Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher "Full" Cat-Back Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:02 PM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Patiently waiting to hear the results of the new FVD system….

I like my SW but would prefer a bit more bark!
Old 04-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

Bad news guys. This isn't what we were hoping. Go back to page 1 and look at the 2nd post for observations and video.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:16 PM
94redklzese
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

I personally think gmg bypass is all we need, if you really do need more go ahead and buy the headers too. Unless you like to spend money then go for the akrapovic. With them ou really get what you pay for I personally have the akrapovic system on all my race bikes but the price for he 991 is just to rich for my blood, You have some great vids matt and I feel bad that the exhaust you got isint what you were hoping for. I think someone should truly try the gmg headers and 200 cel cats with the cargraphic valve controller and the gmg bypass, this would mean deleting the mufflers in the wheel well and just having the system run headers cats and bypass. I really think that would sound mean and would be just what you are looking for, leaving the valves would allow for the neighbourhood drivethru and if you want it loud it's all with the press of the button.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:34 AM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Money , before you go and keep spending more time and cash i suggest you try out bbi ( under 1k solution ) or GMG. Both are more agressive than Shark. Bbi is the only one that matches the high pitch and agressive sound I was looking for. The only downside is valves are gone and if it's a weekend car it's a total thrill ride. I am not pitching any specific company. These things are subjective , you should listen to both locally. To me bbi sounds like my scud sound level with valve unplugged.
Good luck.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:43 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Just started following this after seeing Matt's upload on youtube recently.

Have you given time for the mufflers to 'break in'? Probably already know this but sometimes the sound can change after more miles. I look forward to hearing it. At Laguna Seca historic races a some of race cars have a kind of 'hollow' sound to me but then sound great with more revs.

The problems with leaks were solved? The smoke - just residue inside mufflers?

It was really interesting to watch the install thanks for recording/posting it.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:55 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 94redklzese
I personally think gmg bypass is all we need, if you really do need more go ahead and buy the headers too. Unless you like to spend money then go for the akrapovic. With them ou really get what you pay for I personally have the akrapovic system on all my race bikes but the price for he 991 is just to rich for my blood, You have some great vids matt and I feel bad that the exhaust you got isint what you were hoping for. I think someone should truly try the gmg headers and 200 cel cats with the cargraphic valve controller and the gmg bypass, this would mean deleting the mufflers in the wheel well and just having the system run headers cats and bypass. I really think that would sound mean and would be just what you are looking for, leaving the valves would allow for the neighbourhood drivethru and if you want it loud it's all with the press of the button.
I was fortunate to buy Savvy Boy's Akrapovic full exhaust off his 4.0 for my .2 GT3. Even at 40% off it is still a lot of money, but it's money well spent. The quality is incredible, every weld or seam is a work of art. The 200 cell cats, headers and mufflers save you almost 50lbs off the rear. The sound to my ear in the .2 was perfect, like a Cup at WOT, and refined around town.

You get what you pay for and before you ask, the complete exhaust system was sold to another Rennlist member in Australia.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vf430
Money , before you go and keep spending more time and cash i suggest you try out bbi ( under 1k solution ) or GMG. Both are more agressive than Shark. Bbi is the only one that matches the high pitch and agressive sound I was looking for. The only downside is valves are gone and if it's a weekend car it's a total thrill ride. I am not pitching any specific company. These things are subjective , you should listen to both locally. To me bbi sounds like my scud sound level with valve unplugged.
Good luck.
I've been think a lot about that option; inexpensive, saves a bunch of weight, and gets rid of the annoying valves. Does it annoyingly drone?
Old 04-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PiB993
Just started following this after seeing Matt's upload on youtube recently.

Have you given time for the mufflers to 'break in'? Probably already know this but sometimes the sound can change after more miles. I look forward to hearing it. At Laguna Seca historic races a some of race cars have a kind of 'hollow' sound to me but then sound great with more revs.

The problems with leaks were solved? The smoke - just residue inside mufflers?

It was really interesting to watch the install thanks for recording/posting it.
I was so mad at myself for it being out of focus. I spent all this extra time getting everything set-up and then I didn't capture in-focus video. I've only driven about 50 miles, so I'd guess it will get a little louder.

I figured out that I didn't torque the clamp between the cat and muffler anywhere near as tight as it needed to be. I fixed that quickly. The smoke was the WD40 burning off.

Don't get me wrong, they is a really great "sport" exhaust option that would be perfect for noise restricted tracks. It does sound better than stock. The tone is changed slightly. It's just enough to take that hollow sound out for me. It's also much lighter than stock. I need to get the scale out to compare.

Since this is my fun only car, I have a tendency to want more aggression. I'm not giving up just yet until I've had some time to talk to Rhonda at FVD about it.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I was so mad at myself for it being out of focus. I spent all this extra time getting everything set-up and then I didn't capture in-focus video. I've only driven about 50 miles, so I'd guess it will get a little louder.

I figured out that I didn't torque the clamp between the cat and muffler anywhere near as tight as it needed to be. I fixed that quickly. The smoke was the WD40 burning off.

Don't get me wrong, they is a really great "sport" exhaust option that would be perfect for noise restricted tracks. It does sound better than stock. The tone is changed slightly. It's just enough to take that hollow sound out for me. It's also much lighter than stock. I need to get the scale out to compare.

Since this is my fun only car, I have a tendency to want more aggression. I'm not giving up just yet until I've had some time to talk to Rhonda at FVD about it.

First off great vids Matt. I think you might be better off with deleting the side mufflers and have the center. Maybe FVD can arrange an exchange. The set up I'm talking about is the one you see in M&M's video.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 PM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I've been think a lot about that option; inexpensive, saves a bunch of weight, and gets rid of the annoying valves. Does it annoyingly drone?
It's not annoying to me and very tolerable. It depends on how you drive. I drive mostly weekends canyon drives. So 5 k and above the sound is fantastic and pretty much any Rpm you can hear music Bluetooth etc. I met with fellow rennlister and made a few videos. We will be posting it soon.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:52 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

BBi
Old 04-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,459 Likes on 762 Posts

^Do you have a pictures and sound clips of the BBI exhaust?- Is it just a rear bypass?? Please let me know what it entails
Old 04-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,459 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by vf430
Good luck.
More info on BBI. Is it just a rear bypass?? Any pictures and sound clip?
Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,799 Likes on 5,155 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
More info on BBI. Is it just a rear bypass?? Any pictures and sound clip?
Side muffler delete.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/865511-bbi-side-muffler-delete.html
Old 04-20-2015, 10:35 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Web site doesn't have anything for 991

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher "Full" Cat-Back Exhaust!