GR GT3 is the best looking of the 3.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by riotgear
Some nice cars at the HRE booth. Here are a few pics I took.

Nice shots!

That Carmine Red 991 GT3 was very attractive. The owner had 325/25/21's on the rear and the car looked lowered to boot. I couldn't get my finger between the rear tire and the fender lip; almost made me wonder if the car was just for display on those wheels as I don't see how it could be driven without rubbing.

I also like the red CL bolts but thought that the correct version for the 991 CL's weren't available yet in red and that those must be from a 997. Was hoping to talk to the owner but never saw anyone. Maybe he/she will see this and comment.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:20 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 230 Posts

If that car is the car I think it is, I believe you are correct with regards to the red CL's. And maybe they lowered it for the display only?
Old 08-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
There's a Lava one sitting over at Exotics on Canary Row if anyone wants to see it
Cannery Row is in Monterey. Canary Wharf is in London. And the Spanish islands with that name are off the coast of Africa (ear southern Morocco)!

http://www.exoticsoncanneryrow.com

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 08-15-2015, 10:08 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

I've been telling people an all black RS would be insanely badass with the wide body and flares...and now they finally see...lol. White looks good but a bit boring to me given how wild the car is IMHO. To each their own of course.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:21 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Wish I could have been there this year Mike! I would have helped you increase the #'s of GR GT3's. Looked like another perfect day in Monterey.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by montoya
Wish I could have been there this year Mike! I would have helped you increase the #'s of GR GT3's. Looked like another perfect day in Monterey.
It was a gorgeous day;, no fog (even overnight) and warm temps. Missed seeing you Andre; looking forward to RRV!
Old 08-15-2015, 12:03 PM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what colors are they offering the RS in now. I don't see black as an option in the porsche configurator but clearly it is. I hope they eventually offer agate gray!
Old 08-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Mike: Where there any 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' or 'Fashion Grey' gt3s at the Werks Reunion? Unfortunately I was a The Quail and missed the Porsche event!

Originally Posted by nycjwi
so what colors are they offering the RS in now.
If memory serves me right...'White' & 'GT Silver' as standard (no cost) and 'Lava Orange' & 'Ultraviolet'* as special colors (US$ 3140). If you were eligible/approved for Paint To Sample, you have a choice of your approved color or 'Black', 'Racing Yellow' or 'Miami Blue'. The last three colors are expedited/'fast track' PTS colors for the RS and also cost US$ 5500 on the RS. If you choose these last three colors, your PTS order will be 'filled' quicker than if you stay with your original PTS color, assuming that original PTS color had been specifically approved for PTS on the RS model.

But then, I could be wrong about all of the above. It gets confusing at times!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*'Ultraviolet' will not be possible to do if your build is after November 2015. We don't know if they will give us another 'special color' to choose from or...anything else.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:53 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for posting, Mike. If my GT3 wasn't white, I would have ordered it. If I wasn't impatient, I would have waited for PTS and ordered black, very menacing and DRKSIDE license plate would have topped a black LED optioned car nicely.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Z356
Mike: Where there any 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' or 'Fashion Grey' gt3s at the Werks Reunion? Unfortunately I was a The Quail and missed the Porsche event!
Hi Eduardo, no SG or FG that I saw. There was a 991 GT3 that was in what I could swear was Ruby Red Metallic, the same color as my old '84 Carrera. Ruby Red has more of a burgundy tint than Arena Red if memory serves and this car looked exactly like that. I'm kicking myself now for not taking a photo for your expert analysis!
Old 08-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Default Lava Orange at Laguna

I saw this LO car near the Canepa Motorsports tent in the paddock at the Rolex Reunion this morning. As I walked up to it, the color seemed somewhat richer than I expected. Then I realized I had on my polarized sunglasses and removing them lightened the color a couple of shades and to the naked eye some of the "milky-ness" I'd seen in pics showed itself. It's easy to see how a polarizing filter could make a big difference in how LO looks in certain photos. Still, it's a better color in person, in bright sunlight at least, than I anticipated.

I think maybe more than most other colors, the attractivness of LO is going to be affected by lighting.
Attached Images       
Old 08-15-2015, 06:21 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

II agree, Mikes GT3 looks the best between all these cars. as far as RS color goes, after UV the LO looks the best. The problem with black cant see the lines. My .7 GT3 was black, 991 white so it be either UV or LO when the allocation fiasco is resolved. Keep those pictures coming boys.

Quick Reply: Black RS and White RS at Werks Reunion