991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS AC and Radio delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:27 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

BUY A CUP
Old 04-21-2015, 04:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,494 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I originally had the lightest weight spec possible, with both deletes, no lift and PCCB.

When the rumors of the next RS seemed to get more legitimate, I added everything back.
pls eablorate or pm me on the rumor of the next RS what have you heard?

Originally Posted by gt3rscr250m
I have a '88 911 Clubsport that I bought new which has neither a radio or A/C and as a result I've driven it less than 15K since . It was novel as a kid , and the weight saving to ratio of the cars power might have meant something , but today I wouldn't even think about it . The CS tended to only get used in the early spring or a couple months in the fall - it was pretty miserable . Maybe as a form of torture you may want to do it , but I can't see where it would possibly make any performance difference . Would think it would be very difficult to sell . My 3 cents .
should the club sport gets too hot for you pls pm me. i would love that car.. let me be the subject of its torture.

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i would do it. car without screen will never date.
got all the comforts at home.
yes, i delete radio on 7.1 RS not for wt saving, but rather i hate the look of the face. if goldmund or gryphon did the face, i dont care if it add 500 lbs. it will be on my car.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It literally may be the only one in the US without AC and a Radio, but that certainly wont make it desirable in relation to other cars on the market come time to sell it. Infact, quite the contrary. If you want to save the weight, which is so miniscule, it's not even worth it, but if that's truly your desire, then how about have it delivered with them and have the dealer remove them. That way, you can put them back if/when you decide to sell the car. I don't know where you live, but almost EVERY place in the country has at times weather, even if only during a short part of the year, that makes it unbearable to not have AC. I'm guessing that the days that you can drive a car like an RS, depending on where you live, are limited to begin with. Why limit yourself even further? Also, about the radio...while I too would choose to listen to the symphony sitting over the rear wheels rather than what's coming out of the speakers, I'd rather the option to just have the radio turned off. But if I have a girlfriend, wife or friend in the car and just going for a night out, it'd be nice to cruise with the radio on. I had a 911 with a Radio and A/C delete and while 85% of the time it was fine, 15% of the time, I wish I had one or the other or both.

Can I ask what your purpose of deleting them is for? Is it to save weight? To have a uniquely optioned vehicle? To simplify the car as truly a unique sports car that would only appeal to the most diehard of enthusiasts? Because Track car? Something else? I'm just really curious of what you hope to accomplish by omitting them.
fair enough. but here are my thoughts. and i am serious...
AC: i want it i almost never drive with windows down. so no AC will kill me.
Radio: i have it on most of my GT/RS. i would turn it on, then " ah... wtf. christ is screaming... he didn't like his breakfast today"... i quickly shut it off. then look at the freaking fugly screen.... i shiver. i do.. thats the reason i kill the radio.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I will not buy your car if you get no AC...
ah...now you missed on on ex mooty RS.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:04 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my decision before starting this thread, its all submitted. I was just seeing who else is doing it.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:12 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by AciDShOrT
I made my decision before starting this thread, its all submitted. I was just seeing who else is doing it.
I thought about it and love the idea of simplifying the interior, but I chicken'd out I like commuting to the track with radio and AC. If I didn't get an allocation I would buy yours if you sold it, so I'm sure resale will be fine. Take pics so we can all behold the emptiness in all its glory!
Old 04-21-2015, 12:06 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm not getting an rs, but my 6gt3 is a/c delete.

Never would use it anyway. GT3 is best at speed with the windows down. I have other cars with a/c for trips to dinner.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I would go with what you think looks good in the car. A Ferrari Speciale interior with a screen/radio in it is torture to look at. The bare metal, stripped out interior is awesome..
My 4.0 does have AC but absolutely no screen and radio. Not because of weight savings because I have steel brakes. I just like the raw stripped feel. Less is more. It suits the car. Just like a 996rs with radio looks terrible.

But I have to say the panamera interior in the 991RS will IMO look better with screen/radio. If they make the "cup edition" my car won't have a screen in it but I'll take AC.

See if I can find out something more about the cup edition here in Shanghai on thursday.

Last edited by 997rs4.0; 04-21-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:42 PM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

My decision point was really if I wanted the Stopwatch from sports chrono or not, but in the end i submitted it without that as well. Again, it matches the theme of absolute weight savings. Ive also started my Vegan diet just to be consistent.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:58 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ nice, I'm a vegan too, except when I eat meat
Old 04-21-2015, 01:33 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Ive also started my Vegan diet just to be consistent.
Vegan and no AC? We will smell you before we see you my friend......
Old 04-21-2015, 02:12 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,594 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
true - sorry i was talking about all models in general, including carreras.

even that crap cd/radio in 996c4s for example, looks better than the equivalent car with screen.

i have an old '82 merc with the original becker cassette player.
it now chews up the tapes, but i won't replace it with new one as will wreck the whole look of the car.
So true, I have 2 Becker in the box and a ****ty looking XM blue tooth unit lol.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I will not buy your car if you get no AC...
Don't worry Barney comes with nav radio AC and everything else that's free plus color plus full leather. Rolling like a Fiat.

Originally Posted by mooty
^ nice, I'm a vegan too, except when I eat meat
Same here.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:57 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

My decision point was really if I wanted the Stopwatch from sports chrono or not, but in the end i submitted it without that as well. Again, it matches the theme of absolute weight savings. Ive also started my Vegan diet just to be consistent.
If you delete the A/C, what exactly is removed?

Is there still a fan on/off function?

I'd order mine the same way as you did.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:07 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ yes u still have fan switch and speed of fan. Heater as well
u will miss one button on the console that's it
Old 04-21-2015, 03:34 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

If you drive the car in the summer it will ultimately smell like a gym locker room.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:56 PM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

If you drive the car in the summer it will ultimately smell like a gym locker room.
Um... this may give me pause.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Hanging one of those green tree deodorizer off the mirror won't help.

Quick Reply: RS AC and Radio delete