Sponsored by:

RSS Center Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:59 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RSS Center Exhaust Installed

About three weeks ago my long-awaited 2016 GT3 arrived. The car is fantastic (I will post more details and info on the car once I have time to take some pics) and is truly everything I had hoped for. However, the stock exhaust note leaves a lot to be desired. I did a LOT of research on both Rennlist.com and 6Speedonline.com on what exhaust would meet my needs. I definitely wanted something louder than stock yet I wanted to keep the exotic note the GT3 is known for. Fortunately there are a lot of good options/choices for the 991 GT3. I settled on the RSS Center Exhaust due to the fact that it has an X-pipe design that apparently smooths out the exhaust tone somewhat yet retains a very exotic sound. I also really liked the tips (you do not use your factory tips like some others) and the fact that it comes in powder coat black, powder coat gray (matches the gray OEM wheel color) or polished. Pretty cool for those looking to change the factory black!

I installed the exhaust with only 150 miles on the car. Install was very straightforward and took about 90 minutes with the use of a lift. Instructions were great. My friend helped a lot and candidly he did 65% of the work. Nonetheless, the install could have gone faster but the OEM exhaust was hot as I drove the car just before we installed the RSS exhaust. I would say on a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is the easiest I would rate this as a 5 or 6. Basic hand tools are all that is really needed. The tips lined up great and the installed product looks amazing!

Now for the sound. Holy cow! It’s amazing! I wish I had a GoPro to take some video but it is exactly what I was looking for. The car sounds so damn good at 5k-9k rpm. It’s addicting. You do hear a few burbles here and there which I really like. NO DRONE. The other nice thing is that it is quiet enough while driving around my neighborhood so I don’t become “that guy.” My wife who is sometimes sensitive to loud cars actually prefers the sound to the OEM. To her it makes the car that much more fun which makes me very happy. Overall I would say it is a great value and Mike at RSS was a pleasure to deal with. BTW, I have ZERO affiliation with Mike or RSS. I’m just a car nut who loves to tinker and think his product is awesome and wanted to share.

Next up is the RSS 940-XC Series 4pt. Roll Bar in silver to match my silver seat backs! http://rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss-940xc...i-2208482.aspx

Adam
Old 08-10-2015, 07:52 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool. 😎

RSS looks like a great product. Understated IMO.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:19 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

Did you consider Sharky?
Old 08-10-2015, 10:06 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You already rev to 9K with just 150 miles on the car?
Old 08-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 535 Posts

Thought it was 2000 furlongs
Old 12-22-2015, 10:44 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought mine from Mike tonight. Can't wait for the x-pipe to arrive. Glad you said it was a pretty easy install. I do have a bendpak lift in my garage which should make it a bit easier. Any hiccups or advice on the installation???
Old 12-22-2015, 11:34 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

I just installed my sharkwerks system myself a couple nights ago. The hardest part is getting to the top bolts in the side muffler pipe flanges that are above the main flanges if the center muffler. Once you get those free, it's not bad at all. I also had to run grab an E12 at a parts store to get the side muffler mounting brackets loose.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:07 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who like the high pitch exotic car wail at the top, this is the solution. I've had mine for over 9 months now and I enjoy it the sound every time.

Quick Reply: RSS Center Exhaust Installed