Sponsored by:

Fashion grey 2015 GT3 available

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 01:54 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by <3mph
Since I have the only Fashion grey GT3 so far, I guess I'll chime in here too. The colour is definitely a bit polarizing, even to me. It is not everyone's cup of tea, in fact, there are days when I wish I'd chosen a bright, dazzling PTS colour instead too (until my wife reminds me that would be a no go!). I've previously posted it can look a bit washed out in bright light, and sometimes more yellow than I'd like in certain lighting conditions. So I wouldn't disagree with those who honestly feel that way about it. But in other lighting it's just amazing! For a subtle, DD car, it's very unique and much nicer in person than photos show (imo of course). As a result, I'm much less concerned occasionally parking the car in a public lot that it'll attract a lot of attention, which is important for my use of the car. Plus, I agree with some others that the Sport Classic was one of the most memorable and desirable and interesting-looking 911s ever, and fashion grey is about as close to that colour as you'll get. I love that fashion grey has historic significance, and that some really old colours are being recycled and look cool on modern cars. So overall, it is really perfect for what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier with my choice (unless I had two GT3s, or say an RS, with the second in a great blue or yellow or something very bold!).

That said, I personally don't love the colour enough to pay $30K over for it (and that is apart from my general reluctance to pay over MSRP). I specced my car with all the options I wanted, and I'm very happy with it, but that is the only way I'd want to do it.

Yours is the only one? I met someone in Atlanta who said their 2014 is fashion grey (he was from Wisconsin). Was it you?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
Yours is the only one? I met someone in Atlanta who said their 2014 is fashion grey (he was from Wisconsin). Was it you?
Daniel was referring only to PTS 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' gt3s. So far he has the only one we know has been delivered in North America. There are a few (but not many) 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' 991 around....a 991 coupe from Park Place (Texas):

and a cab from Cape Girardeau, Missouri come to mind!

But there could be other PTS 'Fashion Grey' gt3s built in MY2014 for a US customer in Wisconsin...we just don't know about them here at Rennlist.

Of the possible ten (max) late '15 allocations to be done in 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' for the US market, we have identified one for a Rennlister sold via dealer in Las Vegas, one ordered by '918 Anonymous' via the 918 VIP program, one at Champion in Florida, one at Rusnak-Pasadena (the color blind folks!), one with the Todd Blue 'IndiGo' Porsche dealer organization and a possible one destined for Jerry Seinfeld in Connecticut. None of these, to our knowledge, has yet been delivered to their customers here in the US. If anyone knows of another one of these late '15 gt3s in 'Fashion Grey' that is not mentioned in the list above, please let us know!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-22-2015, 02:51 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Got it... photo evidence:
http://fv.pca.org/wp-content/uploads...March-2015.pdf
Also, Eduardo - congrats on your signal green - i saw pics in the other thread and it looks fantastic. enjoy!
Old 05-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Wow!

Great find, llstuey!

I hope we can get this individual, or somebody that knows him from that PCA region, to fill us in with more details about his '14 gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'! That region is around Appleton, Wisconsin!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Thanks for your note above on the 'Signal Green' gt3.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:42 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have the only Fashion grey GT3 so far, I guess I'll chime in here too. The colour is definitely a bit polarizing, even to me. It is not everyone's cup of tea, in fact, there are days when I wish I'd chosen a bright, dazzling PTS colour instead too (until my wife reminds me that would be a no go!). I've previously posted it can look a bit washed out in bright light, and sometimes more yellow than I'd like in certain lighting conditions. So I wouldn't disagree with those who honestly feel that way about it. But in other lighting it's just amazing! For a subtle, DD car, it's very unique and much nicer in person than photos show (imo of course). As a result, I'm much less concerned occasionally parking the car in a public lot that it'll attract a lot of attention, which is important for my use of the car. Plus, I agree with some others that the Sport Classic was one of the most memorable and desirable and interesting-looking 911s ever, and fashion grey is about as close to that colour as you'll get. I love that fashion grey has historic significance, and that some really old colours are being recycled and look cool on modern cars. So overall, it is really perfect for what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier with my choice (unless I had two GT3s, or say an RS, with the second in a great blue or yellow or something very bold!).

That said, I personally don't love the colour enough to pay $30K over for it (and that is apart from my general reluctance to pay over MSRP). I specced my car with all the options I wanted, and I'm very happy with it, but that is the only way I'd want to do it.

I think this is a fantastic looking GT3. Especially love the contrast between subtle gray, yellow brake calipers, and the bold (by 911 standards) styling of the GT3. Really great looking car. I frequently check your thread just to see fotos
Old 05-22-2015, 04:34 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

^ Got it... photo evidence
Awesome! Thanks for that info and for correcting my misconception! I did actually think mine was the only one until the next ten arrive. But that's really cool to see another one already delivered.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:25 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for that info and for correcting my misconception! I did actually think mine was the only one until the next ten arrive. But that's really cool to see another one already delivered.
...but you're more likely the only one in Canada.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Bokke
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

It took Park Place over a year to sell that car!!
Old 05-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 804 Likes on 369 Posts

Not polarizing to me. I love that colour!!

Originally Posted by Z356
Great find, llstuey!

I hope we can get this individual, or somebody that knows him from that PCA region, to fill us in with more details about his '14 gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'! That region is around Appleton, Wisconsin!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Thanks for your note above on the 'Signal Green' gt3.

Damn, that's Chuck Norris! That car better shift itself, or else!
Old 05-23-2015, 07:43 PM
dntlvet
Pro

GT Silver works for me.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:45 PM
dntlvet
Pro

NOPE I have a 15 GT Silver
Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the compliments to all of you who were so kind!
(The 'meh' comments are appreciated as honest opinions too!)
Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 583 Posts

I love the grey - congrats and enjoy!
Old 05-25-2015, 11:47 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
PS A few were imported to the US, although not certified for road use. So in private collections.
i have purchased a Sport Classic a couple of months ago from a German Collector (car has 255 miles on it). i am in the process of importing it into USA right now under Show & Display DOT exception. it will be certified for road use, just like the previously imported Sport Classics were.

will keep you updated and post pictures once I get the car.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
i have purchased a Sport Classic a couple of months ago from a German Collector (car has 255 miles on it). i am in the process of importing it into USA right now under Show & Display DOT exception. it will be certified for road use, just like the previously imported Sport Classics were.

will keep you updated and post pictures once I get the car.
Did you get your fashion grey GT3 yet?

Quick Reply: Fashion grey 2015 GT3 available