Sponsored by:

RS fun fact...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:41 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
Can't say I agree with your view. How many 2,000 mile trips have you done in your sports car?

If a seat prevents you from driving the car at length, then its the wrong seat, even if that seat is the LWB and you own an RS.

These cars are meant to be driven, not philosophized about.
Great I'm sure I don't hold the popular opinion but nonetheless.....from the outset of GT cars the main purpose was not 2k+trips. They offered only LWB on 918 and they should of done the same for current GT cars including GT4. You want a touring car buy a different 911. Do we use them for long trips, sure we do but again you will never have a track designated car in the lineup that doesn't make some compromises to overall comfort. I'm not putting cadillac seats in an RS because it helps me out for a cross country trip? These car are designed to get out of your driveway and drive to track and drive home and the 991 GT3 certainly is a much more comfortable car on street and you can push the length of trips but as many have pointed out from experience in high velocity corners you compromise at track if you don't have LWBs or an aftermarket alternative. Some will argue they want comfort because they won't track car and ok everyone has a right to buy the car even if they don't track it but that doesn't mean the car needs to apologize about what it was designed for!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Great I'm sure I don't hold the popular opinion but nonetheless.....from the outset of GT cars the main purpose was not 2k+trips. They offered only LWB on 918 and they should of done the same for current GT cars including GT4. You want a touring car buy a different 911. Do we use them for long trips, sure we do but again you will never have a track designated car in the lineup that doesn't make some compromises to overall comfort. I'm not putting cadillac seats in an RS because it helps me out for a cross country trip? These car are designed to get out of your driveway and drive to track and drive home and the 991 GT3 certainly is a much more comfortable car on street and you can push the length of trips but as many have pointed out from experience in high velocity corners you compromise at track if you don't have LWBs or an aftermarket alternative. Some will argue they want comfort because they won't track car and ok everyone has a right to buy the car even if they don't track it but that doesn't mean the car needs to apologize about what it was designed for!
Honest question - having buckets, do you feel that you are more deserving of owning a GT3 than those with standard seats?
Old 05-12-2015, 12:26 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Honest question - having buckets, do you feel that you are more deserving of owning a GT3 than those with standard seats?
I wish I had buckets but they weren't on offer for the 14s. My *** is moving all over the place at the track. I feel I am deserving of Buckets...........please??
Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

No but that doesn't change my opinion.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Yes.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:36 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
sounds like when you're able to afford a 918, you're also able to afford unlimited bows of pasta at the Olive Garden as well. that's all. direct cause and affect
The secret to affording 918's and 991RS's is to take advantage of the never ending pasta bowls at Olive Garden.

I used to DD in a Recaro SPG (not XL, I'm asian). Very comfy actually. I took many trips to button willow as well (300+ mile round trip). LWB's on a GT would be a must for me.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:44 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not in the market for a RS so this opinion goes toward a 3 only. I passed on a car with LWB. I'm not tracking my car. I might some day but not something I'm going to do weekly. So for me I wanted a seat that I thought would work better for how I was going to drive my 3. I don't DD it but will take it to the gym, dinner or just a spin to the hills. The 18 ways offer me the adjustability I want plus I can fold the seat forward to put a bag or coat behind me. And I wanted heated seats too. I know many might say get a turbo or GTS but I came from a turbo and wanted something different. Also with a 991 turbo I feel like I would have to modify it to make it look and sound like a 3 comes stock. Different strokes for different folks

Now with all that said, I love the looks of the LWB and if I getting a RS I would probably get them for that car to fit the hardcore of it

Last edited by meaker; 05-12-2015 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Add more
Old 05-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Any idea of retrofit cost for LWB?
Old 05-12-2015, 05:03 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,024 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Any idea of retrofit cost for LWB?
Well, if you have to ask ...

In all seriousness I don't believe Porsche has published the MSRP for the OEM buckets.

But you're probably looking at a well-optioned Toyota Yaris as a starting point.

Quick Reply: RS fun fact...