Sponsored by:

Lava Orange now in the GT3 configurator

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:17 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I obtained a sample of tangerine (018) from paintscratch.com which lists the color under 1969 Porsche paints. I have just ordered Lava Orange (H2) from them so I can photograph two paint samples together. I did compare the official Porsche dealer sample I placed on the Boxster next to my tangerine painted bottle cap for comparison and they are within a shade of each other. I did not think to photograph the two since it seemed obvious to me that Lava Orange is a modern, two stage, version of the old single stage tangerine. I will photograph the two touch up paints together on the same piece of high gloss paper for comparison.
Thanks for this. Looking forward to your follow-up. And I certainly didn't mean any offense by agreeing with Nizer and suggesting the colors look different. I have not seen lava orange in person but it looks absolutely brilliant from the photos and videos I've seen! I've been a fan from day one.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:06 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Thanks for this. Looking forward to your follow-up. And I certainly didn't mean any offense by agreeing with Nizer and suggesting the colors look different. I have not seen lava orange in person but it looks absolutely brilliant from the photos and videos I've seen! I've been a fan from day one.
No problem. I always want to post factual information and not just throw stuff out there because it's the internet. There's so much misleading and half truthful stuff around I don't want to add to it! I'll post the lava and tangerine together when I get the Lava touch up bottle. They are not identical to be sure, I think the Lava is a shade or two lighter, but they are clearly very similar red-orange hues.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:17 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

For those who may still be interested. Tangerine vs Lava Orange
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2015, 07:31 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks. Tangerine looks lighter and more orange in the photo. In real life is that so?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome thanks for the comparison. Tangerine is one of my favorite Porsche colors of all time. Lava is very close
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks. Tangerine looks lighter and more orange in the photo. In real life is that so?
Agree.

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Awesome thanks for the comparison. Tangerine is one of my favorite Porsche colors of all time. Lava is very close
Tangerine is also one of my all-time favorites. But from that sample comparison, I like lava better.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:03 PM
DuckieRS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last weekend at Le Mans there was a 991 cabrio in LO. (apparently there were some RS's too, but I didn't get to see them)
Spotted the car going through the village of Arnage and it passed me (twice) on the 'autoroute' on the way home.
The name is fitting. There's some sort of whiteness (like hot metal / lava) about the orange.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:25 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Odd that some other models had LO available before the GT3. But I can never figure out PAG when it comes to exterior paint issues.
^^^No kidding.

Quick Reply: Lava Orange now in the GT3 configurator