Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,660 Likes on 771 Posts

Said to be British Racibg green
Old 05-30-2015, 12:37 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Said to be British Racibg green

awesome song... if I ever get a BRG car, i'll play that song every time the car starts
Old 05-30-2015, 12:49 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 2015 GT3 in Fashion Grey Available

Hey guys, I know that this is not the classified thread but I thought anyone interested would appreciate the exposure. We have a 2015 GT3 PTS Fashion Grey available and on the ground. MSRP is $156,760 will be sold for $176,760. Pics and build sheet are here. Please PM, call, text or email for further details.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...hion-grey.html
Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default A late allocation '15 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' gt3 finally lands in US...at Houston!

Of all the three late allocation PTS gt3s, these have been the most elusive to find in the US dealer network. I posted the following on 5/22:

"Of the possible ten (max) late '15 allocations to be done in 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' for the US market, we have identified one for a Rennlister sold via dealer in Las Vegas, one ordered by '918 Anonymous' via the 918 VIP program, one at Champion in Florida, one at Rusnak-Pasadena (the color blind folks!), one with the Todd Blue 'IndiGo' Porsche dealer organization and a possible one destined for Jerry Seinfeld in Connecticut. None of these, to our knowledge, has yet been delivered to their customers here in the US. If anyone knows of another one of these late '15 gt3s in 'Fashion Grey' that is not mentioned in the list above, please let us know!"

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12302203

This is the one we previously mentioned heading to Todd Blue's 'IndiGo Group' at Porsche of North Houston'. It was first reported to us as a vehicle reserved for GM Kelly Wolf's use & not initially meant for sale. But they apparently changed their minds & put it up for sale when it arrived...albeit at a hefty $20K mark up over sticker! The other late PTS gt3 obtained by 'IndiGo Group' was Msmatt's 'Signal Green' at Porsche of Rancho Mirage in California.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-30-2015, 01:20 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
a hefty $20K mark up over sticker!
$20k premium is the special RL discount. You really can't blame our RL sponsor for charging over sticker... I hear those RL sponsorship fees are steep!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:14 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sportscentury
$20k premium is the special RL discount. You really can't blame our RL sponsor for charging over sticker... I hear those RL sponsorship fees are steep!
The premium is due to availability, as everyone's aware.
Others have paid this premium and are currently enjoying their cars..

And yes, the sponsorship fees are steep for someone in my position.
I pay $650 per month out of my own pocket to have the opportunity to present our inventory to this community. Money well spent in my case!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:59 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Cleaned up and on the showroom

Attached Images    
Old 05-30-2015, 03:14 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH

I pay $650 per month out of my own pocket to have the opportunity to present our inventory to this community. Money well spent in my case!
Didn't realize the fees are that high -- you might want to hike the premium up to $40k! All joking aside, GLWS...I'm sure it will sell quickly.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:49 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone spotted one of the Arean Red cars in the wild or have none of them arrived at the dealers yet???
Old 05-30-2015, 03:58 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
Anyone spotted one of the Arean Red cars in the wild or have none of them arrived at the dealers yet???
To my knowledge no ARM have arrived Stateside yet. Seems out of the 30 PTS, ARM were the last off the line. My ARM is due to arrive within 2 weeks and my VIN ends in 63. Anybody with a higher VIN?
Old 05-30-2015, 04:11 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH

I paid MSRP for my Paint to sample and walked on many deals calling for over MSRP. I was patient and it paid off. When people " bitch/moan" that dealers are charging over MSRP I never blame the dealers. I take issue with the buyers that must have it now attitude with more money than brains. The car will sell as I'm sure you will find some little rich boy that must have it now.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Blkdsr12
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
To my knowledge no ARM have arrived Stateside yet. Seems out of the 30 PTS, ARM were the last off the line. My ARM is due to arrive within 2 weeks and my VIN ends in 63. Anybody with a higher VIN?
62. Probably most hitting the states around the same time.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:36 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

I paid MSRP for my Paint to sample and walked on many deals calling for over MSRP. I was patient and it paid off. When people " bitch/moan" that dealers are charging over MSRP I never blame the dealers. I take issue with the buyers that must have it now attitude with more money than brains. The car will sell as I'm sure you will find some little rich boy that must have it now.
Well, you say that as if a- finding one was easy (was not!), b- the dealer that had rec'd the PTS car had no buyers, and c- you could just wait it out and wear them down.

BS on all the above. Everyone of these cars with the exception of maybe the ARM versions went immediately to favored customers or for sale at over list. Dealers are not fools, they know what the market will bear and I would wait out for the right buyer if I'm the dealer. It's a free market, and we have to thank Porsche for making this a sellers market.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:16 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by montoya
Well, you say that as if a- finding one was easy (was not!), b- the dealer that had rec'd the PTS car had no buyers, and c- you could just wait it out and wear them down.

BS on all the above. Everyone of these cars with the exception of maybe the ARM versions went immediately to favored customers or for sale at over list. Dealers are not fools, they know what the market will bear and I would wait out for the right buyer if I'm the dealer. It's a free market, and we have to thank Porsche for making this a sellers market.
Where did I say buying a GT3 was easy ?
I said I walked on every deal over MSRP

What are you calling BS on ?

I am a free market guy too. I posted that I do NOT blame the dealers, but rather the buyers with that must have it now attitude. The dealers are only responding to the demand of buyers.

Are you sure you read my post ?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:03 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Where did I say buying a GT3 was easy ?
I said I walked on every deal over MSRP

What are you calling BS on ?

I am a free market guy too. I posted that I do NOT blame the dealers, but rather the buyers with that must have it now attitude. The dealers are only responding to the demand of buyers.

Are you sure you read my post ?
Yes, it's just that you made it sound so easy: All these dealers with PTS you can just shop one against the other. I looked for SG and found none, so the thought of walking on one I found to play on the next one, well that is what I'm calling you out on. It seems unlikely unless you purchased an ARM, which I believe there were more than one out there looking for buyers. If you are telling me you have a SG, then I bow down to your negotiating skills and courage to find another!

We are saying the same about the seller and buyer situation- it's an artificial sellers market created by Porsche.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!