Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Allocation process....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:41 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

About 2 years ago the Ferrari dealer offered me a new F-12 they had coming in for 425 list plus 85K over. I just laughed. I paid about 15K over for my current 458. It had 150 miles on it and was just over 1 year old. I will keep it a few more years but probably my last Ferrari.

That's cheaper than buying a car I don't want just to move up the list.

My Porsche dealer has been very fair and by the book. Hennessy stands out in a crowd. No BS with them. The best car dealer ship I have dealt with by far.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:41 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i find this funny and 100% true, and if you go on cars.com and search "new" Ferraris there are literally ZERO listings, but if you switch it to "used" 1,000 cars pop up all for over MSRP if they have 50 miles on them and considered used.
That's because Ferrari dealers are prohibited from listing brand new Ferrari's on Cars.com, AutoTrader, eBayMotors, etc.

It's a weird factory policy with stiff penalties if violated, so they play the whole "turn it into a used car" trick, and then Ferrari can't do anything about it (by law).
Old 04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Absolutely true.....at least it's a transparent process though....dealers can't sell new cars for MSRP+, used is fair game though....

And Ferrari S.p.A. and Ferrari NA enforce this rule very strictly.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:49 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_PILOT
I just picked up my GT3 over the weekend, my dealer told me there is one more open slot for new GT3 build for $25k over sticker. I thought GT3 order stopped in January. Both news are shocking.
A "build spot" for a GT3? I was under the impression that they were done with normal 3 production??
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

I just picked up my GT3 over the weekend, my dealer told me there is one more open slot for new GT3 build for $25k over sticker. I thought GT3 order stopped in January. Both news are shocking.
Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
A "build spot" for a GT3? I was under the impression that they were done with normal 3 production??
Yeah, I don't believe it. Unless they're referring to a car that's not arrived yet.

As far as I know, all build slots have long since locked down, and they ramped down production capacity to make changes in order to support GT3 RS production, which begins very soon now.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:57 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Two things on Ferrari:

There are dealers who sell over MSRP and it is quite easy to "get away" with.

What is the material difference between selling a new car over MSRP and converting a new car into a used car with 100 miles, which is sold over new MSRP? Yes, it meets the technical letter of the Ferrari policy, but it completely violates the intent. And from my perspective, it prevented me from spec'ing the car the way I wanted it.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Correct. I'm not saying I approve of this policy, process, behavior.

In the end, I just wish more dealers were honorable, and cared about long term relationships.

On the flip side, I also wish more people who had more money than they know what to do with, wouldn't throw money away at the dealers who request $XX thousand above MSRP.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Yeah, I don't believe it. Unless they're referring to a car that's not arrived yet.

As far as I know, all build slots have long since locked down, and they ramped down production capacity to make changes in order to support GT3 RS production, which begins very soon now.
My PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 was built in series production at the end of March 2015

V260
Vehicle entry to body shop (CP 0.0)
03/20/2015
03/27/2015
03/19/2015
V270
Vehicle exit production (CP 7.8)
03/27/2015
03/27/2015
03/26/2015
V300
Vehicle completion (CP 8.0)
04/03/2015
03/27/2015
03/26/2015
V331
Entry port Emden
04/10/2015
03/27/2015
03/31/2015

For more information on these late allocation PTS gt3s, I refer you to this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...grey-gt3s.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-08-2015, 03:13 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Indeed. Though, the slot was not configurable, and I find it hard to believe any configurable slots remain available...
Old 04-08-2015, 03:17 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

call me naive but were seeing pictures online all over the place of White, silver, purple RS's out in the wild. These cant be the mules because we know at least some of them were different colors and as far as i know they don't sell the Test mules or release them.......................so, has production started somewhere? How else could we see real cars driving around Europe???
Ah yes, good question. I'm not entirely sure. Obviously they have to have some capacity to build the test mules, as well, so I'm not sure how they handle the overlap.

All I know is that they had to stop producing the GT3 in order to get to full capacity on GT3 RS production. That, and the fact that usually people stop buying GT3's once the RS is out.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:21 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

WOW! I'm shocked there are people out in this World that would even consider doing this!!! It is just a car! It has 4 wheels and a wing. You will get bored of it just like with any other car. Some people really have too much money to burn. Give it to charity rather than to an a-hole on Craigslist.
I have a deposit on GT4. I haven't heard anything about an allocation yet. I do not call,I do not email,I do not care.
Dealer calls to come spec car I pay price on porscheusa.com. Dealer calls to ask extra I tell them to go f themselves and give deposit back. Me no care no GT4. Me invest 100K and make more Ks $.
That's it,have a nice day!
Old 04-08-2015, 03:22 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good lord - 100% markup? Insane.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:41 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

It is the buyer, not the seller who sets the final price, if someone is willing to pay 60k over MSRP, someone will be glad to sell it to him.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

call me naive but were seeing pictures online all over the place of White, silver, purple RS's out in the wild. These cant be the mules because we know at least some of them were different colors and as far as i know they don't sell the Test mules or release them.......................so, has production started somewhere? How else could we see real cars driving around Europe???
They're the final pre-production models. About one or two months before the start of production Porsche builds the 0-Series cars which is what we're seeing. They follow the PT series (Prototype), U series (Uebungsserie; "try out series") and the PV series (ProduktionsVorbereitung or production preparation).

The "0" series are all the press cars, reference cars and a few test cars for final applications and test drives. This is the first time a complete car with all decals, right colors and everything else drives out of the gate at Zuffenhausen.

As for the original topic of this thread, it sounds like an April Fools joke. I'm not questioning the OP's info at all, but it's just stunning that anyone would ask and expect to get $60K over for a GT4 or even a GT3/RS for that matter.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:12 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
They're the final pre-production models. About one or two months before the start of production Porsche builds the 0-Series cars which is what we're seeing. They follow the PT series (Prototype), U series (Uebungsserie; "try out series") and the PV series (ProduktionsVorbereitung or production preparation).

The "0" series are all the press cars, reference cars and a few test cars for final applications and test drives. These are first time a complete car with all decals, right colors and everything else drives out of the gate at Zuffenhausen.
Ah, thank you for those details! Very helpful.

Quick Reply: Porsche Allocation process....