Sponsored by:

RS fun fact...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015 | 02:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lumber
So you drive your car for 6 hours a day and get in/out 25 times? Or do you drive from point a to point b, getting in/ out 4 times.
"daily" is a broad term...
i DD with a recaro profi hans seat in 7.2RS
35 miles one way into SF financial district. bad traffic. real bad....
wasn't too bad.
before hitting 40, i DD in a lotus exige 40 miles one way.
before that i DD in a full on spec miata with cage and no muffler... that was insane.

it's all relative.

now days i like more lumbar support.
Old 05-10-2015 | 02:02 AM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lax01
People buying the car for the wrong reasons...?
I doubt Clooney will be tracking his RS........
Old 05-10-2015 | 10:19 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

If your one-way daily commute takes 3 hours...you are doing life wrong
Who said anything about commuting? If you're "commuting" to begin with, you're doing life wrong...
Old 05-10-2015 | 01:45 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Who said anything about commuting? If you're "commuting" to begin with, you're doing life wrong...
I guess that depends on your commute. Mine is an 8 mile windy road through the mountains with no traffic or traffic lights. I could work from home, but my office keeps me more focused.
Old 05-10-2015 | 02:15 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Ferrari LWB aren't anything to write home about. They are pretty bad but not as bad as Porsche's.

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would order them at the premium they are charging. They are damn uncomfortable whether getting in or out or sitting in them for any length of time.
Old 05-10-2015 | 05:00 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

I understand we use these cars differently. But it breaks my heart that the 911RS has become a DD cruiser option. I know, I know. They will sell more cars by doing this.... But there are so many Porsche models that are great on the road and perform more than well enough on track. I can see how they offer the gt3 with both buckets and sofas. But the RS should in my opinion only have buckets.
Old 05-11-2015 | 05:19 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I understand we use these cars differently. But it breaks my heart that the 911RS has become a DD cruiser option. I know, I know. They will sell more cars by doing this.... But there are so many Porsche models that are great on the road and perform more than well enough on track. I can see how they offer the gt3 with both buckets and sofas. But the RS should in my opinion only have buckets.
+1

Personally, I do not get the concept of a RS without rollbar and LWB.
Old 05-11-2015 | 09:02 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I can see how they offer the gt3 with both buckets and sofas. But the RS should in my opinion only have buckets.
IMO they should only produce both with LWBs ONLY and you need sign a waiver before delivery to stop all the whining about comfort, otherwise buy a more "comfortable" 911. I'm starting to think they might have gone a little to universal audience with these 991 Gt cars as I was at AJs foods in North Scottsdale and ran into a woman and her kid loading up groceries in frunk of a new GT3....although it was hard to be disappointed for too long, she had super model looks and I of course was grabbing some stuff to load into my 7 RS haha???
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So you drive your car for 6 hours a day and get in/out 25 times? Or do you drive from point a to point b, getting in/ out 4 times.
"daily" is a broad term...
If your one-way daily commute takes 3 hours...you are doing life wrong
And if your daily commute involves getting in and out of your car (any car) 25 times, you are not only doing life wrong, but life is doing you wrong.

Unless of course, you're delivering pizzas for Domino's in your RS. Or 918.
Old 05-12-2015 | 12:35 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

having used both, the sport seats are more comfortable than the LWBs, but the I love carbon fiber, but teh seats squish my ***** so I have to adjust
Old 05-12-2015 | 12:52 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sccchiii
IMO they should only produce both with LWBs ONLY and you need sign a waiver before delivery to stop all the whining about comfort, otherwise buy a more "comfortable" 911. I'm starting to think they might have gone a little to universal audience with these 991 Gt cars as I was at AJs foods in North Scottsdale and ran into a woman and her kid loading up groceries in frunk of a new GT3....although it was hard to be disappointed for too long, she had super model looks and I of course was grabbing some stuff to load into my 7 RS haha???
Can't say I agree with your view. How many 2,000 mile trips have you done in your sports car?

If a seat prevents you from driving the car at length, then its the wrong seat, even if that seat is the LWB and you own an RS.

These cars are meant to be driven, not philosophized about.
Old 05-12-2015 | 01:06 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
Imo daily use is possible with lwb. I drove to Seattle from Vancouver and back last night for dinner with friends then drove downtown today for brunch with my wife and now taking ferry across to our place on Vancouver island. I use it to drive to work, often stopping to pick up groceries on the way home. So at least in out approx 10 times a day or more. Plus we did a road trip from Vancouver to LA and back week before last 3000 miles and many stops). We found the seats comfortable even for 10 hrs of driving in a day. I even fell asleep while my wife drove, they're good enough for that! But that's just how they fit us. Getting in and out is easy enough if you put a hand on the door sill. My wife has figured out how to enter and exit without this but she's more limber than me (I'm not too flexible). Just my experience fwiw. But you'll want to see if they suit you or not.
can she do it in a a skirt?
Old 05-12-2015 | 02:26 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit

Unless of course, you're delivering pizzas for Domino's in your RS. Or 918.

Pizza Hut, but you were close...
Old 05-12-2015 | 03:04 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by dark knight
can she do it in a a skirt?
Yep!
Old 05-12-2015 | 08:09 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by <3mph
Yep!