Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready for Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:34 PM
need a 993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new screen saver!!! Awesome pic. Would make a great poster for the garage! Let me know if I can get a digital copy please.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Mass_K
Advanced

Originally Posted by awew911
Another observation that I made is that my left leg was doing the brunt of the work under heavy breaking. With regular seat belts, I found that my left leg was constantly stiff and pushing up against the dead peddle.

I'm getting my Cantrell Motorsport roll bar tomorrow (finally - 11 days shipping to FL via YRC). I also ordered a left hand and right hand sub bar mounts from him (http://cantrellmotorsport.com/produc...ub-belt-mount/. I'm going to document the installation of the rollbar and the sub bar. Shouldn't be too bad.
I dont necessarily have the leg problem as I lock my seat belt tight against me (doesn't let me slide forward). but I did have the problem that my leg was rubbing against the speaker on driver door aggressively. It was like a cheese grater to my knee, I now have a nice burn mark from it. This might not happen to you. I have very long legs and they are bending even when seat all way back.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Mass_K
I dont necessarily have the leg problem as I lock my seat belt tight against me (doesn't let me slide forward). but I did have the problem that my leg was rubbing against the speaker on driver door aggressively. It was like a cheese grater to my knee, I now have a nice burn mark from it. This might not happen to you. I have very long legs and they are bending even when seat all way back.
I had this happen to me once on my 997.1 RS until I got a roll bar / 6-point. I wear a race suit, so I didn't experience this issue in the 991.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Mass_K
Advanced

I wear a race suit, so I didn't experience this issue in the 991.
It was so hot this weekend!!! How could you do it? I was sweating in shorts and a t-shirt.

P.S.
I love the decals you have on your car. They looked great
Old 04-27-2015, 09:40 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by need a 993
My new screen saver!!! Awesome pic. Would make a great poster for the garage! Let me know if I can get a digital copy please.
Thanks for the compliment!

I've added a link on the first post to the hi-res.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:09 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

One more video from Sebring...

Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Haha, nicely done. Told my friend that the red Noble? Would go off or spin. Right again.

Small suggestion, i think you Are too friendly / accomodating when pointing by and getting off line. Cars coming up might be caught off guard (even worse a red misted Car may just fly by without Point by) and your picking throwing up crap and you might get out of your rythm and surprise yourself. Lifting just enough to let a car on the straights once the are passing is nice but lifting too much in the corner may catch someone off guard as well.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:00 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Haha, nicely done. Told my friend that the red Noble? Would go off or spin. Right again.

Small suggestion, i think you Are too friendly / accomodating when pointing by and getting off line. Cars coming up might be caught off guard (even worse a red misted Car may just fly by without Point by) and your picking throwing up crap and you might get out of your rythm and surprise yourself. Lifting just enough to let a car on the straights once the are passing is nice but lifting too much in the corner may catch someone off guard as well.
Good point, Peter. Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback. Good observation and I understand what you mean.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:18 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

Another awesome vid, hope you guys had fun this weekend. I know that I did . The disappointing part is that the weekends have to come to an end and everyone needs to return back to their daily routines.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:28 AM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

Good point, Peter. Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback. Good observation and I understand what you mean.
Great video , do you haves 2015 GT3 with bucket seats? Is it HANS compatible? I have a 2014 with only the available sport seats..as buckets then were not AV...but for safety, I'd like to add seats with a HANs, but don't know what is best fit the 991 GT3. Any suggestions? I have Cantrell Roll Bar already ordered...Thx!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:47 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CARFANATICA
Great video , do you haves 2015 GT3 with bucket seats? Is it HANS compatible? I have a 2014 with only the available sport seats..as buckets then were not AV...but for safety, I'd like to add seats with a HANs, but don't know what is best fit the 991 GT3. Any suggestions? I have Cantrell Roll Bar already ordered...Thx!

I do have a 2015 with bucket seats. There are others here that have experience already with aftermarket seats. They factory buckets are hans compatible and I have getting my Cantrell Rollbar in today (after 11 days of transport). I also ordered a pair of the new sub-bars from Cantrell.

Quick Reply: Ready for Sebring